Fog lights

Vondon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donovan
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, Volvo
Can someone Photoshop some round fog lights in the grill for me? Thanks.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My avatar speaks for itself. :wink:

Here ya go ..........

https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2020_06_mustang_fog_light_hero-1.jpeg

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Can you make the fog lights clear and not yellow tint.
I like this look more than I thought I would.
Also, can anyone photo shop the Mach1 base wheels painted all silver instead of the dark tarnish grey color?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:cwl: I cribbed that from the internet.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
IMHO this car simply has to have fog lights in the grille if the holes are there, or it'll look like they've been left out during assembly.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It looks like they couldn’t decide if they were building a Mach 1 or a Boss
I've said this same thing.

My theory is that based on the PPL2 development teams saying they were told to make a setup for a new BOSS car that originally there was supposed to be a 2019 BOSS. But the GT350 was extended so what was developed was split. Suspension (minus coolers) became the PPL2, engine went in the BULLITT, and the extra years lead them develop a few tweaks and a bit more aero. The Mach1 wheels also look like tweaked Bullitt and PPL2 wheels.

I also feel that there was so much hate about calling the Mach-E a Mach1 that Ford decided to rename the BOSS car to Mach1 to appease angry mustang people. They also may have spent money on making new Mach1 emblems and promo materials.

I personally feel they should have released the manual PPL2+Boss appropriate decals as the 2018-2020 "BOSS" package(as the boss is known for handling), the Bullitt + Mach1 appropriate with 10spd auto as the 2019-2020 Mach1 package(as the mach1 was known more as the drag/street racer). This would mean they could have the BOSS, Mach1, GT350 and GT500 in dealers at once. Just like the 60's/70's again. The "Bullitt" package would just be DHG paint and stitching on ANY Mustang.

Now that the GT350, PPL2(boss), and BULLITT(mach1) is gone the new 2021 package could take a page from the EcoBoot's new 2.3L High Performance Package. It is a power and handling kit. The 2021 Mach1 could just be called the 5.0L High Performance Package. This could make the people that really love the classic names more happy, and not break anything about any of their legacies.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I've said this same thing.

My theory is that based on the PPL2 development teams saying they were told to make a setup for a new BOSS car that originally there was supposed to be a 2019 BOSS. But the GT350 was extended so what was developed was split. Suspension (minus coolers) became the PPL2, engine went in the BULLITT, and the extra years lead them develop a few tweaks and a bit more aero. The Mach1 wheels also look like tweaked Bullitt and PPL2 wheels.

I also feel that there was so much hate about calling the Mach-E a Mach1 that Ford decided to rename the BOSS car to Mach1 to appease angry mustang people. They also may have spent money on making new Mach1 emblems and promo materials.

I personally feel they should have released the manual PPL2+Boss appropriate decals as the 2018-2020 "BOSS" package(as the boss is known for handling), the Bullitt + Mach1 appropriate with 10spd auto as the 2019-2020 Mach1 package(as the mach1 was known more as the drag/street racer). This would mean they could have the BOSS, Mach1, GT350 and GT500 in dealers at once. Just like the 60's/70's again. The "Bullitt" package would just be DHG paint and stitching on ANY Mustang.

Now that the GT350, PPL2(boss), and BULLITT(mach1) is gone the new 2021 package could take a page from the EcoBoot's new 2.3L High Performance Package. It is a power and handling kit. The 2021 Mach1 could just be called the 5.0L High Performance Package. This could make the people that really love the classic names more happy, and not break anything about any of their legacies.
My personal take was the 2021 Mach 1 was supposed to be a 2021 Boss, given the power and handling tweaks. Somewhere along the line, Ford must've heard the cries that the Mach E was going to ruin the Mach name, and they made the switch from Boss to Mach 1. It's all speculation until someone from Ford Marketing or Planning speaks up about it.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My personal take was the 2021 Mach 1 was supposed to be a 2021 Boss, given the power and handling tweaks. Somewhere along the line, Ford must've heard the cries that the Mach E was going to ruin the Mach name, and they made the switch from Boss to Mach 1. It's all speculation until someone from Ford Marketing or Planning speaks up about it.
I only suspect 2019 as that was when the GT350 had a mild refresh for just 2yrs. Also the BULLITT technically was late as it was a 2019 model, but the anniversay was in 2018. Making me think the engine was always intended for a 2019 car. You could argue the Bullitt was delayed when the 1968 was "found" but really the car should have been done for 2018 if that was the real intent to have a 50th anniversary. I get delaying Order books some, but not that long. I'm not sure but I assume suspension needs less testing and certification so it was likely easier to have done and so as it was ready they just released it for 2018. Also explains why there was some Magneride shortages. There were now 3 cars built around having it(ppl2, bullitt, GT350) instead of just one. Part of me wonders if the original intent was to be like 2013 with a BOSS and GT500 again, but either GT350 sales were still good, or the GT500 was running a bit late. May also account for initial rumors why the 2018 PPL2 production was going to be limited. They had SOME inventory as it wasn't fully stocked, it was intended to not be out till 2019. Either way it makes no sense to have a PPL2 and Bullitt when both have Ford Performance packages to nearly make them the same as your new Top Non-Shelby Mustang. As it sits I just need coolers and swap the tranny if mine were to go and I'd have a Mach1 for all intents and purposes, I already have the handling kit.
Sponsored