Dodge is killing it for 2021 Redeye vs GT500

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
I had a 2010 (Gen 5) so I can judge. Lucky we had the sun roof so we could check the blind spots before lane changes. :shock: BTW, Chebby had to buy it back as it was Lemon-ed!
My 6th gen was no sun roof so extra bunker-y, but I got used to it. BLIS helped. What was wrong with yours?

I had a couple issues with mine, key fob not being recognized even when new batteries were put it, and an occasional power steering failure which thankfully never happened above 15mph, think that was due to a steering rack gear. Funny enough I thought the steering was great in that car...

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I'd love to have a RE Charger in the garage to replace my GT.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
All engine issues they could not remedy, when they wanted to change out the block after top end swaps, I called it. no longer had matching numbers and we had it all custom Inferno (COPO) if you will. Was gunna be a legacy type mode, but spent more time on a flat bed then in my garage. They paid full price. When My wife surprised me with the Shelby order, WHAT CAMARO?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I just wish Chevy would make a 755hp Camaro!
That would be pretty killer. A ZL1 with that 755 option would be really nice.
First time I've seen a brand new ZL1 in person was months ago. It was behind me then passed me going home from work one day. I really liked the way it looked.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
That would be pretty killer. A ZL1 with that 755 option would be really nice.
First time I've seen a brand new ZL1 in person was months ago. It was behind me then passed me going home from work one day. I really liked the way it looked.
Yep. I am a big fan of the ZL1 cars. Haven’t driven one yet though.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I've never seen one in person till that day. I really liked it.
It's not as boxy or squared up as I thought it would be in person. The front is NASTY looking. Love it.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I've never seen one in person till that day. I really liked it.
It's not as boxy or squared up as I thought it would be in person. The front is NASTY looking. Love it.
Definitely. They look a lot better then the SS cars.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They do look rather menacing, especially in 1LE trim. Kinda plasticy grill mesh when you get up close though. As good as the GT500? I don't think so, but it has it's angles that's for sure. It's close.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The Dodge thread in the GT500 section I love it since over in the Dodge forum I have been beaten up by my Ford threads and it’s really all good. Great group of members over in the Hellcatforum.org which I am pretty well known being I am a long term MOPAR guy for many years. And even to the point I have now owned 2 sets of the Hellcats from the 2016 years to now the 2019 years. Which I have always owned one of each the Charger and Challenger Hellcats as well as the SRT non Hellcat motors as well. And now as many here know I am a Mustang guy and totally all Ford other vehicles as well. The GT PP1 truly converted me to the Mustang and now the GT500 is just over the top. I own the Redeye Challenger Wide Body and can tell you she gets down the back roads pretty damn good. But no way is she the GT500. And I am fortunate to jump seats between all my Mustangs and Hellcats to get back to back driving experience. And for me the Mustangs win every time for the FUN FACTOR. The Hellcats are a blast and give you a kick in your ass feel but the Mustangs are just so much more Connected to the road and you. The confidence I have of eating up the backroads in the Mustang is truly reassuring on pushing her to her limits. The interaction with the transmissions and I am talking about the 10 speed auto and the DCT so more connected to the car then the Hellcats. And even to the point some will argue here but my 2019 GTP1 10 speed auto is such a blast beyond a blast. The GT500 DCT of course is a blast and connected as well. Dodge has challenges being they gave us so much power out of the gate now 5 years ago they are having a hard time of really delivering something that is way ahead of what they have. And what’s really interesting is how my previous 2016 Challenger non wide body felt faster than my new 2019 Redeye WB. My 16 would just bust loose and have you sliding around and holding on to keep her straight again at speeds of 45-60 mph. She would just bust loose and now my Redeye she doesn’t do this since she has bigger tires and it’s more of a slingshot effect then that crazy bust loose feel. The GT500 gives you the bust ass all out muscle feel and the exhaust is much more noticeable in the GT500 over the Hellcats. At the end of the day I would say the Mustang has the edge over the Hellcats being she feels like a race ready track car and gives you this feeling while the Hellcats are more tame and sedan driving cars.
0563CC3E-E520-47A6-964C-7DA7D995BF96.jpeg
D3188C3E-6275-4B67-869A-65E1B3E30073.jpeg
779AC6F2-7195-402E-917A-BB8FFEF20689.jpeg
8B86501A-15D1-4A3B-AFCB-7317BA1E7B27.jpeg
4E25D000-7E36-4B79-8C8C-B82FC3E7E5F5.jpeg
1B1274AE-55B2-4C5B-9951-BD8F6D1C70FC.jpeg

