Sponsored

New Nitto drag radial released NT555R2

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
@Discount Tire can you let us know when the 285/35-19 become available?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
PM sent to @Discount Tire. Pricing on 305/35/20 as well as a set of fronts for a 2020 GT500
Do you have your 500 yet and if so, did you try theses tires? I was considering using these for daily summer driving (freeway pulls) and the occasional track day and was wondering how they compared to the stock PS4S tires. Also, any reason you were going to run the 305/35/20 instead of a 315/35/20?

@Discount Tire can you shoot me a PM for the price of 2 tires in each of those sizes? Thanks!

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Discount Tire can you let us know when the 285/35-19 become available?
Yes, we certainly can, as of now they still show the third quarter of this year. If it follows the past few sizes released we should have more info by mid September, hopefully sooner though.

We will keep an eye on the 305/35R18 as well

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Can I get a quote on a pair of 305/30/20 NT555Rii

Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Any info on when the 305/45/17 will be available?
The small sidewall 17's are useless for most newer cars, I'm surprised they released them before the taller sidewalls.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Any info on when the 305/45/17 will be available?
The small sidewall 17's are useless for most newer cars, I'm surprised they released them before the taller sidewalls.
Not as of yet, the 305/45R17 is set to release in the third quarter as well. Up to this point the releases have come out near the end of the quarters. I would anticipate these to follow, I will keep my eye on these as well. Plan for Mid September area for us to get info and i can follow up in this thread

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Been running these tires for about a week now. Initial impressions are that they are phenomenal.

Coming from MPSS, these are my first DR. Traction is ridiculously good. Im currently around 830whp. I haven't done a ton of launches yet but I was able to get traction at WOT in 2nd with very minimal spin. 3rd is dead hook. These tires blew my mind. Makes me SO much more confident in the car. Even if they spin its barely at all and very controllable. Going WOT or launching with my MPSS was nerve wracking every time trying to control spin and fishtailing.

Drove them in a rainstorm as well and couldnt tell them apart from my MPSS around town at light/moderate throttle. On the highway I kept it between 60-70 and they felt good. Standing water upsets them a little more however.

Comparing them to my MPSS, on the street, taking turns you can feel a little more slop and sway in the rear. It's not anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be though. Maybe I don't push it that hard in corners on the street but it's completely worth the trade off for the straight line traction.

Treadlife will determine if I continue using them after these wear out. Hoping for 10-15k.

They also sit very nicely on my wheels. Nice and flush where my MPSS looked stretched on the rim. Same size.

20200708-095203-hdr-jpg.jpg
20200708-095207-jpg.jpg

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Thank you! This is the wet weather feedback I’ve been waiting for! So glad to hear another glowing traction review as well. My extra set of19x11 rear wheels arrive tomorrow, and my 305/35R19 arrive Wednesday. Woohoo!
Been running these tires for about a week now. Initial impressions are that they are phenomenal.

Coming from MPSS, these are my first DR. Traction is ridiculously good. Im currently around 830whp. I haven't done a ton of launches yet but I was able to get traction at WOT in 2nd with very minimal spin. 3rd is dead hook. These tires blew my mind. Makes me SO much more confident in the car. Even if they spin its barely at all and very controllable. Going WOT or launching with my MPSS was nerve wracking every time trying to control spin and fishtailing.

Drove them in a rainstorm as well and couldnt tell them apart from my MPSS around town at light/moderate throttle. On the highway I kept it between 60-70 and they felt good. Standing water upsets them a little more however.

Comparing them to my MPSS, on the street, taking turns you can feel a little more slop and sway in the rear. It's not anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be though. Maybe I don't push it that hard in corners on the street but it's completely worth the trade off for the straight line traction.

Treadlife will determine if I continue using them after these wear out. Hoping for 10-15k.

They also sit very nicely on my wheels. Nice and flush where my MPSS looked stretched on the rim. Same size.

20200708-095207-jpg.jpg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

20200708-095207-jpg.jpg
I'd be happy with 5,000 miles on a set.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'd be happy with 5,000 miles on a set.
You should be able to get alot more than that unless your burnout happy. From what I could find the last gen 555R's were consistently lasting people between 10-18k

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
You should be able to get alot more than that unless your burnout happy. From what I could find the last gen 555R's were consistently lasting people between 10-18k
Not burnout happy at all, but I am throttle heavy. As long as they stick it will be ok.
Sponsored