Sponsored

Very Strange Alert on FordPass - Please Check to See if You Received This!!!!

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I think you might be surprised what could be found out from the info in the app. At the very least it has your name, phone number and VIN. Those three things are more than enough for a determined cypher thief to find out plenty about you.
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that deleting the app would remove your information from Fords computers. Of course you're just as likely to be compromised by data breaches at your bank or nationwide retailers.
All this info is also attached to your Ford account. What’s more likely: an encrypted app sending encrypted signals through encrypted servers being hacked, or someone figuring out your email and password to login to Ford?
Here’s what’s most likely in regards to the OP... it’s for another model from Ford and was accidentally sent to the user in question.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
By the way you do know that there are many DMV's that sell personal information.
In my neck of the woods the Provincial government handles public insurance, so hence, they cannot legally divulge such information (it's in the contract you sign). Same goes for Ford Canada, GM Canada, etc., etc., under the privacy act. Naive Canadian when it come to American policies I guess :/

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
In my neck of the woods the Provincial government handles public insurance, so hence, they cannot legally divulge such information (it's in the contract you sign). Same goes for Ford Canada, GM Canada, etc., etc., under the privacy act. Naive Canadian when it come to American policies I guess :/
I think maybe we can learn a few things about security from our Northern friends. We talk a lot down here, but do little to back it up.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't believe they'll hand off sensitive personal information to a 3rd party source pertaining to vehicle info, names, credit to a 3rd party.
What you believe matters very little. What matters is cost to ford.
I doubt seriously that they even created the app. They probably took an idea to a dedicated app developer for the grunt work and also likely let the developers administer the app. That your info is in the hands of a 3rd party only comes into play in the contract between them and Ford. And probably only to the extent that the development people try their best to keep the app safe.
Sponsored