OP

bubbasneed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bubba
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Is this a stock driveshaft or aftermarket driveshaft connecting to the replacement diff? Im interested because i just bought used 3:15 diff but its the same exact year gt car as mine and i have a dynotech aluminum shaft which doesn’t vibrate at any speed. Going to replace my original 3:55’s with them.
Mine is a factory DS. There is a difference between pinion flanges on auto and manuals so as long as you matched them up you should be good.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018 manual flange is smaller inner diameter than the, 2015-2017. I found this out the hard way last year. 15-17 driveshaft will not fit in.

I have had a driveline vibration every since installing a 3.73 torsen. I was looking at just rotating the driveshaft 180 deg but the hose clamp method is intriguing. Seems like something not robust to 100+ mph though.
A while ago i had a vibration when i added my aluminum drive shaft. I had it switched 180 degrees and it improved but it was Not perfect so decided to try this: it uses a mercury filled inner loop to soak up all vibrations.

http://store.balancemasters.com/osC...th=28&osCsid=929ef25e60c09cc3921f6bff12695302

Balance Masters® work on the basic and natural principles of physics. Vibrational Resonance is the up and down vibration pattern created by a rotating driveshaft that is out of balance. This resonating vibration forces the free moving fluid inside the rubber bladder (ring) to exactly offset any light and heavy spots. This creates equilibrium within the rotating mass. Once properly positioned, centrifugal force holds the fluid in that position unless and until a different vibrational resonance pattern develops. This new development may occur from bearing wear or stones, mud or ice attaching to and attacking the driveshaft which will instantly force the fluid to new equilibrium positions.

In short, Balance Masters® precisely, continually, dynamically and instantly self adjusts to driveshaft imbalances. Nature MUST have equilibrium and natural forces are what makes Balance Masters® counter-balancing systems perform for you.

The components of Balance Masters® Driveshaft Balancers are the Rubber Bladder (ring), Fluid (quicksilver) and Mounting Clamp System. All are integral parts of what makes Balance Masters® patented technology perform at the optimum level. All components work in cooperation and are precisely engineered for natures physics to function properly.

before it got delivered i came a across a thread from Kelly @ BMR and he said put 1/4 inch spacers between the crossmember and the frame, and i did this and it cleared up the the remaining vibes. I still have this part i never used it. Its fits a 3.5 diameter shaft, it cost me $100. If you wanna try this i will sell it for $50.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My interest is piqued. Not sure if the stock DS is 3.5" or something smaller though. I may try the 1/4" spacers though, interesting.
Yeah you’ll find the spacers at your local hardware store. I Got the half circle ones so I didn’t have to pull the entire crossmember. Just loosen it enough to slide them in.. torque the crossmember bolts to 85 ftlbs.

OP
OP

bubbasneed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bubba
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
@JohnVallo Hey I was hoping you could help me out. I sold my 2016 carrier and bought one from a manual 2018. Since my car is an automatic I ordered a new pinion flange, but when it came it seems to be the same exact size as the one currently on the carrier. I measured 110mm on both Flanges and when I set it on top I can see the bolt holes lineup.

So I am trying to figure out if Ford sent the wrong part, the box has a part number of HR3Z-4851-B but the flange says HR3W-4851-CA. The Mustang this 2018 carrier is from is supposed to be a manual according to the VIN and pictures. Maybe the 2018 and up Mustangs use the same pinion flange for auto, and manuals?

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
@JohnVallo Hey I was hoping you could help me out. I sold my 2016 carrier and bought one from a manual 2018. Since my car is an automatic I ordered a new pinion flange, but when it came it seems to be the same exact size as the one currently on the carrier. I measured 110mm on both Flanges and when I set it on top I can see the bolt holes lineup.

So I am trying to figure out if Ford sent the wrong part, the box has a part number of HR3Z-4851-B but the flange says HR3W-4851-CA. The Mustang this 2018 carrier is from is supposed to be a manual according to the VIN and pictures. Maybe the 2018 and up Mustangs use the same pinion flange for auto, and manuals?

Maybe the 2018 and up Mustangs use the same pinion flange for auto, and manuals?
Yes,
The new 2018 Pinion flange is used on all trans. 2018-up. It is the 110mm previous Automatic spec.
2015-2017 Manuals used the 113mm.
Also, the GT350's have always used this same 110mm flange.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the 2018 and up Mustangs use the same pinion flange for auto, and manuals?
Yes,
The new 2018 Pinion flange is used on all trans. 2018-up. It is the 110mm previous Automatic spec.
You just saved me some trouble my friend. Thank you very much

OP
OP

bubbasneed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bubba
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Yes,
Thank you sir.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have one of those flanges, FYI. My diff is a GT350 diff that I swapped a 15-17 manual flange onto.
Doesn't look like I need to swap flanges after all. I bought a 2018 3.73 pumpkin out of a manual. Seems the flanges are identical so no need to swap or buy anything :)
Sponsored