Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Same here.

Even with my active exhaust set to "quiet," I hear no evidence of engine or SC sounds under any circumstances. Under throttle, the exhaust has a more intense and ferocious sound, though.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Even with my active exhaust set to "quiet," I hear no evidence of engine or SC sounds under any circumstances. Under throttle, the exhaust has a more intense and ferocious sound, though.
Bro you Can’t tell what an exhaust sounds like recording from inside the car. You need something like a tunnel or someone else recording as you drive by. The point was the trans shifts.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Any idea of what is causing the high-pressure whoosh sound that you all are hearing?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Bro you Can’t tell what an exhaust sounds like recording from inside the car. You need something like a tunnel or someone else recording as you drive by. The point was the trans shifts.
I commented on your transmission shifts and then you asked if anyone had the high pressure air sound....two different topics that don't have a damn thing to do with one another. I replied to both in separate posts.

By the way, inside the car is where I drive so that is where I listen to the exhaust.

The shift in your last vid seemed about like mine. Your car sounds entirely different from inside than mine so I cannot distinguish whoosh from what the hell ever kind of exhaust you have.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There’s NO whoosh or SC sound from inside my car with the windows down

I run a H-Pipe through GT Mufflers
It sounds great, but no SC sound at all

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Any idea of what is causing the high-pressure whoosh sound that you all are hearing?
Ony a couple of guys have mentioned it that I know of. Driver flatulence maybe?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Same here.
All I can hear is the exhaust.
I don't hear any supercharger sound in my Roush either. 04 Cobra is a totally different story. The supercharger is louder than the exhaust under full thottle and the exhaust is Bassani high flow catted x pipe and Borla Stinger catback. I find it odd that they are so different. Something with the Roush blower design makes it so quiet?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I don't hear any supercharger sound in my Roush either. 04 Cobra is a totally different story. The supercharger is louder than the exhaust under full thottle and the exhaust is Bassani high flow catted x pipe and Borla Stinger catback. I find it odd that they are so different. Something with the Roush blower design makes it so quiet?
It may have been a design goal of Eaton’s with the TVS rotors. Anybody with a VMP or EB housing care to comment?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I barely went wot so the whoosh wasn’t very loud. I’ll post another video with full boost on a 60-123mph roll. The whoosh is loud as fuck. I wondering if the the speed shop that installed mine did something different. Ford Tech didn’t seem to think it was an issue when I described it to him.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Not mustang related. I think I just blew the equivalent of headers and a tune on fireworks for the fourth.

haven’t seen my car for a month but it will howl for me when I do :) (had to keep our mustang related somehow)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you are going to put on a heck of a display.

Not mustang related. I think I just blew the equivalent of headers and a tune on fireworks for the fourth.

haven’t seen my car for a month but it will howl for me when I do :) (had to keep our mustang related somehow)

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
It may have been a design goal of Eaton’s with the TVS rotors. Anybody with a VMP or EB housing care to comment?
One of the things that I like about the Roush is that it makes no apparent noise. It doesn't shriek like a damn Whipple. I thought all Eaton TVS systems were quiet...Edelbrock and VMP but I don't know if that is true or not. Roush has claimed low noise, vibration and harshness levels and they seem to be quite correct. I am very pleased with that aspect of the kit. I would like to hear from owners of EB and VMP as well.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The current Whipple is very quiet. I can barely hear it over the stock exhaust. It reminds me of my old gen2 lightning when it was stock.