CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Fathouse has their 600r kit which is NA 600rwhp....thats all u need imho
That package only produces around 530 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER which equates to about 600 horsepower AT THE CRANK. Big difference between the two. Those runs were also STD smoothing 5 and not SAE smoothing 5. That also makes a difference as the STD # isn't corrected for atmospheric conditions where the dyno session is being conducted at. All sorts of things can make those #'s bigger or smaller in regards to temperature, humidity, altitude, etc.

It's basically a JLT CAI, Stainless Works L/T's and H-Pipe, and E85 Tune with a bunch of under-hood dress-up stuff that does nothing for actual power production.

You can see the exact package here:

https://www.fathouseperformance.com/performance-package/platform/2016-gt350/package/600r-flex-fuel

Dyno Video here:

To make 530rwhp on these cars and it be done on SAE smoothing 5, it's probably going to need:

- 1-7/8" L/T's with O/R mid-pipe and aftermarket cat-back (just for good measure)
- JLT CAI (minimal gain)
- Carbon-Fiber Driveshaft
- A good amount of timing
- E85 that actually tests at 85% ethanol content or race E85 i.e. Ignite or One Ethanol.

You might be able to squeeze a little more out if you went with American Racing Headers 2" L/T system, but you may run into potential fitment issues and need to utilize BMR motor mount brackets and/or BMR adjustable motor mounts to make them fit without any kind of clearance issues. I've never seen anyone run them on their car so I have no idea what kind of gains could be had with the larger diameter L/T's on a max-effort N/A build.

No idea what an AFS ported GT350 TB might be worth on a max effort N/A build either so that could be another few ponies to be had and squeezed out.

To get beyond that point, you're going to have to do either ported heads, cams, ported stock intake (waste of time/money), aftermarket intake manifold, or any combination of those. You're going to need to have a good, healthy budget for that, and once you're done with those items you'd kind of be stupid not to put some boost to it.

I've only seen two cars with full exhaust, CAI, E85, and ported heads. That was HoneyBadger's car and the orange Frankenstein Engine Dynamics test mule car for their GT350 head porting program. Neither car was dyno'd on a Dynojet so there is no real way of knowing what they truly make in terms of industry-standard #'s i.e. Dynojet SAE Smoothing 5. Only estimates and guesses. Any other cars that have had ported heads are forced induction cars so that skews the #'s on what they are actually worth on a maxed-out N/A car.

There are several companies that do head porting so you have options there.

Cams are currently limited only to L&M Engines as far as I know.

Intake manifold options are:

- Porting the stock intake manifold (waste of time/money)
- Ford Racing Cobra Jet or AFS ported Ford Racing Cobra Jet (will probably require lowering your motor with aftermarket motor mounts and will require a twin-blade TB and Cobra Jet CAI)
- Plazmaman Billet Intake Manifold (Accepts Stock TB's)
- Frankenstein Engine Dynamics "Predator" (Non-Intercooled) and "Bulldog" (Intercooled) Billet Intake Manifolds (Accepts stock TB's).

The Cobra Jet you can get from anywhere at any time, but definitely is going to require some modifications for it to fit and additional pieces for it to work correctly.

Plazmaman is currently readily available to purchase and take immediate delivery of.

Frankenstein Engine Dynamics is very close to delivering their first set of non-intercooled billet intake manifolds.

Most of this stuff is for high-end builds or for all-out race cars. Most guys looking for big power don't even bother with this stuff because for the money you spend on it, they can just go throw a Whipple on top, get a ProCharger, or do a twin-turbo kit and have no need to touch anything else on it because you can easily produce 700-800rwhp on 93 octane (or E85) with the stock intake manifold, stock heads, and stock cams with relatively low boost. 700rwhp is probably more than this car could produce N/A unless you got stupid with the compression ratio with aftermarket rods/pistons. It's also more power than they will probably ever need or could realistically handle on the street.

These additional items outside the normal bolt-ons are either for guys who are dead-set on just being max-effort N/A guys or are looking for ways to make more power without having to hit the motor with a ton of boost to produce 1,000+ rwhp.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Usually with fatfab (and seeing their dyno numbers) the 600 would have meant rear wheel. No biggy. Still a lot of power.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
L&M has GT350 Voodoo specific cams available now. No loss under 5000 RPM and gains above.
Last I looked Michael @ L&M still hadn't posted actual dyno results of the FPC version cams. I think I recall something about a revised version to net better low end versus initial cams design. ?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Last I looked Michael @ L&M still hadn't posted actual dyno results of the FPC version cams. I think I recall something about a revised version to net better low end versus initial cams design. ?
I talked to Mike last fall when they were still early. So that was just his words. But that would be interesting if there's some revisions coming.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
?? You aware of a good option coming to market for us NA guys?
I'll update on here once everything is completed. Car is currently down and awaiting some of said parts.

Some I have in-hand, some I'm waiting to be finished off, and some I'll have to wait until the motor is pulled out of the car.

Starting with suspension right now so the rear cradle is out and doing a full BMR suite, DSS 2000HP halfshafts, QA1 CF Driveshaft, etc.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You boys ready to see some of that sauce here soon? :punch:

GbFTz3UQ.jpg

Y6-ri3Q.jpg

4ApdRk3g.jpg
Definitely better machining work than RGR did on my heads. FED looks like they do great work!

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Well boys, as promised here they are, fresh from Frankenstein Engine Dynamics:

iQQfdnAQ.jpg
1Bl-SaoA.jpg
RJMcYIXw.jpg
oKbcoq-Q.jpg
1u7ONVWg.jpg

Going in there will be L&M Engine's FPC Voodoo spec cams:

C9wO4SGA.jpg

And we'll be topping it all off with Frankenstein Engine Dynamic's new billet intake manifold:

LZdm1Xkw.jpg

Stay tuned for more information as we get these installed on the car and get it tuned.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Can you tell us more about the intake manifold? That's a nice piece of work!

Well boys, as promised here they are, fresh from Frankenstein Engine Dynamics:

iQQfdnAQ.jpg
1Bl-SaoA.jpg
RJMcYIXw.jpg
oKbcoq-Q.jpg
1u7ONVWg.jpg

Going in there will be L&M Engine's FPC Voodoo spec cams:

C9wO4SGA.jpg

And we'll be topping it all off with Frankenstein Engine Dynamic's new billet intake manifold:

LZdm1Xkw.jpg

Stay tuned for more information as we get these installed on the car and get it tuned.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Can you tell us more about the intake manifold? That's a nice piece of work!
Obviously it's billet. Accepts the stock TB. Has it's own fuel rails. Has an SFI-certified burst pannel. You can get them in the polished version like mine or black anodized.

Supposed to better than any current intake manifold on the market, ported or not. We'll see.

FED is only like an hour from my place here in Dallas so I'm extremely lucky to be that close to them and have them as a partner/resource on my build. They are just as anxious as I am to see how this H/C/I setup works and what kind of power it makes.
Sponsored