This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I personally like it, but I have no need for the handling package, so I would go for the regular Mach 1. I might get one in 23 after my vert is paid in full and if there is still a good selection on the lots.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with it being a parts bin car, it just saves you money. Technically the original 64.5 mustang was a parts bin car, it was a reskinned falcon, and the 79-86 fox bodies were reskinned fairmonts. Also the 69-70 boss 9's were mach 1's with a stripe delete and a hood scoop added
Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I bet you 1 million Quatloos that a 10R80 equipped Mach1 will beat out a PP2, and maybe even a GT350. The PP2 was basically gimped from getting an auto/cooling to protect the Shelby badging.
I'll see your Quatloos and raise you 5 million Stanley nickels
upload_2020-7-1_12-19-24.jpeg

upload_2020-7-1_12-21-54.jpeg

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I bet you 1 million Quatloos that a 10R80 equipped Mach1 will beat out a PP2, and maybe even a GT350. The PP2 was basically gimped from getting an auto/cooling to protect the Shelby badging.
such an easy statement to make. Cowardly even.

You have everything and more from the PP2 in the Mach 1 except the tires and a faster tranny in the auto.

Now, if you were to say the A10 Mach 1 will beat the Mach 1 HP that could be a more difficult item to guarantee.

With the fact that the PP2 already beat a PP1 auto on this track:
https://www.cars.com/articles/musta...early, the PP2 is,so much more available grip.

I might say that the Mach 1 HP can do it also to the Mach 1 - A10. Who cares about straight lines when we talk about cars made to turn.

Bigger question would be, if the A10 is really not meant for the track, if the PP2 diff would die or the 2020 A10 would die first???

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Cowardly you say? Ok, the A10 Mach1 will also beat a 911 GT3RS, a Ferrari Testicleroaster, and Michael Schumacher on a unicycle.
Oh no! A Michael Schumacher joke. Bad Mik, bad!!!!

Yeah, I’m a big fan. :crying:

But the Testicleroaster is really funny. :like:

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I personally like it, but I have no need for the handling package, so I would go for the regular Mach 1. I might get one in 23 after my vert is paid in full and if there is still a good selection on the lots.

Honestly, I don't see an issue with it being a parts bin car, it just saves you money. Technically the original 64.5 mustang was a parts bin car, it was a reskinned falcon, and the 79-86 fox bodies were reskinned fairmonts. Also the 69-70 boss 9's were mach 1's with a stripe delete and a hood scoop added

I agree completely! I especially like have a choice of base or track oriented versions.
......and the 03-04 Mach1 used the 99-01 Cobra motor adding 45 HP over the GT (the 2021 Mach1 is 45 more than my 2015 GT) upgraded shocks, different seat pattern, unique wheels, slightly different front end, one unique color. I see a lot of similarities the more I think about it.
Parts bin, of course.
Any radical new body, suspension, hybrid power, etc are for the S650 in two years.
I say if we get Sync4 it would be a bonus, but not necessary.
I like it and would like to have one, just have to be patient if the price is too high.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Mach1= Part bin GT PP1/PP2. In auto it makes absolutely no sense. It’s basically a sticker package with trans and rear diff cooler. 2 parts worth less than $1k. It’s only and It’s debatable, worth it in manual with the Tremec trans and the handling package. The 10R80 trans is the exact same car. Lastly pretty sure the new bumper minus the grille and rear diffuser and fake exhaust tips will be the exact bumper on the 2021 GT Same as the bullit has the same bumper with a different grille and rear diffuser. This Mustang is the least impressive car ford has released.
No, that was every Mustang after 2004 to 2010.

I think it's hilarious that everyone crapping on this car has an 18+ already. Well no kidding, it's highly similar to all of them with some minor tweaks, a great transmission, visuals, suspension, aero, and coolers that should have been there a long time ago.

The new Mach 1 is still better and more capable than a 15-17 GT with mods. This is a great upgrade for people who didn't trade in or sell yet for the Gen3 coyote.

