Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Goddam dude, that's some fantastic work. I did my own oil change, you swapped an entire motor ...
I've swapped an engine, but that was from one V8 to a bigger V8 in a Camaro Z28. I've also done a ton of engine work on my LT1 Trans Am I used to own. This guy swapped from a turbo 4 to a V8, and swapped the transmission AND entire wiring harness, and is doing the programming himself. All of that would be too daunting for me, and I think most others here. Kudos to him. I'm looking forward to the video where it starts up and he drives it!
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Hopefully this is the weekend you'll get it running! Any updates?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
Hopefully this is the weekend you'll get it running! Any updates?
unfortunately not yet!! this sucks... i bought this IDS interface using Amazon Prime 4 days ago and still is not shipped yet :curse: the car is literary parked and waiting for this little thing! :headbang: i was looking for someone that have this module but nobody response :facepalm: so this will be a long long wait :angry:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
unfortunately not yet!! this sucks... i bought this IDS interface using Amazon Prime 4 days ago and still is not shipped yet :curse: the car is literary parked and waiting for this little thing! :headbang: i was looking for someone that have this module but nobody response :facepalm: so this will be a long long wait :angry:
Can you find it locally and cancel the Amazon order?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Can you find it locally and cancel the Amazon order?
yeah, i already tried to found one locally but not luck so far... ford is very busy and DF performance where i bought the motor they are also very busy right now and they are far away from home, the tow service is not cheap either. so a job of 30 min it will takes around 3 days for the wait in dealership or the other shop! so i don't know which is worst :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
you are the best!!!! it says for ecoboost but looks like the exact same!! and i found it for just $40 with tax and shipping!!

in case if someone need this part number it was:
JR3Z-19835-J

upload_2020-6-26_9-4-20.png

the mystery was solved!!!!
this is an update about this part:

the pipe came in finally and i did install it, so indeed this part is for the EcoBoost model only, the condenser in this car is shorter and that tube connects in a higher position, however, since this is aluminum and is very easy to bend, i make to this fits, it is not far off, so it was able to bend and make to fit, the rest fits normally, so now you know this mystery part still is a mystery for the GT model!! :crackup:

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
this is an update about this part:

the pipe came in finally and i did install it, so indeed this part is for the EcoBoost model only, the condenser in this car is shorter and that tube connects in a higher position, however, since this is aluminum and is very easy to bend, i make to this fits, it is not far off, so it was able to bend and make to fit, the rest fits normally, so now you know this mystery part still is a mystery for the GT model!! :crackup:
Glad you could make it work; so CarID had the EB and GT tube listed as the same P/N?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
this is crazy!! so now i just receive a message from the amazon seller that said that the order was posted but it is on payment pending!! WTF!! so Amazon never charge me and this is why it never came out to shipping, something like this never happened to me before, and i bought a lot from them!! so i cancelled that order and make a new one from e-Bay last night and is shipped already, how cool is that!!! now today i received a message from DF performance that maybe is a possibility that they can coming tonight or tomorrow night to reflash my ECU!! :crazy: crazy!! not sure if is true but anyways i just want to fix that as soon as possible!!! :rockon:

Reactions: R5L
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
some latest photos:
20200707_191203.jpg
20200707_181807.jpg
20200707_191111.jpg
20200707_191126.jpg
20200707_191136.jpg
20200707_191151.jpg

Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Wait, I'm confused... is that a 2.3 turbo or a 5.0??

Jk bro, awesome job, looks like you need to update your radiator cover badge! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Wait, I'm confused... is that a 2.3 turbo or a 5.0??

Jk bro, awesome job, looks like you need to update your radiator cover badge! :thumbsup:
i was thinking on leave it just to remind me that it was a 2.3 turbo engine before!! :giggle:

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)

The Coyote Swap get stuck!! watch this to know why...

The entire process of the coyote swap was stalled due to not being able to work in the car daily, it only takes half an hour of work to program the ECU, but I could not find someone locally who has the Ford IDS interface to do it, in addition to all the programming of the new cluster and I could not spend time on this, so I took the car home! to finish all the details with patience!!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
OMG!!! this is it!!! the IDS scanner is at home!!! wait for news guys!! this afternoon i will start the programming!!!

upload_2020-7-10_12-57-41.png
Is the only thing you have to program the key fob to the ECU? Or are there other parameters requiring programming?
Sponsored