Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you've said affordable but the ones from Optimum Performance are worth the money - they have a flange that simulates hub surface for the wheels to sit on and they're not that much more than bolt ons.
Those do look very nice. However, to my eyes, they don't appear to be functionally different that some others, such as the ones offered from CJ (also hub centric with the lip), for 1/4 the cost. I can appreciate that the OP spacers would be lighter, reducing unsprung mass, etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
These don't appear to be hub centric.
correct. Get 6" worth of 3.5OD/2.5ID AL6061, cut to 34mm long, cut one end ID to 70.6mm x 10mm depth, cut the OD of the other end to 70.5mm by 9mm deep.

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think if I can't get the ones from CJ Pony, I'll just get a pair of these, tap out the studs, and slide them over the longer ARP studs. It would give me a 1" 6061 billet hubcentric slip on adapter for $50 pair. I can't see how this functionally any different than buying a comparable slip on spacer.
ebay spacers.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
those will be 48grams lighter than the CJ parts.

edit: 48 grams is a made up number. basically an inconsequential weight savings.

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I think if I can't get the ones from CJ Pony, I'll just get a pair of these, tap out the studs, and slide them over the longer ARP studs. It would give me a 1" 6061 billet hubcentric slip on adapter for $50 pair. I can't see how this functionally any different than buying a comparable slip on spacer.
That's a fine idea, however the problem is you still have the stock studs which are now being stressed even more by the addition of the spacer. Not that it's not safe for normal driving, but I wouldn't do it for the track.

You should be replacing the OEM studs with this setup anyway for any sort of competitive driving, at which point why even bother replacing the studs on the spacers. Just pop the studs out and run them as slip on spacers.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a fine idea, however the problem is you still have the stock studs which are now being stressed even more by the addition of the spacer. Not that it's not safe for normal driving, but I wouldn't do it for the track.

You should be replacing the OEM studs with this setup anyway for any sort of competitive driving, at which point why even bother replacing the studs on the spacers. Just pop the studs out and run them as slip on spacers.
Read closer..."slide them over longer ARP studs".

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any suggestions for open steel lug nuts to use with the GT7 wheels? I bought a set of White Knights, but they seem to have an awfully small seating surface (OE shown for comparison). I'd feel better with a bigger "cone" on the bottom of the lug.
2ZRq837EroijNKIPru-Fh2VUpfZH47NGzClcwm1OCBOcwkLEfLYRxqHKPlhIEyGf5HEooKEu=w964-h723-no?authuser=0.jpg
I got the Ford Performance open lug nuts today. Definitely look better than the little White Knight lugs. I will feel much better using the FP nuts at the track.
WPPzgD44nincbqNTKsC3slxsfeSBHHY9CUd5DYKQKo0DfCZdLGChJjAB92ltBiaSP9smPxd4=w964-h723-no?authuser=0.jpg

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the new track wheels and tires on. They fit fine, 2mm clearance up front between strut and sidewall (good thing I went with 1" spacers). A little poke out in front. If I was buying street wheels/tires, I'd go with something a bit smaller in front. I just don't care for wheels poking out beyond the fenders. But for the track, it's fine.

SVE wheels.jpg
SVW Wheels 2.jpg

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what camber is for :). Once you're up over -2 it gets pulled in at the top.
Well, I was at -1.5 deg, before I installed the BMR camber bolts. I set these to max negative camber, which I understand can add about another degree or so. I haven't had it aligned, but that should put it around -2.5. Keep in mind the FP Track Pack also lowered it about an inch.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll take a picture of mine with the same width/offset and -3.2 deg front camber.
You have camber plates, correct? I'm assuming -2.5 is about the max I can get now. And this is still a daily driver, so I'm not sure much more camber is really in the cards for me.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my first opportunity to try out the new wheels and tires (Supercar 3R) last night at Autobahn Country Club. WOW! What a difference. There were several corners that I used to have to feather the throttle a bit as I went through. Now, just hold it to the floor and it just sticks. And obviously braking was amazing too. These wheels/tires really allow the FP Track Pack suspension to shine. With the Firestone Indy 500s, the grip just wasn't there. Honestly, I was a little disappointed, thinking maybe the suspension setup wasn't quite what I hoped it to be. No worries now. Without a doubt, the performance level of the car is now WAY ahead of where it was with the stock PP suspension a P-Zeros. Happy camper!
IMG_20200729_162655.jpg
Sponsored