Spare tire spacer

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Have a little problem, the spare tire I ordered from Ford for my GT PP2 will not clear the brembo brakes and they do not list any other spares. Does anyone know what size spacer or type I need to purchase.
Thanks
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Is it because the wheel is too small, or because the offset is too short? If it's the latter, then use some shims or make a spacer out of cardboard until you build up enough to clear. Measure it and order something.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ralph, this topic has been discussed numerous times. Surprised you did check here first before ordering (it’s what we’re here for :)). The spare you bought will not work with the Brembo’s. You can use it on the rear and in the case of a front flat use a rear tire with spacer (I forget which size) and put the spare on the rear. If you can return the spare you can buy one that will work the Brembo’s but it is expensive.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/spare-tire-tale.142102/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/performance-pack-spare-tire.135500/page-6#post-2855436

OP
OP
RalphK

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Bikeman, maybe I didn’t read enough of the threads I looked at but none seemed to mention anything about using a spacer, what type or size. I know I can buy an aftermarket for $500, I’m just trying to make what I bought at ford to work.
Bimmer, it’s the offset that won’t let it clear the brembo brakes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Bikeman, maybe I didn’t read enough of the threads I looked at but none seemed to mention anything about using a spacer, what type or size. I know I can buy an aftermarket for $500, I’m just trying to make what I bought at ford to work.
Bimmer, it’s the offset that won’t let it clear the brembo brakes.
Oh well, stuff happens. Hopefully you never get a flat and if you do it will be on the rear.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
PP2 is square wheel setup AFAIK so all you have to do is just put the spare on the rear and then move the good tire to the front. It's not ideal but it's free.

OP
OP
RalphK

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
PP2 is square wheel setup AFAIK so all you have to do is just put the spare on the rear and then move the good tire to the front. It's not ideal but it's free.
That would be an option, the tires are square (305/30-19) but the wheels are 10.5 front 11 back

AB12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
Ralph I was in the same situation as you, could only get my hands on a 40mm Bloxsport spacer and it just fits those front brembos on the PP with that oem 18" Ford spare, if I had a choice I would have opted for the 50mm (2") spacer just for abit more clearance but in my neck of the woods things like these are like hens teeth.

I did however replace the tire itself as i was not happy with it being so much smaller than the std 19" PP1 wheels our Mustangs come with, got a slightly bigger tire and it still fits the boot area perfectly

OP
OP
RalphK

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Ralph I was in the same situation as you, could only get my hands on a 40mm Bloxsport spacer and it just fits those front brembos on the PP with that oem 18" Ford spare, if I had a choice I would have opted for the 50mm (2") spacer just for abit more clearance but in my neck of the woods things like these are like hens teeth.

I did however replace the tire itself as i was not happy with it being so much smaller than the std 19" PP1 wheels our Mustangs come with, got a slightly bigger tire and it still fits the boot area perfectly
Thanks for the information on the spacer size