Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Was that for the "INSIDE" or "OUTSIDE" cover for the CFTP GT500?
Inside. The internet prices seem to be consistent no matter which you get

Edited to add:
I bought mine from Fordpartsonsale.com for $304 plus shipping, no tax.
Sponsored

Last edited:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Inside. The internet prices seem to be consistent no matter which you get

Edited to add:
I bought mine from Fordpartsonsale.com for $304 plus shipping, no tax.
Thanks Tom for the website, I just found something I been looking for the wife's car since 2019 Christmas.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
bringing this back up. can someone tell me the difference between indoor and outdoor covers? is the material different, install tougher/easier etc? Mine has a very nice garage to stay in, but in the off chance it must stay outside, id like outdoor. prefer not to have to buy 2 for rare occasions.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
bringing this back up. can someone tell me the difference between indoor and outdoor covers? is the material different, install tougher/easier etc? Mine has a very nice garage to stay in, but in the off chance it must stay outside, id like outdoor. prefer not to have to buy 2 for rare occasions.
Steve,
Call coverking and ask them that question. I learned the hard way that the indoor cover is not meant for the outdoors. The car was on jack stands and it rained. The indoor cover is a sponge that becomes almost unmanageable. I wound up taking it up to the washing machine for a spin cycle only and you wouldn't believe the water that was extracted.

The indoor cover is in no way suitable for the outdoors.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Steve,
Call coverking and ask them that question. I learned the hard way that the indoor cover is not meant for the outdoors. The car was on jack stands and it rained. The indoor cover is a sponge that becomes almost unmanageable. I wound up taking it up to the washing machine for a spin cycle only and you wouldn't believe the water that was extracted.

The indoor cover is in no way suitable for the outdoors.
Thanks, that answers about 1/2 of my pondering then. I guess I should ask now, is the FP Outdoor cover, easy enough and suitable for indoor usage? I have no idea what the material is, and even though im PPF and ceramic'd, id feel shitty throwing "tarp" material over the car whilst inside the garage

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Generally speaking, outdoor holds out most of the rain. is heaver, and can put light scratching in the clear coat. Indoor lighter softer materials, satin beaning the softest most proctive to the finish.

Myself purchased an indoor cover about 250, had the wife sew 2 sheets together. Those go on first and then the car cover. That's done because at 250, the material is not as soft as the satin.

Sharp or high edges on the body can get light scratches (think swirl marks type) as the cover is pulled on. To add my car is past waxed, the ceramics may very will prevent that from happening, just something to be aware of.

I looked at quite a few cover web sites, learn the jargon. You will notice there are ruffly 7 combos and all being the same.
Hope this helps some. Set a budget and you can find a decent cover. Couple of bed sheets stitched together adds a cheap layer for extra paint protection

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that answers about 1/2 of my pondering then. I guess I should ask now, is the FP Outdoor cover, easy enough and suitable for indoor usage? I have no idea what the material is, and even though im PPF and ceramic'd, id feel shitty throwing "tarp" material over the car whilst inside the garage
The answer to your question is in the specific coverking material used in the outdoor cover. Call them or look at what coverking does with their outdoor covers. All ford does is buy stuff they already make.

Its either a call to coverking or a bit of research of what they offer for that kind of cover. I am yet to hear of anyone with a GT500 outdoor cover.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tom: I too learned that the factory cover is a sponge. We had an attack of asps down here and a handful of them built nests on the cover. After pulling them off there were small stains so I elected to put the whole thing in the wash.

Got most of the spots out BUT...

After one pass through the dryer I put the cover back on. Next day, needed to check the audio in Surround mode so I half removed the cover. Immediately saw wet spots on the car and upon further investigation, I discovered that the cover was holding a LOT of water.

Ran her through the dryer twice more and that finally solved it but I'm here to second that emotion of a sponge. Unbelievable, really.

KB
Sponsored