REAR Height 2018 GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any one notice the driver rear side is slightly lower than passenger rear side. I did springs a while back and had to add spring spacers because tires rubbed a bit. But Ive notice the gap between tire and wheel well on driver rear is slightly smaller than passenger side. Is this normal. I am sure I installed everything correctly because I've done it multiple times and double checked. Could it be also because the driver there is more weight on that side? Springs seats are in correctly, spacers, etc. But it just annoys me lol. Just checking if this is common. Or maybe I missed something. Thanks.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Haven't checked. But what I can tell is the front is more raised than the rear. Not too much, but that extra finger in the front annoys me a little too. Ha ha. But won't mess with it. Having said that, if you drive the car alone, and it's already lower on the driver's side, it'd only get lower. It should be the opposite :).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you torque all of the rubber bushings at ride height or just torque them with the car in the air?

You have to ā€œclock the bushingsā€ by loosening everything and torqing at ride height or youā€™ll get this type of thing where the car suspension is uneven on one side or higher than it should be on both sides.

usually this is done on an alighment rack. One of the only ways to get under the car with enough room to work with all the weight on the wheels.

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you torque all of the rubber bushings at ride height or just torque them with the car in the air?

You have to ā€œclock the bushingsā€ by loosening everything and torqing at ride height or youā€™ll get this type of thing where the car suspension is uneven on one side or higher than it should be on both sides.

usually this is done on an alighment rack. One of the only ways to get under the car with enough room to work with all the weight on the wheels.
Yes good point, I did though. Since I noticed the slight unevenness, yesterday I went back under to put in thicker spacers. And I did two things to make sure they were properly torqued. I fully loaded the rear axle by jacking up the axle until the rear end started lifting. Then after a quick drive, I backed up on ramps to raise the rear end and went back under to torque again. So I'll be keeping am eye on it. If anything ill just have to do the whole procedure again. I have BMR rear springs and I beleive the the logo on springs should be right side up when installing the springs but I need to double check that. We will see what happens after the rear settles again. But I've had the same springs, just changed out spacers a couple of times. I've done it multiple times and each time the driver side is still slightly lower that passenger. I also notice this because tires rubbed more on driver side than passenger side before.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
81ED70DA-F6E3-4883-86AB-F6811C18CB22.jpeg
AA491A87-AC4B-4495-B73C-9CBA1B435665.jpeg

Iā€™m getting ready to lower mine next weekend and decided to take measurements yesterday... factory 2019 pp1 and the drivers side is lower.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
81ED70DA-F6E3-4883-86AB-F6811C18CB22.jpeg
AA491A87-AC4B-4495-B73C-9CBA1B435665.jpeg

Iā€™m getting ready to lower mine next weekend and decided to take measurements yesterday... factory 2019 pp1 and the drivers side is lower.
Freakin awesome man. I see that. Lower by like 1/8 to 1/4 on drivers side. I figured because my tires rubbed more on drivers side. I didnt measure before all my changes. So at least I know installation is good then. I measured today and about same difference as well. The only thing for me, is based on my spacers and springs I should be like 1/4 higher than I am on each side, but I am not. Long story lol. Anyway cool, good pics.

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think maybe the gas tank causes the difference, thoughts?

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Mine was filled up before that picture....I didnā€™t post the pictures of the front but it is also the same as the rear... slightly lower on the drivers side

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah the front is not so much of a problem for me. But good you measured to see how much it drops after your springs.

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am also wondering if at a certain thickness, spring spacers dont give the extra height. @SteedaTech . I have Steeda Spring Spacers, all three lol, 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8, which means it would raise 0.25 inches, 0.50 inches and 0.75 inches, respectively. The 3/8 didnt give me the full 0.75 inches short by about 0.25 inches. The others did raise properly. Not complaining about product of course, it's all good, and i have an aggressive wheel / tire set up, hence why I have all three spacers to play with. Do you all think the OEM stock shocks or anything else limited the 3/8 spacers from reaching a full raise of 0.75 inches? Appreciate any feed back.

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Yes good point, I did though. Since I noticed the slight unevenness, yesterday I went back under to put in thicker spacers. And I did two things to make sure they were properly torqued. I fully loaded the rear axle by jacking up the axle until the rear end started lifting. Then after a quick drive, I backed up on ramps to raise the rear end and went back under to torque again. So I'll be keeping am eye on it. If anything ill just have to do the whole procedure again. I have BMR rear springs and I beleive the the logo on springs should be right side up when installing the springs but I need to double check that. We will see what happens after the rear settles again. But I've had the same springs, just changed out spacers a couple of times. I've done it multiple times and each time the driver side is still slightly lower that passenger. I also notice this because tires rubbed more on driver side than passenger side before.
I am having this exact same issue, installed the Steeda Ultra Lite linear springs and the driver rear side sits about 1/8 to 1/4 inch lower. Triple checked everything and I can't figure out why. I have not taken in for an alignment yet as I just installed the springs with some Koni STR.T shocks and struts last week, also threw on some UBR adjustable camber arms after I noticed a lot of negative camber after the installation. I didn't think 1.125" in the front and 1.0" in the rear would put me riding less than a finger width from the tires. Thinking about installing the BMR performance rear springs for the .5" drop. I also just ordered the Steeda rear subframe alignment kit to make sure the subframe is centered since it can be off from the factory.

