Sponsored

Very Strange Alert on FordPass - Please Check to See if You Received This!!!!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I got a similar one but it said if i sent $1000 to this Nigerian Prince he would unlock another 40 hp from my Coyote..... E-transfer sent and now I'm just waiting on his tune :)

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
City and state governments and even countries have been hacked, why should it be surprising for an app like Fordpass to be hacked.
Not sure what the point might be, maybe a test run for something bigger?
I have an '18 EcoBoost and have received no such email.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
City and state governments and even countries have been hacked, why should it be surprising for an app like Fordpass to be hacked.
Not sure what the point might be, maybe a test run for something bigger?
I have an '18 EcoBoost and have received no such email.
Surprising, no, but scary, maybe. What if their able to start your car? Unlock your doors? Isn’t technology grand?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Surprising, no, but scary, maybe. What if their able to start your car? Unlock your doors? Isn’t technology grand?
Not the first time I've been glad none of my Fords have that capability.
I'm more worried that my CC numbers get skimmed than Fordpass being hacked. I'd delete the app but I doubt that would eliminate my information from their site.
As for technology being grand, yes, it is! The things technology has done for medicine alone is worth a whole lot of inconvenience. Are there downsides, sure, but on the whole, well worth it.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm deleting the app. For me it's pointless and even more importantly a security risk.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I'm deleting the app. For me it's pointless and even more importantly a security risk.
Nothing on my ford pass for my 19 gt pp1car.i like the app.can check details on car.and remote start it,which when it's very hot or cold sets temp for my liking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I hear you good sir, and to think now that Rockwell and Michael Jackson were on target in the 80’s with...
FD0F0C02-CB04-484A-81D8-FCE4207B6D21.jpeg

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Nothing on my ford pass for my 19 gt pp1car.i like the app.can check details on car.and remote start it,which when it's very hot or cold sets temp for my liking
I think you might be surprised what could be found out from the info in the app. At the very least it has your name, phone number and VIN. Those three things are more than enough for a determined cypher thief to find out plenty about you.
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that deleting the app would remove your information from Fords computers. Of course you're just as likely to be compromised by data breaches at your bank or nationwide retailers.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well for one that spelling & grammar should be a clue.

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
They said they could not find anything my car needed so I left. One thing they did mention though is that the app is not run by ford but a 3rd party.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
not run by ford but a 3rd party.
FordPass is the Ford-created device app that contains vehicle information and provides users with Ford-specific information about things such as nearby dealerships, service hours, data about their Fords saved to the app and information such as recall notices for their saved vehicles.

So the only 'party' running that app would be Ford.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They said they could not find anything my car needed so I left. One thing they did mention though is that the app is not run by ford but a 3rd party.
So you got hacked. I would suggest logging off the app, deleting it, and reinstall.
FordPass is the Ford-created device app that contains vehicle information and provides users with Ford-specific information about things such as nearby dealerships, service hours, data about their Fords saved to the app and information such as recall notices for their saved vehicles.

So the only 'party' running that app would be Ford.
Just because they created it doesn't mean they run it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just because they created it doesn't mean they run it.
I don't believe they'll hand off sensitive personal information to a 3rd party source pertaining to vehicle info, names, credit to a 3rd party.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe they'll hand off sensitive personal information to a 3rd party source pertaining to vehicle info, names, credit to a 3rd party.
Most large retail stores online billing sites are handled by 3rd parties. They are out there, we just do not see them as they are in the background. By the way you do know that there are many DMV's that sell personal information. You can be careful but you can never be really safe online, or off, for that matter.
Sponsored