Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
I really hope Ford will release this function on shelbys

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Ford does seem open minded about making quite a few performance parts available. The aftermarket offers a hardware solution. Someone must know if there is a module on the GT's or GT500's that our cars (or those without) don't have or if it's strictly a coding function....

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I’ll assume you mean down shift rev matching. Rev matching is a little easier on the clutch and transmission, but to each his own.
So far I think the hill hold assist is pretty cool. It works on my car just fine, surprising actually because I forgot I has it....new car.
Our cars do upshift rev-match: If you're in 2nd gear and push the clutch in, the revs fall down but hang for one second at the appropriate RPM to shift into 3rd. After that one second hang, the revs continue to fall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Our cars do upshift rev-match: If you're in 2nd gear and push the clutch in, the revs fall down but hang for one second at the appropriate RPM to shift into 3rd. After that one second hang, the revs continue to fall.
never noticed this on mine. Does it do it on all gear changes or only on 2-3 gear shifts?

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
never noticed this on mine. Does it do it on all gear changes or only on 2-3 gear shifts?
Mine does it on all the gears, but it is the most noticeable on the lower ones when you are shifting at lower RPM's, especially before the engine is warmed up. Personally I wish it didn't have it, although I am hopeful we can get this new rev match.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was kind of PO'ed when the Bullitt came out with rev-matching. But I'm over it now.

UXXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Interested in a possible FP solution as well. I'm sure they can do it as a software solution. Ford, listen to your customers!

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Can we start a door to door petition and send it to Ford performance? (ha ha)

Unrelated shifting "newbie" question: sometimes when I down shift (say I am at 2K RPM and I am trying to do a spirited downshift/ pass) I may jump down a few gears to land at 4 or 5k, and get the sleepy horse moving. But sometimes in a low gear like 3rd to 1st, I get jerking. Anyone else? Is that the clutch trying to grab, motor freaking, or ??? I don't think I am rev matching. If it doesn't want to go into that gear, I won't do it, but it the shifter takes it, so do I

Maybe I am beating the wife too much and she don't wanna play along anymore? (actually, I mostly baby her. I mean the car of course....)

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Can we start a door to door petition and send it to Ford performance? (ha ha)

Unrelated shifting "newbie" question: sometimes when I down shift (say I am at 2K RPM and I am trying to do a spirited downshift/ pass) I may jump down a few gears to land at 4 or 5k, and get the sleepy horse moving. But sometimes in a low gear like 3rd to 1st, I get jerking. Anyone else? Is that the clutch trying to grab, motor freaking, or ??? I don't think I am rev matching. If it doesn't want to go into that gear, I won't do it, but it the shifter takes it, so do I

Maybe I am beating the wife too much and she don't wanna play along anymore? (actually, I mostly baby her. I mean the car of course....)
I don’t think I’ve ever went from 3rd to 1st unless I rode the clutch in 3rd to a stoplight and then neutral shake and then into 1st.

Anything to 1st downshifts were frowned upon at Ford Performance GT350 driving experience. Don’t think I’d recommend it either.

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I only shift into first when I am at a dead stop. At track attack they actually have first locked out so you can't shift into it unless you are stopped.

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I agree with the above. Downshifting from 3-1 to pass is no good.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think I’ve ever went from 3rd to 1st unless I rode the clutch in 3rd to a stoplight and then neutral shake and then into 1st.

Anything to 1st downshifts were frowned upon at Ford Performance GT350 driving experience. Don’t think I’d recommend it either.
I always pass thru neutral FIRST (I think), and I am not sure if I actually did that...it may of been from 4th the 2nd ....then again, it may of been 3rd to 1st....

But ....did they say why? And maybe whatever the reason is not to, if I DID do that, that's why it gets the car to buck a little?

Anyone else has some minor jerking/bucking?

I may of done it twice....ever.... but getting un understanding of this really helps. I will know not to do it ever again, if I had!!!!

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
At least I'm not these guys (he has a bunch of these)

Sponsored