Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sure hope the transmission tuning is improved because I think it’s not very good right now and I’m on the latest calibration as of May 2020.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Sure hope the transmission tuning is improved because I think it’s not very good right now and I’m on the latest calibration as of May 2020.
Yeah, I would really like to know specifically what changes they are making. Gavin just used the term "improved shift strategy" when I asked about it weeks ago. That could mean any number of things or not much of anything. Lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Normal mode is the only mode I don’t have issues with. If I’m running backroads sport and track work great as they should. But they’re unusuable for daily driving. It was the same way on phase 1 tune I had installed last July. Nothing has changed from phase 1 to phase 2 iin that regards.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Normal mode is the only mode I don’t have issues with. If I’m running backroads sport and track work great as they should. But they’re unusuable for daily driving. It was the same way on phase 1 tune I had installed last July. Nothing has changed from phase 1 to phase 2 iin that regards.
Well that's a tad disheartening.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yep I stay in normal now too, drag only at the track

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well that's a tad disheartening.
It was but I’ve gotten over it. Normal mode works flawlessly for me. Sport and track both shift super rough in the lower gears just casually driving around and gets confused. I took it out this week and ran it hard on some twisty Roads in sport and track and it worked great. I only ran it when it was stock in other modes because it didn’t have enough torque or aggression in normal when it was stock. That isn’t a problem with these Roush scs. Lots of torque. So no biggie.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yep I stay in normal now too, drag only at the track
I am not sure drag is now any better than normal. It certainly was when stock but the Roush cal I currently have has neutered it. I could easily use it as a daily except it also turns my exhaust to "track" and that gets too much attention unless I am alone on country roads.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Coming back from the gym iats were about 120 because its 114 out... wonder what that would translate to in Roushese :)

Somewhat temperature related, there was some killer chiller talk a while back. Are any of the p2 guys on here running one full time either due to climate or extreme track use? @Stymee I know you said you would if in the desert just wondering if anyone was in actuality.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Coming back from the gym iats were about 120 because its 114 out... wonder what that would translate to in Roushese :)

Somewhat temperature related, there was some killer chiller talk a while back. Are any of the p2 guys on here running one full time either due to climate or extreme track use? @Stymee I know you said you would if in the desert just wondering if anyone was in actuality.

Delivery Man is in Orlando, He has one and LOVES it, sez the car is the same in HP in 100 degrees or 60 degrees

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Delivery Man is in Orlando, He has one and LOVES it, sez the car is the same in HP in 100 degrees or 60 degrees
Wow that's quite the testament.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
So, I emailed Roush last week about any updates for my car along with my VIN.
Gavin got back to me and told me there were updates for my car and said that they would be free of charge from both Roush and the dealership. Roush pays the dealership to do them.
He wouldn't/couldn't tell me what the updates were unfortunately. I asked him a couple of times. I'm not so sure that I want to mess with the car anyways. It runs, so good right now. Plus, I HATE, HATE, HATE bringing my car to the dealership. Haven't done that in like 10 years now. We'll see.
Good information. What number is your RS3? Mine is 79/351. I have the Stage II upgrade and just need to make appointment. Like you, very wary when bringing car to dealer. On another note, found the noise in 5th gear was vibration or NVH. Went over everything under the car and pulled the oil. No issues that I can tell. Does shift fine so will adopt wait and see.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Good information. What number is your RS3? Mine is 79/351. I have the Stage II upgrade and just need to make appointment. Like you, very wary when bringing car to dealer. On another note, found the noise in 5th gear was vibration or NVH. Went over everything under the car and pulled the oil. No issues that I can tell. Does shift fine so will adopt wait and see.
I have a 19 RS3 #94 and it needed a calibration update from the one the car came with. It was done in May 2020. There is going to be another updated calibration coming out in 1-2 months according to Roush. The calibration is more for the transmission tuning so it may not be as important since you have a manual.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 19 RS3 #94 and it needed a calibration update from the one the car came with. It was done in May 2020. There is going to be another updated calibration coming out in 1-2 months according to Roush. The calibration is more for the transmission tuning so it may not be as important since you have a manual.
That new Cal is supposed to be out quicker then August but it wouldn’t surprise me if it got delayed, Gavin said we could see it hopefully by July sometime....