Sponsored

Automatic COTUS Checker

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Hello why not receive a message of cotus checker my order of mustang .my car is build and not delivery in my dealer and i dont have a day for my delivery thank you
The cotus website has been shut down. They have a new tracking website. Cotus was just a beta while they built and tested the other site.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
The cotus website has been shut down. They have a new tracking website. Cotus was just a beta while they built and tested the other site.
DO not trust the new website. Is can be painfully inaccurate. I waited a long time on my new GTPPL2 and finally gave up. Neither dealer or Ford could tell me why such long delays and what status was. Just said _uck it and went while hog and got a GT350 instead. The GTPPL2 was finally built, more than 3 months! Later found out it sat for nearly a month in Michigan waiting for transit. Holy shi_! How does our beloved company stay in business...embarassing. Memo to Ford: HIRE AMAZON FOR YOUR SHIPPING!

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
DO not trust the new website. Is can be painfully inaccurate. I waited a long time on my new GTPPL2 and finally gave up. Neither dealer or Ford could tell me why such long delays and what status was. Just said _uck it and went while hog and got a GT350 instead. The GTPPL2 was finally built, more than 3 months! Later found out it sat for nearly a month in Michigan waiting for transit. Holy shi_! How does our beloved company stay in business...embarassing. Memo to Ford: HIRE AMAZON FOR YOUR SHIPPING!
3 months? Man you are lucky.... :)

I'm from Spain. Ordered on 4th of may. First estimated delivery: 30th of November. Delayed to 22nd of December. Delayed again to 5th of January. Delayed again to 12th of January.

I realized that 9 months of waiting time for a car (with no actual certainty) is a bit too much, and today I gave up and decided to cancel my order. Probably I will go for an import GT350.

The worst thing is that from the end of September until last week the dealer (an official Ford one) didn't actually know nothing abouy the status of the car: built? Not built? Shipped? Not shipped?

I had to hunt for all the infos by myself even during the ordering process where the dealer didn't even know what Magneride was or that in Europe Recaros must be selected with an other specific packet otherwise the order won't be processed.

Actually quite depressing.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Most are delivered in 3 months on avg. Dealers like to tell you it will take about 8 weeks, but some will tell you 12-14. Just depends on how good your dealer is. No Mustang will be built special order and delivered in 8 weeks since the build scheduling itself is almost 8 weeks out. GT350's are nice though for the track. I hope you enjoy it a lot!

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Most are delivered in 3 months on avg. Dealers like to tell you it will take about 8 weeks, but some will tell you 12-14. Just depends on how good your dealer is. No Mustang will be built special order and delivered in 8 weeks since the build scheduling itself is almost 8 weeks out. GT350's are nice though for the track. I hope you enjoy it a lot!
This is absolutely correct. Last spring, during my employee orientation at Ford, Joe Hinrichs (President of the Americas for Ford Motor Company) did state that the average time for custom orders takes 12-14 weeks. Note that this is somethig that is being diligently worked on to be improved.

Sponsored

AGM2018

I ordered a 2019 Base Trim GT (no MR) on August 15th of this year (2018). According to Ford's Vehicle Tracking website, it will be delivered this Thursday (December 27th, 2018). 4 months and 12 days or 19 weeks and 1 day total time. The dealer provided me with a VIN 2 months and 3 days, or 9 weeks and 1 day after the car had been ordered. When I ordered the car, I had three months before I had to relocate for work; since my new work location is almost 600 miles from my previous work location/dealership, I seriously doubt I return to the dealership to purchase the car.

I understand a custom ordered car takes time; however, three months (in my opinion) should have been sufficient time to complete the build of the car. I will wait until mid-to-the-end of February and reorder the car in hopes of having it delivered by the beginning of warm weather (June). It is frustrating to have to begin the waiting process all over again; I am hoping this time around the process will only be three months as opposed to nearly four and a half.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
It was pretty accurate for me. I got detailed updates from my dealer and ford chat. I tracked the train car past every crossing and rail yard through my dealer. It took exactly 4 months for my car to be built and delivered. 2 weeks from blend date to delivery for my PP2. This was also in Oct when many PP2s were pulled back to the factory.

AGM2018

The website now reads "4 days until delivery"...it read "3 days until delivery" yesterday. I will be surprised if the car is delivered to the dealership before next Wednesday (January 2nd, 2019), due to the holiday weekend. In any event, as I said in my previous post, I seriously doubt I will make the 600 mile trip to purchase it: 2019 Base Trim GT, Velocity Blue, 10 Speed Automatic, 301A Package, Enhanced Security Package, spoiler delete and 3.55 gears.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I ordered a 2019 Base Trim GT (no MR) on August 15th of this year (2018). According to Ford's Vehicle Tracking website, it will be delivered this Thursday (December 27th, 2018). 4 months and 12 days or 19 weeks and 1 day total time. The dealer provided me with a VIN 2 months and 3 days, or 9 weeks and 1 day after the car had been ordered. When I ordered the car, I had three months before I had to relocate for work; since my new work location is almost 600 miles from my previous work location/dealership, I seriously doubt I return to the dealership to purchase the car.

I understand a custom ordered car takes time; however, three months (in my opinion) should have been sufficient time to complete the build of the car. I will wait until mid-to-the-end of February and reorder the car in hopes of having it delivered by the beginning of warm weather (June). It is frustrating to have to begin the waiting process all over again; I am hoping this time around the process will only be three months as opposed to nearly four and a half.
????? You don't want to wait for months but the car you ordered is 600 miles away - go and fetch it and run it in on the way home ! Just as well you didn't order a Ferrari 488, 14 months wait and the price had gone up ÂŁ10k for a friend of mine.

AGM2018

????? You don't want to wait for months but the car you ordered is 600 miles away - go and fetch it and run it in on the way home ! Just as well you didn't order a Ferrari 488, 14 months wait and the price had gone up ÂŁ10k for a friend of mine.
Greg,

Thanks for replying to my post. The car I ordered still has not arrived; I don't see the rational of purchasing an airline ticket to "go and fetch it" now...only to have to park it until April for the winter season. The "waiting time" will be the same if I order the car from a local dealer, plus I won't have to purchase a ticket to fly 600 miles and then drive the car back in winter weather. In either of these scenarios, the car won't be driven (much, if at all) until April. And had I the money for a Ferrari, I would purchase another home, vice a car.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

You may want to be careful. If you wait too long you may need to get a 2020 and you probably won't see it until Oct. Just basing the time on how it takes to get one now.

BNSF E9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue GT350 2019 Baltic Sea Green Escape
Would someone share the new web site for tracking a 2020 through COTUS.
I hope to track a new GT350 soon. It's already on order, but that's all I know at this time.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Would someone share the new web site for tracking a 2020 through COTUS.
I hope to track a new GT350 soon. It's already on order, but that's all I know at this time.
COTUS has been dead for going on 2 years now. They should really unpin this thread and let it die a quiet death.

Try https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ You will need the VIN from your dealer once it has been generated.

BNSF E9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue GT350 2019 Baltic Sea Green Escape
Hey 527,
I appreciate that very much. It has been that long since I tracked a Mustang, or even longer, I guess.
I ordered the Kona 14 Jan 2020, and it just arrived at the dealer. I certainly understand the delay, and I'm okay with the wait.
Now I'm ready for a new ride, and I thank you very much, again.
Once I pick up the 350, I will update my profile to reflect as much.
EVERYONE stay safe, stay healthy, and take care......The Pony Cars can't drive themselves.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Anybody have an update on the order tracker for 2021 Mustang orders?
Sponsored