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am having this exact same issue, installed the Steeda Ultra Lite linear springs and the driver rear side sits about 1/8 to 1/4 inch lower. Triple checked everything and I can't figure out why. I have not taken in for an alignment yet as I just installed the springs with some Koni STR.T shocks and struts last week, also threw on some UBR adjustable camber arms after I noticed a lot of negative camber after the installation. I didn't think 1.125" in the front and 1.0" in the rear would put me riding less than a finger width from the tires. Thinking about installing the BMR performance rear springs for the .5" drop. I also just ordered the Steeda rear subframe alignment kit to make sure the subframe is centered since it can be off from the factory.
It's not the springs or your installation, the car is made like that. As the previous comment showed, the drivers side rear sits lower than passenger side from the factory. So you are good to go. I noticed it also before I even did springs, tires, etc. I also have the steeda subframe alignment kit and it works like a charm. You can adjust the subframe with a breaker bar in the slots and move it around until the kit goes in the holes. I also had the BMR rear performance springs at 0.50 drop and now I have the BMR rear drag springs that drop by 0.50 inches too. Since my wheel and tires are aggressive I had to put in steeda spring spacers to raise it up some in the rear. My fronts are BMR perfromance and it drops by 1.2 inches and no problems there. The only thing with the front drop is those plastics wheel covers on the front in front of the tires hits the ground on bumps sometimes but no big deal in that. I have some rake on the car lol. Sounds like you got a good build going there pretty cool.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
It's not the springs or your installation, the car is made like that. As the previous comment showed, the drivers side rear sits lower than passenger side from the factory. So you are good to go. I noticed it also before I even did springs, tires, etc. I also have the steeda subframe alignment kit and it works like a charm. You can adjust the subframe with a breaker bar in the slots and move it around until the kit goes in the holes. I also had the BMR rear performance springs at 0.50 drop and now I have the BMR rear drag springs that drop by 0.50 inches too. Since my wheel and tires are aggressive I had to put in steeda spring spacers to raise it up some in the rear. My fronts are BMR perfromance and it drops by 1.2 inches and no problems there. The only thing with the front drop is those plastics wheel covers on the front in front of the tires hits the ground on bumps sometimes but no big deal in that. I have some rake on the car lol. Sounds like you got a good build going there pretty cool.
That is good to know, thanks! I guess I didn't notice that the driver rear side sat lower with the 19" PP wheels and tires with the stock springs. It makes me nervous because that fender lip is about 1/4" from the tire. I also have an aggressive wheel and tire setup. I installed the Stance SF07's in gumetal with 275/35/20 and 295/35/20 in the rear. The offset is pretty aggressive on the rear wheels. Since I have to drop the subframe I figured I would swap out the Steeda springs (1.0" inch drop) with the .5" BMR springs and I could rest a little easier while driving around town. The Steeda's in the front are spot on and I like the linear spring rates.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
On the 2016 GT that I had, the rear IRS cradle was off center from the factory. I didn't notice it until I lowered the car, then it became obvious. I put the Steeda subframe alignment kit on the car, and it centered the rear suspension perfectly. If you look at the delrin inserts, the outside of the insert is the diameter of the hole in the IRS cradle, and the hole in the center of the insert is the diameter of the bolt holding it to the car. They do this to make it easier for the workers on the assembly line to put the car together. Just be sure to get an alignment after installing the kit.
20200712_122125.jpg

OP
OP

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^ yes I have the steeda subframe alignment kit. The ride height on 18+ on driver rear is slightly lower than passenger. When I lowered car with springs, the tire rubbed more on driver side than passenger side. Also what happened was I had the BMR Performance springs that dropped the rear by 0.50 inches. I had a spacer to raise the rear back up a bit. But then I put the BMR drag springs with the same spacer the rear dropped lower than 0.50 inches. It actually dropped 0.75 inches after settling. I found this out by putting back the performance springs with the same 3/8 spacers and the rear raised by 1/4 inch higher than the drag set up and spacer. So it's all good now. I dont expect the performance springs to drop anymore because I already broke them in by having them on for almost a year before. We will see. But I hadnt notice any rubbing. Right now my total ride height is 28 1/2 on both sides. The passenger side is probably about 1/8 to 1/4 higher a bit sometimes depending where I measure it.
Sponsored