Sponsored

Need suggestions for a new Mustang

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
PP2 and if it’s not fast enough have Ford install a Roush supercharger and have a 3yr 36k Powertrain warranty and 700+ HP.

PP2 with the Magneride is a super capable car and will leave you some wiggle room for additional $ if you want to add more power. The Shelby is AWESOME but you can build a hell of a GT for the same money.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Decisions decisions and sounds like your previous rides are very nice and like you just a few years ago I came to the Mustang side. And I presently own the Hellcats and have owned them for years as well as other nice performance cars. The GT Mustang actually created my initial interest back in 2018 with the new 10speed auto. To the point I went to the dealer to purchase a 2018 GT PP1 10speed auto with Magneride. And of course the day I go their there is a freshly used GT350 sitting in the show room. All the sales people are saying oh you have to buy that one over the GT and sure enough I buy her to only trade her back in 6 months later for a 2019 GT PP1 Magneride. The GT350 is a TRACK CAR the VODOO Motor is a RACE MOTOR. She has to be driving like you are racing her to get the power out the motor. She’s a high reving motor that needs 4500 plus rpms to come to life. No hate here just the facts and yes she’s bad ass car. I now own three Mustangs: Bullitt, GT500 and the GT. The Bang for your buck the GT PP1 with Magneride is the best way to go IMO. And I prefer the 10 speed auto over my manual Bullitt. Ford did a lousy job on the gearing with the manual and she is slow. With the list of cars you have driven not sure the GT will have the power you want unless you SUPERCHARGE her and the Coyote Motor is bullet proof to the 700-800 HP range. That’s the only thing missing on mine is the extra power that my other cars have. Once your exposed to the 700 plus HP range anything less will have you wishing for more. And here’s some of my cars
7A323D3F-EBC6-4EF4-B158-6984950F02DF.jpeg
02020317-4292-41CF-988F-C3F63735A2C7.jpeg
F1993573-5F74-4F3A-8249-0609340E407D.jpeg
91DD93CD-9138-4A2D-BB87-D60C9A6A66F8.jpeg
EE94A1EF-D66F-4123-8390-532676E15B61.jpeg
Just curious.. what the hell did/do you do for a living?!

NICE rides!!’

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Or you can find a practically new but classified as used gt350 like I did and supercharge it. Mine had 9k miles and still had a new car smell when I bought it in October of 2019. Then two months ago, I was able to put a P1X Procharger at 9 PSI on her. Basically made it the best car I could possible want with the added power. For $48k, I bought a gt350 versus a gt PP2 because those go for around 48k I believe new. I’ve owned several mustangs before this, but there’s something special about It being a Shelby.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
"Ford did a lousy job on the gearing with the manual and she is slow."

That might be true for a PP1, PP2 gear is 3:70 ........ 6sp * Hole lot more gong on at the GT PP2 level. Dare I say it's a 350 without the voodoo & drive train coolers.
The pp1 also has the 3.73* gearing. It's not exclusive to the pp2.

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm coming from mostly German, e39 M5 and audi RS avant.
I actually bought my GT PP new back in 2016 because it was right around the time when the e39 M5 market was spiking. As you can see in my sig, I ended up with both anyways.

If you want a car you can tweak and mod to fit your exact tastes, look toward a GT. You can make 500 at the wheels with bolt ons and E85 with the new gen 3 coyote. Plenty of suspension options out there to take handling to the next level. Ford basically copied the E9X platform when developing the S550.

If you want a basic turn key and go weekend track car, look toward the GT350 then. I think that car is more in the spirit of what BMW used to be in its heyday compared to what they're selling now. High revving NA engine, manual, great handling with great road manners, sounds a lot like a true ///M car.

One thing to note, don't go into these cars, including the Shelby cars, expecting anything close to BMW build quality. You'll be severely disappointed.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The pp1 also has the 3.73* gearing. It's not exclusive to the pp2.
Even taller than I thought ..................thanks :beer:

As a side note. Could not give me a foreign car.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Even taller than I thought ..................thanks :beer:

As a side note. Could not give me a foreign car.
It's actually the other way around. "Taller" gearing is smaller numerically while "shorter" gearing is the larger. So the 3.73 would be the shorter gearing than the stock gear ratio, and 4.10 would be even shorter.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just curious.. what the hell did/do you do for a living?!

NICE rides!!’

Just looking for your opinion. I just ordered a 2020 gt. I dont plan on taking it to the track but I was quite intrigued by magnaride until I realized that I couldn't have that without the pp1 on my auto transmission gt. I love the auto transmission and I have spec'd my gt with a 3.55 rear axle. The major reason for not getting pp1 was the fact that I want to daily drive my car and in snow it is hard to find snow tires that can clear those brembos. For a daily driver and occasional spirited driving, am I making a mistake by not going with pp1 and magnaride??

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Just looking for your opinion. I just ordered a 2020 gt. I dont plan on taking it to the track but I was quite intrigued by magnaride until I realized that I couldn't have that without the pp1 on my auto transmission gt. I love the auto transmission and I have spec'd my gt with a 3.55 rear axle. The major reason for not getting pp1 was the fact that I want to daily drive my car and in snow it is hard to find snow tires that can clear those brembos. For a daily driver and occasional spirited driving, am I making a mistake by not going with pp1 and magnaride??
I daily my pp1 and didn't have any trouble getting snow tires. I just ordered a set of rims and tires on tire rack following their guide and all was well. Even with 275 wide rears the car handled just fine. I don't have magneride, though, so I can't comment.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
If you will truly never track it, you’ve picked a sweet ride! And changing your mind to track at a letter date is ok too...aftermarket upgrades can be as good or better that what comes in a PP. For instance, I replaced my sway bars that came in the PP (in addition to all the other goodies I’ve added).

Enjoy your new car!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The short answer is no. Both the PP1 and Magneride bring a lot to the table. But you need to look at each part and decide whether or not they mean anything to you. I have a GT/CS. Mainly a cosmetics package but I love it. I do have the PP1 splitter and strut bracket but I doubt either improve performance. :) The PP1/MR will be a better driving/handling car, for sure but the effect will be minimal for day to day driving. You will definitely feel the difference during spirited drives. So if you have the cash and you like them, go for it. There is absolutely no issue getting snow tires for the PP1.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you will truly never track it, you’ve picked a sweet ride! And changing your mind to track at a letter date is ok too...aftermarket upgrades can be as good or better that what comes in a PP. For instance, I replaced my sway bars that came in the PP (in addition to all the other goodies I’ve added).

Enjoy your new car!
Thank you sir. I am very excited to say the least to drive my car and extremely grateful to be a part of the club.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
If you test drive a GT350, you will by nothing else...it is vehicular crack... it should be illegal...!!!!!
I’m having withdrawals, I need a fix. I have to stop reading this and take my car for a spin and listen to exhaust sing!
Sponsored