Roush Supercharger Installer in Sacramento

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
I am looking for a supercharger installer in the Sacramento area. Someone good and reasonable. To get the Roush warranty it must be a Ford dealer or ASC certified installer.
Hope you have some good recomendations.

Thanks,

Ken
Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I am looking for a supercharger installer in the Sacramento area. Someone good and reasonable. To get the Roush warranty it must be a Ford dealer or ASC certified installer.
Hope you have some good recomendations.

Thanks,

Ken
Advanced Engine Development in Sacramento,Ca

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
You won't regret it either. I have the Stage 1 w/ Borla exhaust. Turns a great car into an amazing car. Good luck- gotta be some good installers out there somewhere....Enjoy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobraracer79

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Go by his shop and you will be impressed by his knowledge of the Supercharged Ford Mustangs!

Options a little limited, tried AED but they don't have any ASE certified mechanics so the warranty would not be valid. Talked to Folsom Lake Ford and they did not have a clue and did not want to touch it. Went by Future Ford in Roseville (they sell performance parts) they sounded pretty good and knowledgeable and are trying to increase there performance work. Actually a few hundred less than what AED quoted. We will see how it goes.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Options a little limited, tried AED but they don't have any ASE certified mechanics so the warranty would not be valid. Talked to Folsom Lake Ford and they did not have a clue and did not want to touch it. Went by Future Ford in Roseville (they sell performance parts) they sounded pretty good and knowledgeable and are trying to increase there performance work. Actually a few hundred less than what AED quoted. We will see how it goes.
Any update?

OP
OP
Cobraracer79

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Any update?
I did have Future Ford in Roseville do the install. Nice clean installation, looks like factory, I just need to get a couple spacers for the strut tower bace and it will be done.

So far so good, but not a lot of miles on it yet, going to have some fun over the weekend and see how it does. Seems to run great!!!

Ken

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
What was the total cost if you don’t mind sharing.

OP
OP
Cobraracer79

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Install by Ford was $2,250, The quote from AED was $2,500.

Sponsored

leviathan21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Install by Ford was $2,250, The quote from AED was $2,500.
I inquired to the same dealership the other day. I was quoted $10,500 for the Ford Performance Supercharger (which, as I'm told.. is the same as the phase 1 Roush supercharger) and of course the installation of it.

Joe, I believe his name was.. told me that he recommends changing out the oil pump gears as well.. which all in he quoted me for $12,500 (700 HP Ford Performance Supercharger, Oil Pump Gears, and the installation of everything).

Seem like a lot of money for a supercharger / install...

I originally inquired about the Phase 2 Roush Supercharger (750 HP) because it came with the larger inter-cooler up front, but the guy at Ford Performance in Roseville said that Roush is backed up and wouldn't be able to get the Superchager until late August or September... (I obviously live in Sacramento, CA.. but I didn't want to get it right when it starts getting colder.. what fun is that? LOL)

Again, the guy are Ford Performance in Roseville told me tha the Ford Performance Supercharger is exactly the same as the Roush Phase 1 Supercharger (700 HP) and I could upgrade to the 750 HP Inter-cooler and Tune at a later date if I wanted. (Although that costs even more money)

I'm just wondering if $12,500 is too much to spend on a 700 HP Supercharger and to upgrade the oil pump gears.. (not sure if it's necessary or not, although I looked it up and I guess they Oil Pump gears can fail?)

Any Thoughts?

Cobraracer79: Did you end up getting the gears changed? Did they mention that to you at all?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a 2020 Mustang GT 6-spd fully loaded with magnaride, etc. (currently has just 1,200 miles on it)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobraracer79

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
I inquired to the same dealership the other day. I was quoted $10,500 for the Ford Performance Supercharger (which, as I'm told.. is the same as the phase 1 Roush supercharger) and of course the installation of it.

Joe, I believe his name was.. told me that he recommends changing out the oil pump gears as well.. which all in he quoted me for $12,500 (700 HP Ford Performance Supercharger, Oil Pump Gears, and the installation of everything).

Seem like a lot of money for a supercharger / install...

I originally inquired about the Phase 2 Roush Supercharger (750 HP) because it came with the larger inter-cooler up front, but the guy at Ford Performance in Roseville said that Roush is backed up and wouldn't be able to get the Superchager until late August or September... (I obviously live in Sacramento, CA.. but I didn't want to get it right when it starts getting colder.. what fun is that? LOL)

Again, the guy are Ford Performance in Roseville told me tha the Ford Performance Supercharger is exactly the same as the Roush Phase 1 Supercharger (700 HP) and I could upgrade to the 750 HP Inter-cooler and Tune at a later date if I wanted. (Although that costs even more money)

I'm just wondering if $12,500 is too much to spend on a 700 HP Supercharger and to upgrade the oil pump gears.. (not sure if it's necessary or not, although I looked it up and I guess they Oil Pump gears can fail?)

Any Thoughts?

Cobraracer79: Did you end up getting the gears changed? Did they mention that to you at all?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a 2020 Mustang GT 6-spd fully loaded with magnaride, etc. (currently has just 1,200 miles on it)
I have not looked in to the upgrading the oil pump gears, not really sure what is involved. I did not end up getting the oil pump gears changed. If I was doing a lot of track days it may be a good idea, I am not sure. I have fun driving on the street and Autocrossing which is a lot shorter event.
Sponsored