Question for Turbo guys on wastegate only

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just had a quick question for the turbo guys running boost off wastegate. How much boost are you actually seeing vs your spring? Right now I have a 6 psi spring but I see 5.58 max boost in my logs. I know it's a 6 psi spring and that's what it "should" make but in every other turbo car I've built normally the car makes more than the spring (IE 6 psi spring making 6.5-7.5). I do have a boost controller and can easy adjust it up higher but im just curious what others are seeing. I am running turbo guards instead of air filters and thought about pulling them to see if anything changes but im afraid of sucking debri in there. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I have a boost controller on my hellion sleeper kit.

If I have the controller off and only running wastegate pressure on the 7lb spring I see about 5.5-6psi on the boost controller gauge.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a boost controller on my hellion sleeper kit.

If I have the controller off and only running wastegate pressure on the 7lb spring I see about 5.5-6psi on the boost controller gauge.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear I guess these cars just have that much back pressure. We are about the same so I need to just turn it up and not worry, lol. Thanks!

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Usually you will see it slightly fluctuate from the spring by about a pound or less give or take. Wastegates do a pretty good job of keeping it under control.
Sponsored