Sponsored

Shaker vs. B&O system. How do they compare? Worth the money?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just disabled my center, and disabled factory eq. Very happy with iit after
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't know about the Shaker, but the B&O isn't that great to me. I have bypassed the subwoofer which was blah to me and installed a Kicker enclosure with 12" subwoofer, but I have to admit, I am sort of an audiophile and definitely require bass that you can feel. The 10" in the stock enclosure just couldn't do it for me, even after upgrading the subwoofer to a JBL that is known to makes good bass. Time to list it for sell, since is is a $200 paper weight right now.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have the B&O, sounds great to me but I can only compare it to my Alpine and Beats in my Charger & Challenger and have to said the B&O sounds better than both... wanted to love the beats I did...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just disabled my center, and disabled factory eq.
Two questions. Could you elaborate how you did that? And second: Your car had factory eq? Mine only has tone control, meaning just bass, treble, and mids. Unless you consider that eq, then they're the same :). But you could just put them in the middle, and in theory they'd be disabled. Curious what you did. Thx.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I personally think the complete system is not that great. Have you trying switching to stereo, as the default is surround.

Two questions. Could you elaborate how you did that? And second: Your car had factory eq? Mine only has tone control, meaning just bass, treble, and mids. Unless you consider that eq, then they're the same :). But you could just put them in the middle, and in theory they'd be disabled. Curious what you did. Thx.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You use forescan, it’s a computer program, without it you cannot remove the factory eq

Do this before you contemplate speaker swaps etc. I hated mine then I loved it

One code is changed that’s it. Boom

You’ll have a flat response and no bass roll off

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Have you trying switching to stereo, as the default is surround.
No, I haven't. Good suggestion. But would the dash speaker get cut off or not? If selecting stereo gets rid of the center speaker, it'd be easier than cutting the green wire and installing a toggle switch, since eliminating the center speaker basically reverts back to stereo, no? :)

without it you cannot remove the factory eq
But my question was: What's the difference between setting the 3 EQ settings to the middle, vs removing it?
And finally, I know what FORScan is (made several changes already), but what exactly did you change? I haven't seen any changes on the radio, hence my question. Please post the module, codes, and which fields you change, and with what. But I honestly don't think I'd like not being able to increase at least treble a little. Thank you.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I need to know more about the B&O in the S550. I know it has 12 speakers and sounds crappy to me. How many amps does It have and how many channels each? How much power are they and where are the amps located at? Can the amps be switched out for better ones using a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 processor?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ok, I need to know more about the B&O in the S550. I know it has 12 speakers and sounds crappy to me. How many amps does It have and how many channels each? How much power are they and where are the amps located at? Can the amps be switched out for better ones using a Rockford Fosgate DSR1 processor?
Do not know if you have seen this put you certainly improve you’re B&O system without replacing anything. Unless, of course, you want to make changes.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-i-improved-the-b-o-sound-quality-for-free.141052/

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
I had the Shaker 500, the Shaker 1000, the standard Shaker now the B&O in my 350.

I had the standard Shaker in the 2016 GT, and the sound was... well shit.
My older 2016 had the Shaker 1000 and sound was good, not great but good.

The B&O in the 350 however is great. Its no custom install, but it hits... all the notes.
You can hear the stereo system over the 350 exhaust? I have the same setup - sounds OK. Don't care - blipping the throttle sounds much better!

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
No, I haven't. Good suggestion. But would the dash speaker get cut off or not? If selecting stereo gets rid of the center speaker, it'd be easier than cutting the green wire and installing a toggle switch, since eliminating the center speaker basically reverts back to stereo, no? :)

But my question was: What's the difference between setting the 3 EQ settings to the middle, vs removing it?
And finally, I know what FORScan is (made several changes already), but what exactly did you change? I haven't seen any changes on the radio, hence my question. Please post the module, codes, and which fields you change, and with what. But I honestly don't think I'd like not being able to increase at least treble a little. Thank you.
There is a lot more to an audio equalizer than just adjusting gains from bass, mid, and treble. No matter how you adjust those the actual stock equalizer remains the same. When you change it in Forescan you are still able to adjust gains from the screen after. Equalizer adjust each frequency in a different range. There is more frequency’s than just bass, mid, and treble. So setting those to the middle doesn’t turn off the equalizer at all.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
You can hear the stereo system over the 350 exhaust? I have the same setup - sounds OK. Don't care - blipping the throttle sounds much better!
It does sound great, but once in awhile I like to jam out with my exhaust out.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I think I found out that the one amp it has is a 9 channel 1000 watts? And is located behind the woofer enclosure.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So just wondering - why does everyone disable the factory EQ via Forscan?

What is the resulting sound - just flat across all levels?

—-

I’d like to see Ford integrate a real embedded EQ into SYNC - like old school adjustable levels. That would be the best so that the user could actually “tune” their tunes.

I had a prior 1992 GT, fully optioned out and it came with a nice factory fully adjustable EQ (nice for the time period). Ford needs to bring back that option to the current day Mustang.
Sponsored