Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I think a lot of folks have unreasonable expectations.

How much do you think a near 500 HP, warrantied, street car should cost? When you consider the "upgrades" of the Mach I, don't think they are unreasonable considering you can spec out a Prem. A10 GT for what the Mach 1 is likely to go for.

Folks want a car that runs high 11's, can stand up to track use, have a warranty, handles better, and is a novelty trim package for 30k.

Start pricing out non US cars with similar bench marks. I'm not sure you find one in for less.
That's probably true as to some folks, but I'd be ok with paying over $50K had it come with 500+ HP AND they treated the A10 customers to the same options.
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Damn, 77 pages of I love it, I hate it, it's the greatest, it's a piece of junk, and everything in between.
I will say that occasionally some good information about the Mach 1's has come out of this. I really like the HP Mach 1, but the Mach 1 with the A10 best fits what I would want, and with a few mods would be exactly what I want. I don't see it happening in 2021 with a 19 PP2 premium to pay off. Maybe a used one down the road, or maybe I can be satisfied with what I have now.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My guess is the people that are against it are those that can't afford it. And there's no shame in not being able to afford a new car. But to knock it notenot knowing what it is it's just silly.

I for one can afford it and I'm going to buy one. Can't wait!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
My guess is the people that are against it are those that can't afford it. And there's no shame in not being able to afford a new car. But to knock it notenot knowing what it is it's just silly.

I for one can afford it and I'm going to buy one. Can't wait!
I can afford this car two times over, has nothing to do with that. It has to do it being a lazy attempt to make a quick buck off a legendary name just like the bullitt.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Legendary name?

The 1969 Mach 1 was a Mustang that used off the shelf parts with less originality than the 2021. Even in it's day the 351 2bbl Windsor was a slug. The best power train, the 428cj was used in the 1968 Mustang. In fact the 428 cj engine was a cheap, less horsepower/torque engine than it's truly great predicessor, the 427, which like the Coyote, was a true race engine.

As already mentioned, the 1960s Mustangs were just a re-sheet metaled falcon or Fairlane. Handled like crap. Stopped like crap. Got crappy mileage. Terrible reliability. Poor paint job. 1960s type of production vehicle.

This 2021 Mach 1 is way above the original in every single way.

My hats off to Ford. I have owned 427s, 429s, 390s, Torinos, cougars, mustangs, Fairlanes, galaxies, Thunderbirds with practically every Ford engine.

For those that don't like the car. Don't buy it. More selection for the rest of us.

But to knock a car that isn't even available yet, I don't understand.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Legendary name?

The 1969 Mach 1 was a Mustang that used off the shelf parts with less originality than the 2021. Even in it's day the 351 2bbl Windsor was a slug. The best power train, the 428cj was used in the 1968 Mustang. In fact the 428 cj engine was a cheap, less horsepower/torque engine than it's truly great predicessor, the 427, which like the Coyote, was a true race engine.

As already mentioned, the 1960s Mustangs were just a re-sheet metaled falcon or Fairlane. Handled like crap. Stopped like crap. Got crappy mileage. Terrible reliability. Poor paint job. 1960s type of production vehicle.

This 2021 Mach 1 is way above the original in every single way.

My hats off to Ford. I have owned 427s, 429s, 390s, Torinos, cougars, mustangs, Fairlanes, galaxies, Thunderbirds with practically every Ford engine.

For those that don't like the car. Don't buy it. More selection for the rest of us.

But to knock a car that isn't even available yet, I don't understand.
If you don't think Ford is using the heritage from the Mach 1 and Bullitt name to try to appeal with those cars then I don't know what to tell you. It's a marketing gimmick.

Since you want to bring up history, the original Mach was in no way a road course car but a straight line bruiser. Why call this new car a Mach 1 if it isn't that? The whole car concept makes zero sense.

Obviously modern cars are going to be better than something from the 60's, that's common sense. That doesn't make this car more interesting than the original Mach. Just watch it'll sell just like the new Bullitt.

Of course you can knock a car without having driven it, this car is a lazy slapped together GT marketed behind a name that it shares no identity with.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
OK, no one says you have to like it but why are you wasting your time and ours by knocking it. If it doesn't move you, fine, go find another thread to be Mr. Negative on. :facepalm:
I don't think you understand how forums work :facepalm:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How much do you think a near 500 HP, warrantied, street car should cost? ...
Folks want a car that runs high 11's, can stand up to track use, have a warranty, handles better, and is a novelty trim package for 30k.
Start pricing out non US cars with similar bench marks. I'm not sure you find one in for less.
The filth that is GM sells the SS/1LE for 45k (50k with 'premium' trim) and has been doing it for the past 5 years. And actually overtly supports Track use - something Ford won't even do for the Shelby let alone a tarted up GT+PP2. The GM offering has had ALL of the Mach1 feature set and then some, save the GT350 SWing. The higher-trim Mustangs are significantly overpriced already. Calling the Mach1 bits "upgrades" and hiking the price much past 50-53k they are just delusional.

