Side Markers cracking? ... again

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey, has anyone experienced cracks in their Diode Side Markers? I ordered a pair end of 2018 within a year both sides had cracks in the internals of the lenses. Contacted Diode and got a replacement Nov 2019, now i've noticed the replacement one side has a straight clean crack through it. Im not sure if it's due to the winter here in New Zealand, seems to happen in Winter the year before.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or had better experience with a different set of markers? Getting a bit frustrating
IMG_2562.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
josephstef

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I removed it to put the stock reflector in till I decide what to do, notice where the crack has formed it lines up perfectly with a moulding mark on the opposite side, where the plastic seems a bit thicker/ has a kink in it. Anyone out there with similar cracking?
IMG_2568.JPG

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I had a pair of these a few years back on my GT350. No cracks, but they stopped working within a few months. I want a set of DD sequential turn signals but I'm scared of doing all that work to swap them out just to find they too will fail.
Sponsored