Sponsored

10R80 Owners - ULTIMATE M6G 10R80 Facts + Resolutions to harsh or no shift conditions

saiyangt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Make sure they updated the PCM to the latest update. I had all of the issues you have (except the sudden downshift) and the PCM update fixed them all. It's been 3 months so far so good (knock on wood). To my knowledge they didn't even do the adaptive re-learning procedure.
Is your car a 2018 or 2019? I was lead to believe that the PCM update only applies to 2018 cars and that 2019 cars left the factory with what is now the most up to date PCM. Thanks for replying!
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Is your car a 2018 or 2019? I was lead to believe that the PCM update only applies to 2018 cars and that 2019 cars left the factory with what is now the most up to date PCM. Thanks for replying!
2018. Yea, that makes sense. Weird.

filipradenovic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Filip
Vehicle(s)
'18 EB Convertible
2018. Yea, that makes sense. Weird.
Mine is 2018. I dont know if there was a PCM update performed on my car. Is there a source that I can send to my service advisor about this PCM update? Otherwise he doesnt listen to me. Thanks.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Mine is 2018. I dont know if there was a PCM update performed on my car. Is there a source that I can send to my service advisor about this PCM update? Otherwise he doesnt listen to me. Thanks.
Well, my PCM was updated for an unrelated reason (active exhaust problem) I just got lucky and it happened to fix the transmission issues.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I agree. I wish they would tell us what the updates are instead of just updating or having us come in to do the updates.

I emailed Roush and Gavin got back to me and said there were updates for my car. All free of charge. Roush pays Ford and it doesn't cost me anything but time. I asked him about what the updates were, but he couldn't/wouldn't tell me.
We'll see if I bring it in. I haven't been to a dealership for service in over 9 years. Not sure I feel like leaving my car with them. Plus, my car runs great as is. We'll see.

Sponsored

filipradenovic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Filip
Vehicle(s)
'18 EB Convertible
I agree. I wish they would tell us what the updates are instead of just updating or having us come in to do the updates.

I emailed Roush and Gavin got back to me and said there were updates for my car. All free of charge. Roush pays Ford and it doesn't cost me anything but time. I asked him about what the updates were, but he couldn't/wouldn't tell me.
We'll see if I bring it in. I haven't been to a dealership for service in over 9 years. Not sure I feel like leaving my car with them. Plus, my car runs great as is. We'll see.
Do you have some Roush modes or what is the reason you emailed them?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Do you have some Roush modes or what is the reason you emailed them?
In the Roush thread, the guys were talking about updates.
I was like,........updates?!?!? What updates?!?!? LMFAO

I had a '13 Roush Stage 3 and never had to do an update on the car. :crazy:

saiyangt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My update has been resolved!
Turns out my old dealer was shafting my and were unbelivably cheap/lazy.
I took it to a different dealer who found that there WAS a TCM update for my car (My car is a 2019, which I didn't even know had an available update) and also went ahead and did a drive-cycle reset (which my other dealer wanted to charge me $150 for).

All the issues I've mentioned are gone.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My update has been resolved!
Turns out my old dealer was shafting my and were unbelivably cheap/lazy.
I took it to a different dealer who found that there WAS a TCM update for my car (My car is a 2019, which I didn't even know had an available update) and also went ahead and did a drive-cycle reset (which my other dealer wanted to charge me $150 for).

All the issues I've mentioned are gone.
Hi I see you said there was an update for the 2019 I too was told I had the most up to date one. My car was a January 2019 build date. My car has to go back in soon so I told them when it comes back I want my trans relearning reset. I'm going to request the fluid level be verified for good measure. is there any info on the update that I could reference to them by chance? Another Canuck here too BTW :)

Last edited:

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
FYI: ive asked on 2 different occasions to check that i had all software updates.. and both times i was told i was up to date on all software.

2019 mustang gt, built in may 2019

Sponsored

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 2019 wrangler jl
I have a 2018 gt car, been in 2 different dealers a total of 3 times. 2 from me since I purchased in may. Having the harsh 3-1 and 2-1 but only when fluid temp is over 180*. First dealer in my city kept the car a week claiming it was the 315/35 causing the issue. Second dealer has had the car 2 months. First they tried to do a relearn, and made the issue worse they claim. Then ford had them inspect the valve body and then replace It. Supposedly hasn’t fixed the issue. Now the trans Is suppose to be out of the car, and they don’t have the correct tool for removing one of the clutches. Currently claim to be waiting on it, to finish the tear down. Getting very frustrated with ford. I left fords over 10 years ago for the LS platform cars. Sold my built 6.0 Silverado to get back into another mustang and I’ve been borrowing cars to get to work.

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
That sucks @RedYote18 .. i traded my 2017 Camaro 2SS because of the A8 shudder for a 2019 Mustang with A10. I really wish I hadn't.. Other than the shudder, the A8 (whole car for that matter) was amazing. It seemed to always be in the right gear, and was silky smooth. IMO, the A10 is crap, its jerky, and whiny, shifts at weird times, etc. I miss my Camaro :(

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Agree with everyone having trouble with the A10. I have 36,000 miles on my 2018 GT and I just plain hate driving it now. The transmission in normal (D) drives like crap. With the shifter in D, gear change from 3-5 it seems as if the converter cant make up its mind to lock so it feels like its slipping. The feeling is so sloppy and does not feel like a healthy transmission. If driven in S, S+ or manual paddle shifting mode, 2-3 is such a odd shift it seems like a rubber band affect when the car shifts. 4-5 shift is so harsh it seems as if the transmission will break and fall out the car! Downshift into 5 and 3 is so bad that just the other day the rear wheels locked for for a split second on 4-3 shift. It was scary.

Ford claims it all to be "normal" GTFO with that BS. Just admit that Ford does not want to fix the issue. At least I will stop wasting my time at different dealers jerking me around.

First and last Ford for me.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone have an idea if the tendency towards rough shifts in the A10 is a mechanical design issue, or a software/firmware issue?

GM also uses the A10, and I don't see as many complaints from those owners. But I know GM does its own programming for the transmission.
Sponsored