Sponsored

Pcv hose removal from top

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Anyone have some tips on rempoving the PCV hose for catch can install from the top? I don't have a lift or jack and jackstands. I got one side loose easily but I can't get the other one off, I can squeeze my hand through and feel the clips but no matter how hard I push it won't come out.

I don't want to remove the intake manifold either
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I pulled the intake manifold. It's not a big deal.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I pulled the intake manifold. It's not a big deal.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I managed to get it off from the top without removing the intake manifold. I designed and 3d printed a little pinch tool and pushed it against the two white clips. Got it off in 2 minutes after that vs an hour fiddling around with my hands lol.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I designed and 3d printed a little pinch tool and pushed it against the two white clips.
You probably need to sell that shit! I'd have probably bought to avoid pulling the intake.

Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Anyone have some tips on rempoving the PCV hose for catch can install from the top? I don't have a lift or jack and jackstands. I got one side loose easily but I can't get the other one off, I can squeeze my hand through and feel the clips but no matter how hard I push it won't come out.

I don't want to remove the intake manifold either
Hey I still need to get my catch can installed so please share some pointers

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
You probably need to sell that shit! I'd have probably bought to avoid pulling the intake.
Yeah I could but it's just a very basic design I made in less than 5 minutes. It's still difficult even with the tool, so I don't want to scam people thinking the removal would be a breeze with this tool lol. I can just provide the files for the tool if anyone asks.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hey I still need to get my catch can installed so please share some pointers
I'd recommend lifting the car for the install, that's really the easiest way to do the install. If you don't own a lift/jack your next best option is to remove the intake manifold.
If you don't want to do that either like I did, you could try and get it loose from the top. But be ready to swear a lot lol. You can only reach the bottom pins this way so just push those up with something as hard as you can. Ideally you want to press both of them at the same time because if you press one up the other side goes back down.

I'll post some links of video's I watched before doing the install.

The install from the top like I did (without the screwdriver):

Tips on removing the clips:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I managed to get it off from the top without removing the intake manifold. I designed and 3d printed a little pinch tool and pushed it against the two white clips. Got it off in 2 minutes after that vs an hour fiddling around with my hands lol.
If your not going to sell it, put it on thingyverse for others.