Sponsored

What have people paid in the last week, discount plus zero?

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
The EB HPP is available as a convertible BUT, the optional handling package isn't an available option on the convertible. Both the 6 speed and 10 speed automatic, according to Ford's online 2020 Mustang build web site, are available on the convertible as well.
No magna then. That would be a hard 1 to build
Sponsored

dd766

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
That 0% is a little bit smoke/mirrors. You can get it, but you have to give up rebates. To get the big $1500 rebate, you have to take the Ford financing at ~7%. The move would be to take that and then, after 1 month, refinance to a reasonable rate.
I was just going to pay it off right away after taking 7%

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Penn Fed is also a very reasonable option It costs $5 to join and they give you $250 cash if you re finance your new car. I have done 2 deals with them and no problem good luck
I joined them going on a year ago planning on buying a challenger as it looked like they had decent rates. They approved me for a used loan for an SRT, but I never went and looked at it as it was several hours away. I then applied for a new car loan and they declined me (go figure). Something about debt-to-income was too low for the loan I was requesting. I don't understand it as the loan was for around the same price. It probably has to do with my student loans as that is my only real debt that is showing up. Someone on another forum said I should have fudged what I make and put it a little higher. I most likely wouldn't get approved now though because of the hit last month for the late payment. But I have seen that some places consider 680 or above fair, so I may still be good. At this point I'm more or less looking for killer deals or may just wait and see what the 21's have to offer.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
PFCU (pentagon federal cu) algorithms are screwball. I had a couple of auto loans thru them 20 years ago without a hitch. Then for 10 years I couldn't get a loan for nothing doing. Now all of a sudden they're happy to finance me. I recommend calling the loan department up and see if you can straighten your situation up but don't hold your breath. Navy Fed or your local CU might be more accomodating.

moab361

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT PP1
New incentives today look bleak. Seems like people follow a 15-20% off rule. I was struggling to hit 15% with all the rebates from last month, now I'm seeing <10%.

Do dealers bring price down more when incentives are less, or are there just months where you won't hit that 15-20% given low rebates?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do dealers bring price down more when incentives are less, or are there just months where you won't hit that 15-20% given low rebates?
it's highly variable. I've seen dealers hike the ask by 1000-1500 on a thursday before a long weekend (eg. Memorial Day) so they can skin the buyer. And the next weekend it's back down to within 500 of what it was 7 days ago. Track a car on CarGurus and you get a handy chart of the price gyrations.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Penn Fed is also a very reasonable option It costs $5 to join and they give you $250 cash if you re finance your new car. I have done 2 deals with them and no problem good luck
what rates & terms was pen fed offering?

New incentives today look bleak. Seems like people follow a 15-20% off rule. I was struggling to hit 15% with all the rebates from last month, now I'm seeing <10%.

the dealers are probably low on inventory. Prices probably moved up a bit due to less vehicles available to sell.

it's highly variable. I've seen dealers hike the ask by 1000-1500 on a thursday before a long weekend (eg. Memorial Day) so they can skin the buyer. And the next weekend it's back down to within 500 of what it was 7 days ago. Track a car on CarGurus and you get a handy chart of the price gyrations.
I’m going to check out car gurus. Never gave them a serious look.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
the dealers are probably low on inventory. Prices probably moved up a bit due to less vehicles available to sell.
This was my thought as well.

I once traded in a car to a dealer, and then watched to see how long it took them to sell it and at what price. They would change the price by thousands, weekly. I guess as the market fluctuates.

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
I'm looking to get back into a mustang as well and am having a hard timing getting to the discounts even spoken about 2 weeks ago

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah it pretty pathetic at the moment. Same with the Camaro, but the Challengers are still offering some decent discounts. I'm pretty much decided on one of those unless I wait to see more info on the 400z.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah it pretty pathetic at the moment. Same with the Camaro, but the Challengers are still offering some decent discounts. I'm pretty much decided on one of those unless I wait to see more info on the 400z.
Challengers are 5 grand off just by walking in.