Sponsored

New LED turn signals, light at dash flashes very fast

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi, I put Vland sequential tail lights on my 2017 EU Ecoboost. They work great.
Yesterday I put as well new turn signals in front, amber sequential and white DRL combination. They all work well.
The only issue is that the light in the dash flashes really fast , all though on the outside all is fine. Might have to do with replacing a normal bulb with the leds in front? Is this solvable?
Here is a vid of it:

thx , Eric
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
IIRC this is due as you said to the bulbs replaced by leds. You need a resistor on the front turn signals to have the same current absorpion and the car 'believe' that you have the same bulbs as before.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
IIRC this is due as you said to the bulbs replaced by leds. You need a resistor on the front turn signals to have the same current absorpion and the car 'believe' that you have the same bulbs as before.
Either that or try disabling the the outage detection:

726-27-01 xxx* xxxx xxxx Front LED turn outage cfg: 0=no outage, 1=outage

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost

That is indeed what I found too. Did you post that movie on Youtube about that? Now I need to find someone with aan ODB2 reader ;-)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

This is a modern and updated way to solve the problem :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I have an additional problem. I only tested the lights with the acc switch on. All worked fine.
This morning I checked again, but now with the engine running. The DRL LEDS are flickering a bit and the seq.turn signal in the front does not do anything at all.
How can I fix this?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Which DRLs did you buy?

A similar issue happened with the Diode Dynamics DRL/blinking lights and the EU models. US models have no issue, but in EU models nobody solved it with OEM wiring.
With custom wiring (adding a relais(s)) you could probably solve this.

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Which DRLs did you buy?

A similar issue happened with the Diode Dynamics DRL/blinking lights and the EU models. US models have no issue, but in EU models nobody solved it with OEM wiring.
With custom wiring (adding a relais(s)) you could probably solve this.
I bought these ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000185648224.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d6PpLuN
As mentioned , on only contact , they work well. When engine is running, DRL flickers and Turnsignal does nothing.
I bought a few resistors which arrived today. I'll try it this week somewhere and let you know the outcome. Indeed for the turn signal , a relay might help as well if the resistor itself does not work.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
So when the engine is running two things happen. The voltage is a bit higher (around 14 volts) and the signal is a PWM signal (something like 80% on and 20% off). So I guess this makes the situation even worse without the resistors.

Try adding the resistors first, maybe that's all what is needed.

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So when the engine is running two things happen. The voltage is a bit higher (around 14 volts) and the signal is a PWM signal (something like 80% on and 20% off). So I guess this makes the situation even worse without the resistors.

Try adding the resistors first, maybe that's all what is needed.
I have tried to put a resistor at the DRL leds between ground wire and DRL positive. That works fine, also with the engine running. But I wonder how to connect the turn signal as there is only 1 ground wire coming out of the housing that is used both for the DRL as well as for the turn signal. See picture below. There is also a connection for the stock wiring of the small parking light, but when I connect that one, nothing happens.
So I only wonder how to connect the turnsignal now. With a relay? I want to give it a try as drawn below. Don't know if that will work with the engine running.

drl.jpg

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Did you test your turn signals with resistors but without the relay?

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
yes, did not work. I 'll try later with the relay.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Ok and please add a fuse as close as possible to the battery ;-)

OP
OP
OKP

OKP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Forgot to post the soluiton, as all works fine now. I have put both resistors and a relay in between and the lights work fine now. I put separate relays for each side to feed the turn signals and the DRL. Here is how it works (yes it is a EU model)

JazonX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason Bourne
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Forgot to post the soluiton, as all works fine now. I have put both resistors and a relay in between and the lights work fine now. I put separate relays for each side to feed the turn signals and the DRL. Here is how it works (yes it is a EU model)
Hey Bro!

I'm scratching my head with a problem very similar to yours where my car is behaving exactly like you described here.

My car doesnt turn on the indicators when the engine is running, and If the engine is off, The indicators work.Can you tell me exactly which resistors and in which combination did you use ?

Any help and your time is much appreciated !!
Sponsored