Steeda's Bullitt Mustang Dyno Test & Tune

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I got my X4 back from SCT and its now divorced. James made me a custom tune for my Bullitt which I put in this afternoon. The tuner first downloads the stock data then installs the custom tune, which takes a while. I admit I got a little freaked out during the flashing when the whole car went totally dead. A little unnerving. But when the flash was done, the whole car came on like throwing a master switch. Started up and first thing I noticed is the instant throttle response with zeo delay. Power came on smoother and felt more torque in the low and mid rpm range. I think im a happy camper.
Now get it dynode and report back!
Sponsored

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Hey I know this thread is old but I’m interested in this tune. I’m wondering if all these gains you guys are talking about is just from the tune on the stock bullitt with no other mods? If so, i can just put this tune on my stock bullitt and I’ll see performance gains without doing any damage to the car?

Fishhook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey I know this thread is old but I’m interested in this tune. I’m wondering if all these gains you guys are talking about is just from the tune on the stock bullitt with no other mods? If so, i can just put this tune on my stock bullitt and I’ll see performance gains without doing any damage to the car?
All I had done to mine was a resonator delete and steeda tune. Top end wasn't anything you could feel but the 30 to 40 lb ft of torque down low from 2 to 4000 rpm was a big difference. Also throttle response was greatly improved. Hope this helps!

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
All I had done to mine was a resonator delete and steeda tune. Top end wasn't anything you could feel but the 30 to 40 lb ft of torque down low from 2 to 4000 rpm was a big difference. Also throttle response was greatly improved. Hope this helps!
So without the resonator delete on just a stock bullitt I’ll see those improvements?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Resonator delete makes it sound so much meaner though!
How about inside the cabin? And specifically, in quiet mode? How much louder is inside (windows closed) compared to stock while cruising around 75-100? Thx.

Great! Have you had any problems with the warranty?
Well, you won't until you need it :D. A tune irreversibly violates an electronic seal all modern ECUs have. Dealers can't see that, but most manufacturers nowadays, especially on claims from sports cars, automatically ask dealers to download the ECU to them before authorizing any drivetrain claim, where they'd immediately see if it was tuned or not, even if the stock tune was flashed back. So there's a very real risk you might be denied warranty if an engine problem occurs. So my suggestion is if you go ahead with a tune, do it assuming that will be the case. If you can manage to get a claim approved, awesome. But assuming the opposite is just stupid IMO. And forget about the Magnusson-Moss warranty act. Tampering with the ECU is actually a federal crime, even though it's hardly ever prosecuted. So good luck getting a jury that would rule in your favor, especially against Ford corporate lawyers.

Bottom line for me is this. The car is plenty quick as it is. And with all the damn engine noises these engines have, which could very well be the detrimental type (piston slap, eventual bearing damage due to excessive tolerances, rod knock, etc), I wouldn't even think about that, but if you're willing to run the risk, and REALLY need more power, then good luck :).

Sponsored

Fishhook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How about inside the cabin? And specifically, in quiet mode? How much louder is inside (windows closed) compared to stock while cruising around 75-100? Thx.

It's not bad when cruising unless your in track mode. In quite mode you can't even tell you took them off. In normal it is louder but not bad until you want it to be. I would say 10 db louder than stock.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase

Well, you won't until you need it :D. A tune irreversibly violates an electronic seal all modern ECUs have. Dealers can't see that, but most manufacturers nowadays, especially on claims from sports cars, automatically ask dealers to download the ECU to them before authorizing any drivetrain claim, where they'd immediately see if it was tuned or not, even if the stock tune was flashed back. So there's a very real risk you might be denied warranty if an engine problem occurs. So my suggestion is if you go ahead with a tune, do it assuming that will be the case. If you can manage to get a claim approved, awesome. But assuming the opposite is just stupid IMO. And forget about the Magnusson-Moss warranty act. Tampering with the ECU is actually a federal crime, even though it's hardly ever prosecuted. So good luck getting a jury that would rule in your favor, especially against Ford corporate lawyers.

Bottom line for me is this. The car is plenty quick as it is. And with all the damn engine noises these engines have, which could very well be the detrimental type (piston slap, eventual bearing damage due to excessive tolerances, rod knock, etc), I wouldn't even think about that, but if you're willing to run the risk, and REALLY need more power, then good luck :).
the warranty act will apply to the resonator delete, just like a catback will. but he is correct you could be denied warranty for tampering with the computer tune.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
the warranty act will apply to the resonator delete, just like a catback will. but he is correct you could be denied warranty for tampering with the computer tune.
that’s why when you take it in.... set it backs to stock... or get a “do not flash”insert!!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
that’s why when you take it in.... set it backs to stock... or get a “do not flash”insert!!
They can still tell. There is a "key turn" counter that resets when you flash/unflash your PCM. If you have like 5000 miles but just 2 Key Turn's they are gonna know you didn't drive the car just 2 times and average 2500 miles each time.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Well said brother Texan ! :wink:
Sponsored