Cars like these aren't going to be around much longer without hybrid drivetrains or full electric. I'd happily keep this one for a long time and enjoy driving the hell out of it. Not to mention given the current world situation, I'm glad Ford is still able to give us Mustangs of all flavors.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Zero chance it'll be faster than a gt350, it weighs more and has less power.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
The new Mach 1 is still better and more capable than a 15-17 GT with mods. This is a great upgrade for people who didn't trade in or sell yet for the Gen3 coyote.
The 15-17 is pretty capable with mods, not as much as a gen3 esp with e85 but it wouldn’t be ridiculously hard to get to the Mach I’s power. Ford Performance’s power pack 3 is only 8 hp short and that’s a conservatively tuned, warranteed package using stock exhaust. It’s 91+ only but you implied a stock Mach I. And it costs $2K versus the massive chunk of change to go to a Mach I. The Mach would be a nice upgrade but stock engine-wise a 15-17 can get there with mods for far less. If you intend to toss the warranty and go e85 the gen2 couldn’t keep up na.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The 15-17 is pretty capable with mods, not as much as a gen3 esp with e85 but it wouldn’t be ridiculously hard to get to the Mach I’s power. Ford Performance’s power pack 3 is only 8 hp short and that’s a conservatively tuned, warranteed package using stock exhaust. It’s 91+ only but you implied a stock Mach I. And it costs $2K versus the massive chunk of change to go to a Mach I. The Mach would be a nice upgrade but stock engine-wise a 15-17 can get there with mods for far less. If you intend to toss the warranty and go e85 the gen2 couldn’t keep up na.
This.

The Mach doesn't even come close to moving the needle enough for me to bump from what I have, which would be ~$25K-30K and my existing car. Too close to the same thing for that kind of money. I've already got suspension mods, and could eclipse the Mach entirely with an Aluminator XS swap and other tasty suspension/cooling bits for less.

Yeah, yeah, "it's not a Mach 1", blah, blah, blah. If I didn't already have a 5.0 S550 I'd be in the Mach's corner, but since I do the only S550 in the lineup that has the hardware to justify a trade for me is the GT500.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This.

The Mach doesn't even come close to moving the needle enough for me to bump from what I have, which would be ~$25K-30K and my existing car. Too close to the same thing for that kind of money. I've already got suspension mods, and could eclipse the Mach entirely with an Aluminator XS swap and other tasty suspension/cooling bits for less.

Yeah, yeah, "it's not a Mach 1", blah, blah, blah. If I didn't already have a 5.0 S550 I'd be in the Mach's corner, but since I do the only S550 in the lineup that has the hardware to justify a trade for me is the GT500.
The Mach 1 is not for everyone. It's for those who want it. No different than any other car on the market. And of course a highly modified S550 will run rings around a Mach 1. It all depends on what the owner wants.

No, your car is not a Mach 1, never will be. But your car is not a GT350/GT500 either. It's your car, and if your happy with it, well nuff said. Now if your a person with a 15'-17' S550 and love the look of a Mach 1, that's a match made in heaven.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
With full bolt ons and E85, I'll be lucky to hit 460 whp on my 17 GT. I need to get my car on a Dyno to really see where I am at. Just adding a tune alone on the Mach 1 would get me passed those numbers and likely without the headaches of tune swapping for emissions because of long tube headers. The Gen3 Coyote is really a great upgrade.

There's plenty of people always wanting to go fast in a straight line. Then there's the rest of us who love to go find the twisty roads or drive on a real race track a few times. I'm happy that the Mach 1 caters more to handling. The horsepower amount is plenty. The transmission is better over my MT-82 even with a fluid swap and MGW shifter. The aero and cooling is better. Rather than add aftermarket coolers to my current car, the Mach 1 has them OEM. Magneride is also standard which I don't have.

These are just some of the reasons why I'm leaning towards getting a Mach 1.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
It's because of how flat the top end is. The a10 can just hang out in the powerband the whole run.
Yep it’s a brilliant combination. Too good, I’m fact...too many people are choosing it and I’m worried Ford will drop the manual for the S650 (foregone conclusion if it’s hybrid only). Here’s hoping plenty of people go with the Tremec for the M1. Slower but should be super fun.
Sponsored