Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yellow looks green .......!....... my head hurts !!!
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes, but it's more like a lime green, rather than the previous dark green :). With so many colors already taken, factories are now turning to different shades. Ha ha. And to confuse matters worse, Ford calls mine 'orange', when it's red. Guess Ford is learning from the politicians that they can get away with that too. Ha ha.

OP
OP
fiveohchris

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
But in the same PDF "Important do not use Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant to service Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles factory-filled with any other Motorcraft® antifreeze/coolant. In the case of these vehicles, Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant is not compatible and therefore is not approved for use. Continue to service these vehicles using only the correct recommended antifreeze/coolant"
Right?! A bit confusing when the lawyers add in that little tidbit to cover their asses. I'm going to assume "other than" is referring to "anything other than the orange coolant that it is replacing", as in don't top up or fill with yellow if your vehicle was factory filled with pink? That's my best interpretation anyway.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
fiveohchris

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yep. You going cruising tonight? There's a couple Big Block chevy's that never a little 5.0 in their lives haha
Yeah probably will go for a cruise around 8:30 or so! Love showing big block guys how much power these “little“ high compression coyotes put down lol

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Right?! A bit confusing when the lawyers add in that little tidbit to cover their asses. I'm going to assume "other than" is referring to "anything other than the orange coolant that it is replacing", as in don't top up or fill with yellow if your vehicle was factory filled with pink? That's my best interpretation anyway.
Come this time next year, we will see some mixture, one size fits all. That happened with GM in the 99.

Also agree: " Love showing big block guys how much power these “little“ high compression coyotes put down lol"

They are full of themselves, vet owners right beside them.

OP
OP
fiveohchris

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Don't forget to report back.
Went to the dealer today for an unrelated issue . Tech filled with yellow and said I should come back for a leak down test if it keeps eating coolant. I mentioned that others have had these appear low from the factory and it may have been from trapped air. He hadn’t heard of that but said a leak is unlikely given the mileage.

Anyways, I’ll wait til she’s cooled down, take a baseline and keep an eye on it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tech filled with yellow and said I should come back for a leak down test if it keeps eating coolant.
Doubt it's eating coolant. They just fucked up when they did the PDI. Like when I told em don't not drill the front bumper for the plate.. which they promptly did. Haha.

OP
OP
fiveohchris

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Doubt it's eating coolant. They just fucked up when they did the PDI. Like when I told em don't not drill the front bumper for the plate.. which they promptly did. Haha.
Yikes. Yeah thankfully mine didn’t get drilled and I was able to throw a Sto N’ Show bracket on there. However I do still have to have the typical dealer-installed swirls out of the clear coat from them having “detailed” it with a brush full gravel

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I do still have to have the typical dealer-installed swirls out of the clear coat from them having “detailed” it with a brush full gravel
Yep, me too.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I thought it was only me. My '19 GT PP2 was low on coolant too when I purchased it.

The dealer was going to take regular Prestone and fill it when I stopped them. I mean the OLD original stuff!! I looked at it and felt it looked more pink than orange but ended up having the parts dept find some orange coolant and fill it.

Is it possible that the orange stuff turns pinkish when mixed with water or oxidizes a bit? MY car does look like it was filled with pink even though ford doesn't even carry or use pink.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, mine looks like a pinkish red, or reddish pink. Ha ha. So probably the correct one. The only thing orange about it is the color of the jug. It already comes mixed 50/50, so no need to add anything.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Thanks for that.

Need to replace the water pump and fit the hose with check valve in my wife's 2015 V6 and my order of the Orange from Amazon was delivered and found it was Yellow.
You’re welcome. Glad to help!
Sponsored