Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Hi a few questions for the Borla guys when they get time.

Would you please post a couple of close up hi-res pics of the tips on both the 140742CF and 140742CFBA? I've not seen any good close ups of these from different angles to compare to each other.

Have you done any recent modifications to the active valve actuator mount on your active enabled mufflers? I read somewhere there was a customer disappointed that there were gaps between the actuator base and the section where the spring sits below that may let debris or rocks in to potential block the actuator function. It was stated this gap is not present in the Ford OEM Active actuator to actuator mount. Any comment would be of assistance.

Thanks.

AJ
I'll ask our R&D team to see if we have close up photos of the two carbon fiber tip styles. The only difference between the two is the center piece of the tip that holds the carbon fiber shell to the exhaust pipe. 140742CF has a silver center and 140742CFBA has a black center. The carbon fiber shell itself is the same.

We have not redesigned our active exhaust systems for the 2018+ Mustang GT. I would like to say that we haven't come across any issues in relation to our actuator mounts. If you do have concerns, you can reach out to our Customer Service Manager. His email address is [email protected]. Thank you!
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
I'll ask our R&D team to see if we have close up photos of the two carbon fiber tip styles. The only difference between the two is the center piece of the tip that holds the carbon fiber shell to the exhaust pipe. 140742CF has a silver center and 140742CFBA has a black center. The carbon fiber shell itself is the same.

We have not redesigned our active exhaust systems for the 2018+ Mustang GT. I would like to say that we haven't come across any issues in relation to our actuator mounts. If you do have concerns, you can reach out to our Customer Service Manager. His email address is [email protected]. Thank you!
Thanks Ian. May I recommend you also add the new photos to your webpages on the relevant P/N S-Type and ATAK systems.

I’ll send an E-Mail to Chris.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I wish Borla would make an Atak setup for 18+ convertibles, I don't understand why so many exhaust manufacturers have neglected the drop-top b/c of the stupid undercarriage brace.

StreetPony5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vigneshwaran
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT, '12 Audi A6
How come Borla doesn't offer the ATAK in a Axle back? I have the Borla Switchfire and would like to marry that up with the ATAK.
I was told By borla folks that they couldn’t get the original ATAK sound with AB’s for 18+ mustangs.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I was told By borla folks that they couldn’t get the original ATAK sound with AB’s for 18+ mustangs.
Hard to believe. It's an xpipe with muffler system. It's OK. going with the FRPP extreme kit.

Sponsored

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
BORLA® Exhaust for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT!
[COMING SOON]

Each BORLA® Exhaust System is built with premium T-304 stainless steel to give you the absolute best in performance and durability. We strive to provide you with high quality products and stand behind our systems with a Million-Mile Warranty. That said, we are excited to offer a number of performance exhaust options for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT, allowing you to customize the way your Mustang looks, sounds, and performs. Here's what we are working on...

https://www.borla.com/ford-2018-mustang-exhaust-systems/

Borla Exhaust Options:

• Axle-Back Systems (Active Exhaust Valves & No Valves)
    • Cat-Back Systems (Active Exhaust Valves & No Valves)
    • X-Pipes
    • Headers
Borla Sound Levels:

• Touring
    • S-Type
    • ATAK®
Borla Tip Options:

• Bright Chrome (Silver)
    • Black Chrome
    • Carbon Fiber
Feel free to ask us questions & give us your feedback! We want to hear from you!

Photos, Videos, & Information will be posted to this thread so Subscribe & Stay Tuned!!

Borla R&D...
IMG_0230-2-smaller.jpg
IMG_0856-1-smaller.jpg

IMG_0859-1-smaller.jpg
IMG_1333-1-smaller.jpg

*This last photo (below) is of a 2018 Ford Mustang GT on display in the Borla Booth at SEMA 2017 with the Ford Performance by Borla System installed.
SEMA 2017_2406-smaller.jpg

Is there a way to order the Borla S Type axle back w/ carbon fiber tips? Or the ATAK axel back w/ carbon fiber tips?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G

Bump.Any pics yet Ian@Borla ?

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Is there a way to order the Borla S Type axle back w/ carbon fiber tips? Or the ATAK axel back w/ carbon fiber tips?
Unfortunately, our Axle-Back systems are only available with chrome or black chrome tips. Sorry about that!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.