Sponsored

Is this the beginning of the end for Trump ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Right back at ya there Hoss.

The 79 deaths, while included in Wednesday's report, did not all occur in the past day. According to the health department, 53 of those deaths were from "death certificate matching" for deaths that occurred previously and the department is just identifying as COVID-related.
Right back at you - they are still dead

Nothing like the 0 you said for Monday.

You can try scoring points (which is a pointless exercise) or accept the reality that cases in Arizona are rising steeply and deaths starting to follow as expected.

If you like we can give it a couple of weeks and revisit the figures to see if your assertions prove to be correct (they won't)
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
So yet another thread...lol.

Quit reading after a few pages but as we all know in regards to the topic it will come down to independent voters in crucial states.

All of this will be a battle between the MSM/Liberal left to smear President Trump as much as possible with facts made up or otherwise.

Trump if he can ride the waves properly will be re-elected easily as the opposition candidate is weak and a previous multi-loser. He admits he gets tested every day for cognitive levels and wants a VP that can step in to fill his shoes day one....

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
All of this will be a battle between the MSM/Liberal left to smear President Trump as much as possible with facts made up or otherwise.

And the right wing media / Republican's to smear Biden with facts made up or otherwise.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Right back at you - they are still dead

Nothing like the 0 you said for Monday.

You can try scoring points (which is a pointless exercise) or accept the reality that cases in Arizona are rising steeply and deaths starting to follow as expected.

If you like we can give it a couple of weeks and revisit the figures to see if your assertions prove to be correct (they won't)
Yes, but you have no idea when they died, so the 79 is not representative of a daily death count. If 53 were previous, you can bet they were over a period of time, and may even be questionable COVID deaths if they were being evaluated for COD.

And the 0 came straight from the state's health department website as did the 9. I'll be keeping an eye on the trend for sure as many of the new cases are a much younger population. It's not like they're in nursing homes or on their last breath already.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So yet another thread...lol.

Quit reading after a few pages but as we all know in regards to the topic it will come down to independent voters in crucial states.

Trump if he can ride the waves properly will be re-elected easily as the opposition candidate is weak and a previous multi-loser. He admits he gets tested every day for cognitive levels and wants a VP that can step in to fill his shoes day one....
Playing devils advocate here, it would appear that you’d prefer a leader who will never admit any fault whatsoever over one who recognises his own potential short-comings...
Have a bit of a think about what that really means.
No, I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t vote Trump (or insert other preferred candidate here), but you’d have to admit that the best leaders are those who are not only willing to accept criticism, but actively encourage it in the interests of learning from it, or, being able to recognise when they are no longer the best person for the job.
Before anyone accuses me of supporting Biden, let me say that I think your options here appear to be severely limited. You’re being asked to choose who would do a “less shit” job of it.
This is not the same thing as finding an inspirational leader, full of novel ideas and a willingness to learn.
I think BOTH parties could easily find better leaders.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of funnies I found today.
768AA4EE-DE45-4B12-B75C-CFE36A3DE5B7.png
E5400C68-BF4D-4776-A400-6FEDA2C471DF.jpeg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the right wing media / Republican's to smear Biden with facts made up or otherwise.
Guess you forgot the title of the thread.

Playing devils advocate here, it would appear that you’d prefer a leader who will never admit any fault whatsoever over one who recognises his own potential short-comings...
Have a bit of a think about what that really means.
No, I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t vote Trump (or insert other preferred candidate here), but you’d have to admit that the best leaders are those who are not only willing to accept criticism, but actively encourage it in the interests of learning from it, or, being able to recognise when they are no longer the best person for the job.
Before anyone accuses me of supporting Biden, let me say that I think your options here appear to be severely limited. You’re being asked to choose who would do a “less shit” job of it.
This is not the same thing as finding an inspirational leader, full of novel ideas and a willingness to learn.
I think BOTH parties could easily find better leaders.
Again, show me leaders that admit their faults while in office...just does not happen. People want strong leaders that continue to inspire hope and prosperity. Typically after leaving office they will admit shortcomings usually in books.

And we never get the leaders we want. People that would make great leaders find our political system to not be worth the trouble and go make millions as a CEO somewhere else.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guess you forgot the title of the thread.

Again, show me leaders that admit their faults while in office...just does not happen. People want strong leaders that continue to inspire hope and prosperity. Typically after leaving office they will admit shortcomings usually in books.

And we never get the leaders we want. People that would make great leaders find our political system to not be worth the trouble and go make millions as a CEO somewhere else.
Here’s 7 in one very quick Google search and ALL of them are American,.
https://www.mic.com/articles/72705/7-times-u-s-presidents-have-admitted-they-were-wrong-in-history
Pay particular attention to the words of Reagan.

He famously said:
“Now, what should happen when you make a mistake is this: You take your knocks, you learn your lessons, and then you move on. That’s the healthiest way to deal with a problem… You know, by the time you reach my age, you’ve made plenty of mistakes. And if you’ve lived your life properly — so, you learn. You put things in perspective. You pull your energies together. You change. You go forward.”

Yeah, none of them have EVER admitted fault...

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

He famously said:
“Now, what should happen when you make a mistake is this: You take your knocks, you learn your lessons, and then you move on. That’s the healthiest way to deal with a problem… You know, by the time you reach my age, you’ve made plenty of mistakes. And if you’ve lived your life properly — so, you learn. You put things in perspective. You pull your energies together. You change. You go forward.”

Yeah, none of them have EVER admitted fault...
I only see Reagan's quote...no examples.

Also keep in mind the current media situation of the past 25 years. Any admission of fault would be run wild with. Just loom at how they run with fake news.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Also keep in mind the current media situation of the past 25 years. Any admission of fault would be run wild with. Just loom at how they run with fake news.
https://publicapologycentral.com/apologia-archive/political-2/ronald-reagan/
"First, let me say I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration. As angry as I may be about activities undertaken without my knowledge, I am still accountable for those activities. As disappointed as I may be in some who served me, I’m still the one who must answer to the American people for this behavior. And as personally distasteful as I find secret bank accounts and diverted funds – well, as the Navy would say, this happened on my watch."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29986729

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://publicapologycentral.com/apologia-archive/political-2/ronald-reagan/
"First, let me say I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration. As angry as I may be about activities undertaken without my knowledge, I am still accountable for those activities. As disappointed as I may be in some who served me, I’m still the one who must answer to the American people for this behavior. And as personally distasteful as I find secret bank accounts and diverted funds – well, as the Navy would say, this happened on my watch."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29986729
I believe I already stated I saw Reagan's quote...so keep 'em coming. Surely there must be more! Let's see some from Clinton and Obama too.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

My apologies, the link didn’t stick. Edited.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
https://www.mic.com/articles/72705/7-times-u-s-presidents-have-admitted-they-were-wrong-in-history
I don't think all of those were sincere. Apart from Reagan and Bush Sr., all the others sound like cheap non-apologies to me, just like kids who say "sorry" because they've been caught and know that's what you want to hear. Would Clinton have confessed and apologized if he hadn't been caught? Not likely. Was Kennedy indeed sorry for having ordered the invasion in the first place, or just for having failed? Most likely the latter. Would he have apologized for the invasion if it had been successful? Not likely.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.