Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Where did you get the longer wheel studs?
Do you have part #s?
Thanks
I got them on summit racing. They are 1”’longer over stock. If I had to do it again. I would go with studs from MSI. 1” longer rear and 2” longer front. Closer to what the factory GT350R has
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Half my airline will be retrained on new aircraft. I kept the left seat, but it will be about a 20% pay cut. Many will loose thei jobs.

No new signature wheels, but at least I can take possession of my CFTP

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was expecting to hear something similar, Tom and my heart goes out to all those whose paycheck was reduced or worse, lost, but I'm glad your number saved the El Jefe seat. :-)
Yea, but those poor folks that will be unemployed. I did my furlough stint after 9/11. This pandemic appears to have more drastic consequences

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
i was about 14 days away from being, "hey guys, Got a great deal for someone looking for a modded GT500" lol. All is well now though, hope everyone else is too
But the power train warranty has been voided, lol

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Half my airline will be retrained on new aircraft. I kept the left seat, but it will be about a 20% pay cut. Many will loose thei jobs.

No new signature wheels, but at least I can take possession of my CFTP
Still working on some angles T. I will keep you posted...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
June 12th Update:

My full set of Carbon Ceramics were installed at approximately 3600 miles on the GT500. Drive time has been limited, and currently sitting at 3755 miles. Initial impressions are holy shit. The cumulative weight loss of 106 lbs between the wheels and braking system has completely changed the car. Quicker acceleration, lighter steering, and definitely more nimble overall. Pulls through 2nd and 3rd gear are noticeably faster. Track Pads should be on toward the end of July so we can do a track day. More time with the street pads and proper break in are still needed.

Please be advised that these rotors are based on pre-order basis. Each set is made to order taking 4-6 weeks to produce, and subject to materials availability. Racing Brake is committed to working with the GT500 / GT350 community but will only keep 1-2 sets of them on the shelf. Currently prioritizing production of these components. Those who are interested should know that RB developed these for a performance improvement, to be superior to an iron system, and their durability is fully warrantied by Racing Brake.

Below are some time frames to consider, but Racing Brake has made it clear the Group Buy will end on June 30th. That part I cannot extend.
  • Order by 6/15 - Guaranteed July 10 delivery (limited to 2 orders only)
  • Order between 6/16 - 6/30 - September delivery
  • Order after 7/1 - 14-16 weeks lead time
Racing Brake is also still interested in recruiting two dedicated track racers campaigning a GT350 / GT500 in a sanctioned racing body. This must be at club level or above, and will receive a complete RB CCB system. Please check with the sanctioning body in your class to be sure a non-stock braking system is allowed.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
But the power train warranty has been voided, lol
eh, the buyers interested in a car with my history wouldnt care, as they would have done the same already. However, shes staying with me so its no longer a worry

June 12th Update:

My full set of Carbon Ceramics were installed at approximately 3600 miles on the GT500. Drive time has been limited, and currently sitting at 3755 miles. Initial impressions are holy shit. The cumulative weight loss of 106 lbs between the wheels and braking system has completely changed the car. Quicker acceleration, lighter steering, and definitely more nimble overall. Pulls through 2nd and 3rd gear are noticeably faster. Track Pads should be on toward the end of July so we can do a track day. More time with the street pads and proper break in are still needed.

Please be advised that these rotors are based on pre-order basis. Each set is made to order taking 4-6 weeks to produce, and subject to materials availability. Racing Brake is committed to working with the GT500 / GT350 community but will only keep 1-2 sets of them on the shelf. Currently prioritizing production of these components. Those who are interested should know that RB developed these for a performance improvement, to be superior to an iron system, and their durability is fully warrantied by Racing Brake.

Below are some time frames to consider, but Racing Brake has made it clear the Group Buy will end on June 30th. That part I cannot extend.
  • Order by 6/15 - Guaranteed July 10 delivery (limited to 2 orders only)
  • Order between 6/16 - 6/30 - September delivery
  • Order after 7/1 - 14-16 weeks lead time
Racing Brake is also still interested in recruiting two dedicated track racers campaigning a GT350 / GT500 in a sanctioned racing body. This must be at club level or above, and will receive a complete RB CCB system. Please check with the sanctioning body in your class to be sure a non-stock braking system is allowed.
i felt the 40+ from wheels immidiatly, im sure the 60+ is another good affect. but both together, thats a significant weight drop, escpecially rolling. very jealous i cant be in on the 1st go around

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wanted to give a thanks to everyone that participated in the group buy now that it is officially closed. We will have 4 complete GT500 setups being sent out to owners soon. The street compound pads are also finishing up production as they had to be newly designed for the GT500. It appears the rear pad setup here is unlike anything else from Brembo. RB will also be designing their own caliper setup in the future.

I have 4330 miles on the car now, which puts me at roughly 575 street miles with the brakes. Currently with the street compound pads up front and OEM pads in the rear. Thus far the setup has no braking noise and virtually no brake dust on the wheels. It has been pretty interesting to feel how much more effective the brakes get with some heat. I did the initial bedding late one evening, and was surprised at how grabby the brakes were once out driving the next day when it was 90+ degrees out. Braking is great when cold, but you can really tell the difference when the car is sending you into the steering wheel.

Although the OEM rear pads are ok for street use, I am looking forward to having the matching compound for the rear and get the full effect. Very pleased with the initial bite, modulation, braking feel, and of course the weight reduction.

I will report back with more data/photos in a separate thread once we have everything installed and can get some more street/track time.

Cheers!

082C36F7-4B7A-4D2A-A8C5-46D1292E3D25.jpeg
72DFC613-ED17-49C7-8434-75563982721C.jpeg
4E4802B1-E757-40D6-8EA5-80C7A4B95B3E.jpeg
BA59247E-F808-42A7-884A-AD247EE8633D.jpeg
8DF63D08-7F42-40F5-B0FD-9E7AC5CA94CD.jpeg

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I just picked up a GT500! Having had ceramic brakes on my 911 I'm interested in the upgrade on the 500. Anyone aware of similar group buys or discounts currently active? Thanks!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I just picked up a GT500! Having had ceramic brakes on my 911 I'm interested in the upgrade on the 500. Anyone aware of similar group buys or discounts currently active? Thanks!
I have carbon ceramics on my 911 also and both setups worked flawlessly. I would honestly say that I like these a little bit more because they make no noise.I like the initial bite better with the racing brake setup too.

Send me a private message with your phone number and I will call you about them tomorrow. Should be able to set you up with something that saves some money for the holidays

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I know this is an older thread but curious if all is well and good with the brakes? I am possibly pulling the trigger and upgrading to a GT500 this year with the Carbon Handling package. These would make an amazing addition to the Carbon wheels. Maybe another group buy at some point with more owners out there now. Thanks!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I know this is an older thread but curious if all is well and good with the brakes? I am possibly pulling the trigger and upgrading to a GT500 this year with the Carbon Handling package. These would make an amazing addition to the Carbon wheels. Maybe another group buy at some point with more owners out there now. Thanks!
Brakes are doing very well so far. I am at a little over 8k miles with them. I may get the occasional squeak when coming to a stop, but otherwise quiet as a mouse and no dust.

The only opportunity I have not had is a track day. I keep having conflicts with my schedule. I want to see how the street pad compound does on track or if a more aggressive pad compound would be better there.

In terms of street use...... They are off the charts good. Just need me a track day..
Sponsored