Sponsored

Those with RACE RED PAINT or have Seen them with PPF ? ? ? ?

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I have a 2017 and the paint is as vibrant today as it was the day I picked her up. In fact, the race red pops even more as i have had the car professionally detailed. Photos do not do her justice.
FB_IMG_1593808230459.jpg
FB_IMG_1593808237193.jpg
Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Here's a more recent one with my favorite co-pilot!

20200703_164111.jpg

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a 2017 and the paint is as vibrant today as it was the day I picked her up. In fact, the race red pops even more as i have had the car professionally detailed. Photos do not do her justice.
FB_IMG_1593808230459.jpg
FB_IMG_1593808237193.jpg

đź‘Ť

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I will be getting full front, A pillars, rockers, door lowers, in front and behind the rear wheels, and a strip across the roof PPF then full ceramic coating done on my Race Red car next week.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I had my doubts about race red going in. Having access to some well connected friends. That live auto paint, learned that today's red stays red and does not fade to pink as it once was the case.

Of course it as with any paint needs reasonable care. Selecting the color for my Mustang and ending up with race red . Was totally unexpected, was looking at most every other color.

On the show room floor there was a RR Mustang that I would pass by, shopping for the car. On a Sunday afternoon my favorite wife and I find a dealer that had every color Mustang sitting in the sun.

Walked away with blue as the one, so I thought. Back at the dealer ready to order a car. Getting the ol 123 learning that there was a Ford price & the you're so lucky to buy this car we're adding 5/6 k to the price.

That's not happening, walking out passing by the RR car on the floor. Wife says did you look at the interior. I had not, stick my head in for a quick look.

Pull back turn around looking at her ............ and said it's going to be RR. The color was just the right one for the Mustang.

And the avatar says it all, and no I did not buy the car at that dealer.

I was born @ night but not last night .... :champagne:

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming you’re getting the car brand new, tell the dealership not to take off the protective film and not to wash the car. Then take the car straight to wherever you’re going to get PPF and Ceramic Coating done. The detailer won’t have to paint correct which means you’ll get the car back sooner.
I would add a slight amendment to that ...

Tell the dealer not to remove the protective wrap, but remove it yourself before you leave the dealer.

When the wrap came off the bumper there were two areas that had damaged paint ... :explode:

Antonys-Pic-1.jpg

Not sure how that would have gone down with regards to ford fixing it if I had chosen to remove that wrap after leaving the dealer ?

WD :like:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I've had three race red Fords in a row -- a 2006 Mustang GT, a 2016 Focus ST and my current 2019 Mustang GT. I suppose the paint formulations differed, but they were all daily drivers that sat outside every day while I was at work. As you can see, I had them for a number of years. I never did anything but wash the '06 and the FoST -- no wax, no ceramic -- and the paint looked as good on the day I traded them in as the day I bought them. I never experienced any fading or dulling of any of my race red cars.

Sponsored

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
So the day I bought my car I drove it to my detail shop. They did paint correction which makes the paint pop and look wet, ppf, and ceramic coat. The car is only a few months old and it still looks brand new (showroom quality) after an exterior detail. You can see on my IG: Voracek5.0 I have race red also.

Birddog 29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I love the Bright Red and looks great when it’s New fresh polished it just pops.

but red seems to get Dull looking and maybe oxidized fast? And does not look very good after time it seems.

If you get a New Race red and have it Polished and put PPF on it. Will it keep it bright and keep that PoP for years to come?

love to see photos and hear what you guys think.

Love Bright cars at PoP I have a Grabber Blue now.
I've had mine for two years now. No fade no oxidation
20210707_085503.jpg

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Check out some of these photos. They were taken in the shade after having the front bumper, headlights and side mirrors with PPF. Then had the whole car ceramic (paint, window and rims) coated back in April. Car washes are so much easier and so far the car looks outstanding!!! Make sure you understand what you can and cant do if you ceramic coat your car!!!
19GT350#4 (2).jpg
19GT350#2 (2).jpg
What do you put on the black trim pieces?

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
20210705_134045.jpg