Sponsored

Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone else just have to have a cup of the good brown stuff to get/keep your day on track and feed your caffeine demon?

Do you keep it simple, insta-coffee or are you in deep (like - roast your own beans, have an expresso machine at home type deal), somewhere in between?

I am mostly a cold coffee drinker, or prefer to buy whole beans and grind them at home to brew fresh. Also went on a cold brew at home streak for a while. Starbucks is not the be all end all (in fact, it’s middle of the road at best) and I much rather find a non-chain coffee shop to grab a good brew from

Like beer, I like my coffee dark and complex.

Best coffee drink I have had is a “bullet proof” coffee. Pick your roast, it’s mixed with coconut oil and grass fed butter (at this particular shop) and it’s absolutely insane. Sounds gross but it’s far from it.
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi my name is Joe and I'm a coffeeholic! Yes I am addicted to caffeine! I grind my beans and make it fresh every morning. I have to limit myself as the older I get the more of a problem caffeine is starting to be.

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I took up coffee drinking at the start of 2017. I always loved the smell of coffee but was never a fan of warm/hot drinks or the taste. I effectively taught myself to drink it. So from hating the taste to being a complete coffee snob within 3 years. At home/work I stepped through instant, pods to grinding and brewing my own. I now start my day with a perfect for me cup at home, then a rather unimpressive instant one at work. I also love trying new Cafe's and have a few favorites in my area.

It took me the better part of two years to settle on my favorite bean.

exh7.jpg

IMG-6190-002.jpg

And slowly getting better at this sort of thing.

apr231.jpg

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Definitely a coffee addict, but not fancy stuff. Three to four to five cups throughout the day, then a diet mt dew around 3 or 4, then switch to beer and/or tequila / whiskey in the evening. My doctor doea not approve, but oh well.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
1274262_10201614397879676_2540954200617309434_o.jpg
IMG_20200312_162829.jpg
I might be a Coffeegeek, but I haven't been on that forum much lately.
Weekday mornings start with a big travel mug from the Technivorm (paired with a Baratza Maestro grinder). Weekends, when we're home, start with something from the Vibiemme Domobar Super HX (Compak K-6 does the grinding). If we're on the boat, it's usually French Press (antique hand grinder) but I recently added a Handpresso so I don't have to give up the espresso.
I do have a Behmor roaster but I've worn out the catalytic converter and it sets off the smoke detectors now so I don't roast much anymore. I also have a Rancilio Silvia (with PID) as a backup machine but it's hard to go back to a single boiler machine once you get used to an HX or DB. Last but not least, my old Fiorenzato Bricoletta is a future PID controller project.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took me the better part of two years to settle on my favorite bean.

exh7.jpg

And slowly getting better at this sort of thing.

apr231.jpg
Nice art!

IMG_20200226_144734.jpg

Funny, I have a similar photo. There are a half dozen coffees I like better than this one, but it's local and fresh, most of my favorites come from the other side of the continent.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely a coffee addict, but not fancy stuff. Three to four to five cups throughout the day, then a diet mt dew around 3 or 4, then switch to beer and/or tequila / whiskey in the evening. My doctor doea not approve, but oh well.
Well then I guess it is wise of him not to drink any of those nectars of goodness. :beer:

I like the percolator for brewing coffee. Folgers, black & tasty.

IMG_0329.jpeg

Last edited:

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
My wife and I both like 8 O'clock brand pre-ground coffee. Couple of cups every morning. We've never seen a reason to go to anything more complicated. I drink mine with cream and a splash of chocolate syrup.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Poured two of these this morning.

jul31.jpg

Sadly, my lunchtime coffee choices just don't compare. :facepalm:

jul33.jpg

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Daauummm!! There sure is some high class coffee drinking going on here. And me sitting here with my half gallon bucket of McDonald's breakfast blend. :blush:

But I drink Miller Lite as my go-to beer so....

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my coffee ain't all that special but my homebrew is awfully good!
That's how I got started with coffee, and where my username came from.
I used to work with a guy who had a nickname for everyone. He found out I brewed and was fascinated with the idea (yes, I taught him to brew) so my nickname became "Dave the brew guy." I used that nickname on a couple homebrew forums.
At some point, one of the homebrew suppliers added home roasting stuff to their site and I decided to give it a shot. That led to coffee forums, and "Dave the brew guy" worked for that too. Coffee forums lead to espresso, it's a slippery slope.
Since then, I've used the shortened version, "Dave TBG," on a handful of other forums.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well since the caffeine is starting to bother my system, I won't be venturing any further down the coffee road. But I do have an interest growing on distilling my own whiskey.
Sponsored