4B4FDE4B-B5AA-455F-913D-3B9ED6DE41CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually looking to get someone I know into a PP1 GT Premium, hope the folks over where I'm buying my GT500 have some leftover 19's they're looking to get rid of. SS is too tight and harsh for this particular guy, and he prefers the styling of the PP1 anyway.

Edit: I love that Plum Crazy...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that's the same as a 2019 gt pp1. Challengers handle very well for a big muscle coupe.
yes but that's after the car has taken a set. It's side-to-side transition where the car is unwieldy even with the best suspension they offer and in track mode. The Mustang or SS you can just throw into the curve. The big Dodge takes a more gentle hand and some patience. It could definitely use Steeda's Dual-Rate springs and truly good adaptive suspension damping to corral the weight shift. But to claim it's solely a straight-line car is not accurate.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
They do look rather menacing, especially in 1LE trim. Kinda plasticy grill mesh when you get up close though. As good as the GT500? I don't think so, but it has it's angles that's for sure. It's close.
I have never seen a ZL1 1LE in person, just a base ZL1 but it looked very nice.
In my opinion the GT500, ZL1 and Redeye all are very cool and nice looking cars.
I would love to have one of each.
Oh, I need a GT350R too.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ah, gotcha. Yeah mine was a regular RT as well. The Mustang's refresh for 18 was such a step up from the 15s with the power boost and trans upgrades, but was kinda necessary to compete with the equivalent Camaros.

I'm not brand loyal either obviously, but the Shelbys always felt more special to me than the competition's top trim levels. The 1LE SS for me beats out a PP2 GT, and probably even a GT350 with no track pack (although that Voodoo motor is heaven on earth), but not an R. The Rs are in a world of their own. I'd say the same about a turbo 1LE like Randy Pobst's vs. that new EcoBoost performance pack. I guess I cooked my own goose with dodge in this post completely leaving them out of my comparisons, but they're in a totally different car segment/type for a different use.

I grew up totally European car wise, my stepfather's (who drove a 2000 7 series while I was growing up) brother owned a euro mechanic shop and we always had customer cars. First car I ever "drove" was a 360 modena spider when I was like 5 lol but something changed in me when I hit 18 and started spending my own money, then it was all American after that. We do have a Macan in the household, and have owned a couple nice Audis, as well as some VWs.

Would you really take a Hellcat Charger over say... a C63s AMG? Same price roughly.
Good question, but the C63S is much smaller than a Charger. It also has only 503 hp vs. 797 hp. The Redeye Charger would destroy it in a roll race due to nearly 300 more hp (even though its 650+ lbs heavier). Heck, an A10 Mustang would probably beat or tie a C63S sedan (C&D ran 12.2 @ 116 mph and MT went 12.2 @ 119.5 mph). The better comparison would probably be Redeye Charger vs. the E63S. 600+ hp, and closer in size, although I think the Charger is still bigger (not sure exactly). A friend of mine has a 2019 E class sedan and it's not that large. Anyway, I'd take the AMG E63S over the Redeye Charger. Of course, the E63S base price is $105k+ so it is more expensive. That thing runs 11.1 @ 126 mph. Faster e.t., but slower trap speed than the Redeye. Winner in an acceleration contest would likely be determined by starting speed....below 40 mph? E63S takes it....above 50 mph? Probably Redeye Charger would take it.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never seen a ZL1 1LE in person, just a base ZL1 but it looked very nice.
In my opinion the GT500, ZL1 and Redeye all are very cool and nice looking cars.
I would love to have one of each.
Oh, I need a GT350R too.
When I had my SS I saw one in red, the ZLE, same color as my car at the time when I went in for service, it was when it first came out and was manual only. Really really good stance with those 325 rears and the super angular carbon rear wing that matches the hood, and I personally liked the matte hood although I'm sure that's not easy to maintain.