No Ford, with the S550 at the end of it's lifecycle you're only now bothering to put a package together to compete with the reviled Camaro which was designed for big-boy use from day one. I wouldn't mind seeing the head of whomever it was who put together the useless PP2 trim on a pike by the front gate. Ford had another perfect opportunity to do it right (at least in regards to the Tremec) with the Bullitt but failed again. Back when, the king chopped off your head for such level of stupid. Frankly it's a tradition that needs to come back.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I don't know if Ford is using the marketing tool to get peoples money or not , but I think Ford has come up with a really great performance car in the Mach 1 and are using the Mach 1 name to introduce the car to potential buyers. I think the Mach 1 is a very clean looking design in a lot of respects. I just hope they produce enough Mach 1 Mustangs so we all have a chance to buy one.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
how's it different from the Ford nutriders constantly praising it? Zero difference. There's 2 camps here. Shut up and take my money & really Ford, really? Both camps have valid opinions. The undecided can then make an educated opinion from both sides of the arguments. How's that for an answer? In the ballpark?
Ford "nutrider ". Guilty as charged . Shut up and take my money. :piggybank:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The details are not out, but we still don't know how Ford is getting the 480HP out of this car yet, correct? Are we sure it is the Bullitt engine? When I watched the video made at the Shelby facility it wasn't clear.

If so, I am curious to see how the recalibrated A10 interfaces with this engine. The Bullitt had a higher redline. Does anyone know?

Also, in re-reading the information from Ford, this car will have several unique parts specifically designed by Ford for the Mach 1. Read carefully the last paragraph. Though there are parts from different cars, there are unique parts and calibration. Ford put serious thought into this car:

"The Mach 1 engineering and design teams worked in tandem to develop a front end unique to the Mach 1 persona that also meets the high aerodynamic demands of the engine, transmission and braking systems.

A new two-piece upper grille, lower grille and valance, and new side grilles, all contribute to Mach 1’s signature look and more demanding aero and cooling performance requirements.

A front splitter optimized to the fascia shape improves track performance and provides a more aggressive appearance, while a matched rear spoiler works in concert to create ideal lift balance. Mach 1 features 22 percent more downforce than a Mustang GT with Performance Pack Level 1 and the downforce improvement jumps to approximately 150 percent with the Handling Package.

To enhance track endurance, the team added two side heat exchangers – one to cool engine oil, the other transmission oil – as well as a rear axle cooling system and lower diffuser from Shelby GT500.

A new underbelly pan, the vehicle’s most aerodynamically important upgrade, extends 20 inches further rearward than on a Mustang GT Performance Pack to smooth and increase the airflow under the front of the car. Large underwing features in the belly pan increase downforce, while special belly pan airfoils in the brake cooling ramps improve downforce and assist the brake cooling flow – a first for Mustang.

To improve ride and handling, Mach 1 features the latest MagneRide calibration, a stiffer steering I-shaft, new EPAS calibration, stiffer sway bars and front springs, a brake booster from the Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2, 9.5-inch/10-inch split fitment wheels with Michelin PS4 tires, a rear subframe with stiffer bushings and a rear toe-link from Shelby GT500.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you don't think Ford is using the heritage from the Mach 1 and Bullitt name to try to appeal with those cars then I don't know what to tell you. It's a marketing gimmick.

Since you want to bring up history, the original Mach was in no way a road course car but a straight line bruiser. Why call this new car a Mach 1 if it isn't that? The whole car concept makes zero sense.

Obviously modern cars are going to be better than something from the 60's, that's common sense. That doesn't make this car more interesting than the original Mach. Just watch it'll sell just like the new Bullitt.

Of course you can knock a car without having driven it, this car is a lazy slapped together GT marketed behind a name that it shares no identity with.
OK, I admitted to overreacting to one of your earlier posts but come on. Do you really own a Mustang or are you just a C6G troll? It seems the only purpose of your posts is to engage real Mustang fans with your BS. You’re not interested in discussion because that requires a back and forth of ideas. All you want to do is tear down a car that isn’t even on sale yet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The filth that is GM sells the SS/1LE for 45k (50k with 'premium' trim) and has been doing it for the past 5 years. And actually overtly supports Track use - something Ford won't even do for the Shelby let alone a tarted up GT+PP2. The GM offering has had ALL of the Mach1 feature set and then some, save the GT350 SWing. The higher-trim Mustangs are significantly overpriced already. Calling the Mach1 bits "upgrades" and hiking the price much past 50-53k they are just delusional.

No Ford, with the S550 at the end of it's lifecycle you're only now bothering to put a package together to compete with the reviled Camaro which was designed for big-boy use from day one. I wouldn't mind seeing the head of whomever it was who put together the useless PP2 trim on a pike by the front gate. Ford had another perfect opportunity to do it right (at least in regards to the Tremec) with the Bullitt but failed again. Back when, the king chopped off your head for such level of stupid. Frankly it's a tradition that needs to come back.
Matt, you are in a unique position of owning both Mustang’s and Camaro’s. It’s been noted many times the superiority of the Camaro in a few different areas yet they just don’t sell. The marketplace usually separates the best from just the good. So why do buyers flock to the Mustang and let the Camaro’s just sit on the lot?
Sponsored