Sponsored

20,000 miles and no PPF??

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
A lot of it has to do with the roads you take, the type of driving you do and what tires you're running. For me, I run backroads of NC. They're covered in pebble and I'm taking kiss your ass type curves as fast I can so my rear impact areas are taking a beating from the rocks the tires (cup2's/R88R's) are throwing back at them when cornering... XPEL resolves this though.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of it has to do with the roads you take, the type of driving you do and what tires you're running. For me, I run backroads of NC. They're covered in pebble and I'm taking kiss your ass type curves as fast I can so my rear impact areas are taking a beating from the rocks the tires (cup2's/R88R's) are throwing back at them when cornering... XPEL resolves this though.
I agree. I thought that taking it to the track really beats them up body wise, but I think the back roads are worse. I drove my 2019 early spring with the cup2's before the major rain washed things away and i was gritting my teeth and cringing as I heard all the rocks, pebbles, dirt, etc fly up from those sticky tires. I put MPPS on and it's much much better. Going to be getting Xpel put on at least the front bumper and maybe the hind quarters.... I have the front mud flaps on to prevent the rock spittage along the front areas.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I agree. I thought that taking it to the track really beats them up body wise, but I think the back roads are worse. I drove my 2019 early spring with the cup2's before the major rain washed things away and i was gritting my teeth and cringing as I heard all the rocks, pebbles, dirt, etc fly up from those sticky tires. I put MPPS on and it's much much better. Going to be getting Xpel put on at least the front bumper and maybe the hind quarters.... I have the front mud flaps on to prevent the rock spittage along the front areas.
I'd recommend those hind quarters for sure! Even with the mud flaps on there mine were beat to shit in 1200 miles of driving with cup2's. I had to do paint correction. The cup2's after aggressive driving looked like you'd glued the rocks to their surfaces. it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. The R888R's dont visually appear to be that sticky no matter the condition but I get way better traction with them. The science of tires is mind boggling to me lol.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend those hind quarters for sure! Even with the mud flaps on there mine were beat to shit in 1200 miles of driving with cup2's. I had to do paint correction. The cup2's after aggressive driving looked like you'd glued the rocks to their surfaces. it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. The R888R's dont visually appear to be that sticky no matter the condition but I get way better traction with them. The science of tires is mind boggling to me lol.
Yes, I agree. I read Ross Bentley's Speed Secrets book and goes over the dynamics of tires, weight distribution, grip, etc... and it's still comes down to the laws of gravity and science. We're just doing it with much better hardware!
Sponsored