Sponsored

Here's the 2021 Mach 1!!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I was the 2nd owner of an 04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 for 8 years. Out of the 6 Mustangs I have owned since I started driving, that is still my favorite to this day (I would still have it if a teenage girl didn't sideswipe me :crying: ). I feel this model fails in two areas IMO. No Shaker and no increase in power to make it unique. I loved explaining to people that the 03-04 Mach 1s were NOT just a GT with some cosmetic changes. This is literally a Bullitt with suspension and cooling mods. You can't argue that. Ok, the Tremec, but does that really make it special? I know the aftermarket will react with a shaker kit, but it really should have come on the car. A shaker and a bump in power robbed Ford from releasing another icon.

I am still holding out for power as all of the press releases state it is "projected" to have 480 HP. Hopefully Ford is still working on this number.

And yes, I know very well that the original Machs only came with a shaker as an option. When you have a trim that is known for a shaker, which the 03-04s help cement in our heads AND a competitor (The Challenger) has their own version available RIGHT NOW, I think it was a huge missed opportunity. I love Ford and all Mustangs, but man.. they missed the mark here IMO.

I bet if the early sketches are released we will see numerous models with Shaker hoods.
I was in Tulsa. I really like the car. Not enough to trade the R in for but I think they did a nice job. As far as the 480 hp, you should not be surprised. Ford said a long time ago to get the HP out of the GT350 (NA) they had to go for the FPC and that was not going to happen. How much HP did your 04 make? As for the shaker, to add it the whole underside of the hood area would be taken up by Shaker components. The angle of the hood is a bit more rakish then the previous models. That required Ford to go through crash certifications again and that is costly. So yes, the aftermarket is already working on it. The car is very near the base 350. The brakes are not the same but, it has coolers as required for tracking and Cup 2's not to mention much wider wheels than the bullet on the track version. Again its not a 350 but, its better then the bullitt which was a nice car in its own right
Sponsored

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
I see all the dislikes and criticism, and I get it. Much of what guys want is subjective...even more power is a subjective want. I especially get the disappointment about no shaker, but technology has changed and such a kit would be more cosmetic than anything else, IMO. I really like the car and I was hoping it'd break that 500HP mark, but alas, it's the Bullitt motor and I'm okay with that. With the weight of these cars, I want more torque. The addition of the 10-spd to a "track" set up is the big news and appeal for me. I wonder if an automatic Mach 1 will be as fast as a well-driven GT350 on PSS tires? The big question is tire size on the "base" Mach 1 (we know the Handling Pack tires). They seem bigger than the PP1/Bullitt cars as the rims are .5" wider. I know Steeda's page has the tires listed as the standard 255s up front, but I'm thinking 265 (I hope 275) up front...the rears, then, would be at leas one or two sizes bigger. This will be a huge indicator of the base Mach 1s track times. Of course weight is a big spec we don't have either. But with bigger wheels and all those coolers, I'll say an automatic Mach 1 will push above 3,950lbs if the PP1 cars are 3850-ish. That's just heavy! But, all that said, I dig this car and am considering a base Mach 1 next year.

VelR5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 5.0, 2022 Mustang GT
Yep all the Karens here getting riled up over "only" 480 hp when it explicitly states projected in the press release. Car markers don't use that terminology if the number has been set in stone. People forget that this car is homologated to other places besides us.
Well I wouldn't hold my breath for anything over 500. I think they're just going to do a revise tune and call it a day.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I think you have the point. As you know european Bullit only get 460 bp because enviorement exaust limitations. If Ford wants to sell the Mach 1 in Europe needs to mantein the european bullitt engine.Europe is getting tough for "big" engines.BMW M2 Competition fininsh production on december, new 2021 Supra 384 bp is banned, Ford Focus RS the same....
This is perhaps the last special edition Mustang that we get here in Europe offered directly from FoMoCo. 2021 Mach 1 offered during the last two years of the S550 platform. S560 Mustang will be hybrid as I understand. V8 probably offered however, for us in Europe with restrictions getting tighter and tighter this Mach 1 could be a sought after classic in a few short years. This mach 1 checks all the boxes for me. I intend to get one.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I'll strongly consider the base model auto to build a road course car from. Stock coolers a big plus. I would get separate track wheels anyway so I'll do the 305/30 at all 4 corners with a wheel setup you can actually rotate around all 4. Buy the front splitter and rear wing. Will have to wait and see how the Magneride setup is done. I know with current PP1 you can buy a spring and sway bar upgrade that also includes Magneride programming to get as good or better than PP2 minus the aero, wheels and tires. They offer the same springs and bars for the PP2 no extra Magneride programming required. Which means the springs likely aren't much stiffer than stock PP2.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Why not make it special and give it a N/A 5.2 predator?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The best thing about the new Mach 1 is that the engine will most likely not have to be produced on a niche engine line. I don't see how people get the idea the engine is coming from the Bullitt. Just because the projected horsepower is 480 does not mean the engine is the Bullitt engine. The Ford engineers are a smart bunch and will try for 480 plus Horsepower. The new Mach 1 will become a new classic. I would rather have Ford create a whole new name for this particular car , but I can accept Mach 1.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
The A10 as an option is a nice move in the right direction. But why can't the Mach 1 be spec'd the same whether its the A10 or the stick? That's nonsense to only provide the complete goodie package to manual customers.

I was also hoping the Mach 1 would've come with a little more power to take it a level beyond the Bullitt.
This article https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/2...orque-numbers-potentially-revealed-exclusive/ is claiming a possible 525 hp and 450 lb/ft for the Mach 1 to surpass the Bullitt and be comparable to the GT 350, since it’s replacing both.
Hopefully that’s true! I’ll be in for the A10 version if so :)

Edit: I see these numbers were addressed above :( However I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

Ken

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Why not make it special and give it a N/A 5.2 predator?
Yep. My take, from another thread:

Some simple math, and some daydreaming:

Predator short block nets ~200cc more displacement, which is ~12 cubic inches. Bullitt-spec engine is ~1.6 HP/CI. Therefore, my dream factory Mach engine (Predator short block with Gen 3 heads) would net ~502 HP. Ding!

Considering that the Predator's bore is 1mm larger than the 5.0, cylinder head flow might be a tiny amount better since the valves would be less shrouded, so the power would likely be slightly higher as well maybe 505-510. And this with just the Gen 3 cams and Bullitt intake. Tweak cams a little, maybe that CJ intake, and we're well beyond that 505-510 HP. It would have been easy, all the parts are in the bins, after all.

I get why they did what they did, and the Mach is going to be great to a large degree. But the scenario above would have been killer, and would probably have had me waving cash instead of staying on course plotting for an eventual GT500. And probably more like me that want something a little more.
I'd be tormenting my local dealer already if an NA CPC 5.2 would have been the Mach engine, as the nameplate deserves its own powerplant as was the case with the '03-'04.....

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If they really had enthusiasts and wanted a track capable car they would have given it the 7-speed from the GT500 or the Tremec from the GT350 as drive train options.
and update the gt350 with some more power and bring over the digital dash but nope we are just gonna stop making it lmfao

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yep.

I test drove a red auto '03 Mach back then, and it was a rocketship compared to my '01 Bullitt. I wanted to take it home, but ADM nonsense made it a no-deal for me. I hoped this new Mach would be an absolute GT killer like that '03, but nope. Maybe only road racing.
And the best part was when the 2005 mustang was shown aka the concept cars, sales of the 2004 mustangs tanked. I remember them selling mach 1s at list or A plan. Just greedy dealers