Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
have you actually been to the dealer? if you are just trying to do this all through email they may not take you seriously. I’ve tried the email route, didn’t get far until I went in.

Try Peoria Ford. Talk to Daniel in sales and Zack in the parts department. I paid about $8600 for the blower and install. They don’t have the best reviews but I haven’t had any issues and the two I mention have been top notch. No warranty issues, They give me a loaner car if I need it.
I've had good luck at Camelback service but haven't purchased from them before. Will see what kind of inventory Peoria has.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I've had good luck at Camelback service but haven't purchased from them before. Will see what kind of inventory Peoria has.
The interesting thing about Camelback is that they don't quote you an hourly rate for labor. I had them install my P2 tune. They charged me about $580. It was $430 for the tune (I think) and about $150 for the install. I asked them about installing my cradle lockouts and they got me a quote back of $600 for the install and it's only a 2 hour job. They said they charge per job, not per hour. I used them for the tune because Peoria is about a 30 minute drive and they normally have the car for more than I am willing to wait without a loaner.

Peoria quoted me $90 an hour for install. They installed the blower and my exhaust. Charged an hour in labor for the exhaust. I have the Borla Type S with Carbon Fiber tips. I noticed one of the tips was about the fall off and they contacted Borla, ordered screws and nuts, then pulled it off again and got to all of the hard to reach screws and put them on again.

Like I said above, only issue for me is the drive and the fact they normally have the car for a few days. Even for a tune. Normally not a huge problem because they give me a loaner if I give them a few days notice.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
The interesting thing about Camelback is that they don't quote you an hourly rate for labor. I had them install my P2 tune. They charged me about $580. It was $430 for the tune (I think) and about $150 for the install. I asked them about installing my cradle lockouts and they got me a quote back of $600 for the install and it's only a 2 hour job. They said they charge per job, not per hour. I used them for the tune because Peoria is about a 30 minute drive and they normally have the car for more than I am willing to wait without a loaner.

Peoria quoted me $90 an hour for install. They installed the blower and my exhaust. Charged an hour in labor for the exhaust. I have the Borla Type S with Carbon Fiber tips. I noticed one of the tips was about the fall off and they contacted Borla, ordered screws and nuts, then pulled it off again and got to all of the hard to reach screws and put them on again.

Like I said above, only issue for me is the drive and the fact they normally have the car for a few days. Even for a tune. Normally not a huge problem because they give me a loaner if I give them a few days notice.
Nice thx for the feedback. Peoria is a bit out of the way but if they are willing to work a deal I'd make the trip. When I lived at the Biltmore, Camelback was like a mile away so have had all service done there despite purchasing at Surprise. But even that was because in late 2017 it was the only pp1 A10 I could find lol. Live at South Mountain now but have still been going to Camelback.

8600 on top of sticker, especially if at 0% sounds pretty reasonable to me. Looks like they have a Velocity Blue and a few Oxford white 401a A10 cars to look at.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nice thx for the feedback. Peoria is a bit out of the way but if they are willing to work a deal I'd make the trip. When I lived at the Biltmore, Camelback was like a mile away so have had all service done there despite purchasing at Surprise. But even that was because in late 2017 it was the only pp1 A10 I could find lol. Live at South Mountain now but have still been going to Camelback.

8600 on top of sticker, especially if at 0% sounds pretty reasonable to me. Looks like they have a Velocity Blue and a few Oxford white 401a A10 cars to look at.
3F3AAFD2-D9B6-43D4-A333-A094BD5A6242.jpeg

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Looks good man. I feel like that color would also show dust that we have plenty of here much less than my current magnetic. Ebony leather vs gray too. Though the oxford white one that first caught my eye that was sold had that red leather interior. Really popped.
Resized_20180602_121122_5309.jpeg

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yep, white with red interior is a looker. Doesn't show dust like a dark color, either.

showstopper1.JPG
Laguna Wheels (2).jpg

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Anyone experiencing weird startup with p2 kit? I am having an issue at least once out of 5 times where motor surges and takes longer during a start up.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Anyone experiencing weird startup with p2 kit? I am having an issue at least once out of 5 times where motor surges and takes longer during a start up.
Never. Mine starts perfectly whether cold or fully warmed up and is smooth as silk.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Question for you guys getting updated or revised tunes.
You're not paying for those, correct?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Question question for you guys getting updated or revised tunes.
You're not paying for those, correct?
No. I think most had to pay to upgrade from P1 to P2 but they told me they would send a voucher when the P2 update was released.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No. I think most had to pay to upgrade from P1 to P2 but they told me they would send a voucher when the P2 update was released.
Awesome. Thanks.
That was the answer I got from Gavin as well. Ford gets paid by Roush for the updates/revisions.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
occasionally when the air conditioner is on but it’s not too often.