Sponsored

Line-Lock + 6R80 + Paddle to 2nd during burnout?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
With 25.79" tires, I will need a little more wheel spin for my burnouts than 1st gear will allow efficiently/effectively. During the burnout, will the ECU/6R80 allow a paddle shift to 2nd gear during this?
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
With 25.79" tires, I will need a little more wheel spin for my burnouts than 1st gear will allow efficiently/effectively. During the burnout, will the ECU/6R80 allow a paddle shift to 2nd gear during this?
I don't use line lock. I just leave it in drive and hit the gas. I let it shift to 2nd on it's own and then I just hold the rpms where i want. You shouldn't need to sit there more than a couple seconds and then roll out of the burnout.

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I don't use line lock. I just leave it in drive and hit the gas. I let it shift to 2nd on it's own and then I just hold the rpms where i want. You shouldn't need to sit there more than a couple seconds and then roll out of the burnout.
NT555Rs usually do best with a good hot 6-7 second burnout. 2 seconds is not enough.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
NT555Rs usually do best with a good hot 6-7 second burnout. 2 seconds is not enough.
I just meant a few seconds of sitting still. You can roll the burnout forward for another few seconds. More to the point, tires heat up much quicker in 2nd or even 3rd gear. I sometimes end up in 3rd and the smoke starts rolling real quick in 2nd and especially 3rd. I've learned to gauge it by how much smoke I see. I raced a full season on the 555Rs and yes, they do need more heat but not much more. A 2nd or 3rd gear burnout will take care of it quick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well, if it’s going to up shift on its own from S1, then I’ll just let it eat and do it’s thing. Thanks.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
The 10r80 does allow paddling up to 2nd not sure about 6r80 but hopefully it can. I think its easier to control wheel speed when you paddle it and hold the rpms steady where you want in the gear you want. Without paddle mode it may just keep upshifting depending on throttle position but I havent tried.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This is a burnout using line lock. With a set of 325 M/T ET street R’s. Don’t over think it. Just use the line lock. And go to town.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is a burnout using line lock. With a set of 325 M/T ET street R’s. Don’t over think it. Just use the line lock. And go to town.
How do you roll the burnout with line lock? Probably a stupid question heh.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How do you roll the burnout with line lock? Probably a stupid question heh.
Just hit the cancel button while your still on the throttle. And roll out of your burnout.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
My burnouts with the built-in line lock are 50/50. Sometimes it works beautifully and other times the burnout would start off fine but then something (ECU or TC) pulls the rpms down and doesn't allow me to throttle back up and I end up having to restart the whole line lock process. On paper, the built-in line lock is all great and cool, but in my experience with it, I don't like how it was implemented and my luck with it became a pain in the ass and a liability in getting my tires hot enough or messing up my runs.

My last time out, I didn't use the line lock at all and it 100% works perfectly every time and less stuff to do or have just right. Just move shifter to S, hold left foot on brake, and hit the throttle. Then just paddle up to 3rd and roll out of the burnout whenever you are ready. By keeping the shifter in S, you can paddle up and stay in whatever gear you choose for as long as you want. No timers or buttons. And you only need to hold the brake just enough for the car not to move, no need to stomp down on it.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After my first trip with the Whipple set up I played around with a few methods. I tried just to brake stand it in D but it kept up shifting to high gears and bogging down. So i started clicking the shifter back to sport and then starting the burn out in 1st and then clicking up to second. Then rolled out of the burn out box after that my ET Street Rs hooked like glue.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
After my first trip with the Whipple set up I played around with a few methods. I tried just to brake stand it in D but it kept up shifting to high gears and bogging down. So i started clicking the shifter back to sport and then starting the burn out in 1st and then clicking up to second. Then rolled out of the burn out box after that my ET Street Rs hooked like glue.
What is your et with your setup?Do you like your Lund Tune?
Sponsored