Demon Eye Install (Diode Dynamics)

OGSeeno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yaseen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium. 2005 Acura TL 6-Speed
Installed Diode Dynamics no bake demon eye LED plug and play system! So far, I love it!

Pros: Offer a dramatic change in looks during the day and during sunset and sunrise.
Cons: I just wish they were a tad bit brighter but I understand it could be due to DOT legality reasons.

My goal is to either get my headlights custom made and get a DRL strip like the Morimoto LED XB style. However, I don't want to shell out $850+. What do you guys think of this current setup?
IMG-1400.JPG
IMG-1458.JPG
IMG-1678.JPG
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Looks good!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Looks good op. What would you rate the install difficulty from 1-10(10 being hardest)?

These headlights are soooo freaking expensive these days, it makes me not want to modify them for fear of messing the current pair up beyond repair.

OP
OP
OGSeeno

OGSeeno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yaseen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium. 2005 Acura TL 6-Speed
Looks good op. What would you rate the install difficulty from 1-10(10 being hardest)?

These headlights are soooo freaking expensive these days, it makes me not want to modify them for fear of messing the current pair up beyond repair.
Honestly, wasnt too bad. I def recommend jacking up the car and taking the front wheels off to help take off the two screws holding the bumper in.
Putting the actual demon eye in was scary as it felt like i kept scratching it. It is a little tough to get it to snap on but overall, id say its a 5.5. Just have all the tools ready and laid out, know where all the bolts and screws go back in, and have a clip removal tool for sure. I also have the PP so i had that skid plate to remove which didnt make it harder, just annoying haha. I recommend it as a whole.

I tend to watch videos of installation like 50 times before attempting, CJ Pony video did help, but also look at the instructions to get the exact wiring.
On the driver side headlight, you only need to splice into two wires rather than three, so be cautious of that.
If you need any help with the wiring and routing everything, let me know as they don't really go through wire management.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

rhalljr68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Looking good! If anyone needs help with the install, check out our step by step video :rockon:
I followed that but it was kinda vague when it got to the writing portion. Also, what's a way to wire these without the need to turn your lights on; direct to battery, etc?

rhalljr68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Honestly, wasnt too bad. I def recommend jacking up the car and taking the front wheels off to help take off the two screws holding the bumper in.
Putting the actual demon eye in was scary as it felt like i kept scratching it. It is a little tough to get it to snap on but overall, id say its a 5.5. Just have all the tools ready and laid out, know where all the bolts and screws go back in, and have a clip removal tool for sure. I also have the PP so i had that skid plate to remove which didnt make it harder, just annoying haha. I recommend it as a whole.

I tend to watch videos of installation like 50 times before attempting, CJ Pony video did help, but also look at the instructions to get the exact wiring.
On the driver side headlight, you only need to splice into two wires rather than three, so be cautious of that.
If you need any help with the wiring and routing everything, let me know as they don't really go through wire management.
How can we wire these to the fuse box or battery to use without needing to turn the lights on?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Hey man I need some help with the wiring please. How could I get in better contact with you?
Sponsored