Disappointed in CJ Pony Parts

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Well. After I sent the pictures of the Drake Rear panel being defective, I have yet to hear back from CJ Pony Part for my RO. I wish I knew how their customer service was before I purchased stuff from them. Its a shame to say the least. People like me are just tired of Companies stating a great "No Hassle" return policy just to find out after you bought a defective part from them, they then try so hard not to except the return. My goodness, the panel cost me $175. In my line of work, integrity is everything. "O" Well. I do thank the people on this forum for the help. Have a Great Day
Sponsored

IntenseGT

In The Air of The Night
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19' GT MT PP1 PREM AE MR - MAGNETIC
Their customer service has been a bit lack luster as of late, but i'm sure they're on a skeleton crew right now with everything going on. Keep trying.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Well. After I sent the pictures of the Drake Rear panel being defective, I have yet to hear back from CJ Pony Part for my RO. I wish I knew how their customer service was before I purchased stuff from them. Its a shame to say the least. People like me are just tired of Companies stating a great "No Hassle" return policy just to find out after you bought a defective part from them, they then try so hard not to accept the return. My goodness, the panel cost me $175. In my line of work, integrity is everything. "O" Well. I do thank the people on this forum for the help. Have a Great Day

Call CJ, call them daily.

Like all marketing, the APPEARANCE of integrity is all that matters. With the fact the BBB means nothing, and that most people say little about an imperfect item(depending on what it is) there is little reason to care unless there is a massive stink made on social media. I was reading a thing recently that as long as it says "Made in America" people will even complain LESS about a malformed or incorrect item because they think "well least it's helping Americans", but if it says "Made in China" or nearly any other country people will raise a huge stink about it and say "well, of course, it's crap what did I expect" as if it's okay for Americans to pump out crap but not other countries.

Marketing has a huge influence on people nowadays.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Their customer service has been a bit lack luster as of late, but i'm sure they're on a skeleton crew right now with everything going on. Keep trying.
This. These last few months have been a nightmare for most "essential employees." It's busier than christmas, where I work, and we're on a skeleton crew. I have a friend who works in returns for a retail store and he has anywhere from 50 to 100 returns tossed his way daily. That's 100 people who all want the special snowflake treatment from one single person, who's tired of working 60 hour work weeks, and just wants to go home.

Companies need some slack. CJ's situation may not be far off from my friend's. In that case, you're just one of many returns one person is trying to keep up with. Be patient or give them a call.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I had serious issues with 2 orders. Never returned my calls. Once I got a hold of a real human being, he was rude and definitely not service orientated. So, I contacted the CC company and filed a dispute. They never disputed it. Either there are some employees trying to sabotage the company or it is a serious lack of business acumen. Either way, I will never buy from them again.

Videos are cool, though!

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
This. These last few months have been a nightmare for most "essential employees." It's busier than christmas, where I work, and we're on a skeleton crew. I have a friend who works in returns for a retail store and he has anywhere from 50 to 100 returns tossed his way daily. That's 100 people who all want the special snowflake treatment from one single person, who's tired of working 60 hour work weeks, and just wants to go home.

Companies need some slack. CJ's situation may not be far off from my friend's. In that case, you're just one of many returns one person is trying to keep up with. Be patient or give them a call.
I gave them months and calls, calls, calls. This was before the Covid thing. CJ has serious issues.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Luckily I haven't had issues with CJ. I did just have a 2 month battle with American Muscle though and now finally just got a refund.
Cervini's though I'm already seeing problems. Ordered a hood and side scoops. Used paypal for the hood, card for the scoops. They were having yahoo merchant issues and from what they say they refunded everyone that they had issues with. I don't see a refund so this should be fun to see if I still see my part. I've been messaging them daily.
Seems all of these places are lacking lately.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I gave them months and calls, calls, calls. This was before the Covid thing. CJ has serious issues.
If it's as you say then I'd have to agree with your sentiment.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
They worked with me on an issue I had with the exhaust system I purchased from them.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I did just have a 2 month battle with American Muscle though and now finally just got a refund.
AM was king about 10 years ago and before. I the last 2 years I’ve done 3 orders. They trashed me on everything. I wouldn’t get them business if they’d pay me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I will Try again next week. Thanks for your suggestion.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
AM was king about 10 years ago and before. I the last 2 years I’ve done 3 orders. They trashed me on everything. I wouldn’t get them business if they’d pay me.
I've had good luck with Summit Racing the few times I've ordered from them. AM screwed up one of my orders, but CJs has been been fairly reliable. I've never ordered from LMR, they're always more expensive compared to the competition.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I've had good luck with Summit Racing the few times I've ordered from them. AM screwed up one of my orders, but CJs has been been fairly reliable. I've never ordered from LMR, they're always more expensive compared to the competition.
I "WILL-NOT" be ordering from CJ for they do not stand by their products quality, SAD to see. I will not be ordering from them again. My AM orders have been without issue and I did return a product with no problems, BUT; they are more expensive than CJ's but not as high as Cardi. I have used Summit back in the day when I raced and they were a good company to do business with. I like Lethal Performance for they have always answered my emails, questions pertaining to mods and other questions. We as buyers do not need to be treated like crap from companies taking our money. Take care

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
If it's as you say then I'd have to agree with your sentiment.
I have given up trying to return the defective Drake Rear Panel. I was emailed by Drake themselves and they said I had to go through CJ. I was contacted on two different occasions in the past month asking to give pictures. I sent the pictures and now after two more weeks no response. I will throw the defective Drake Panel in the garbage next Monday and be done with it. Good luck.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Dont want to make excuses for companies, but Online Retail Sites is doing great in sales, but is still struggling due to the Pandemic. This could be the results of a few things

1) Companies laid off/furloughed people before the pandemic started so they are short on staff
2) Once the Stimulus checks arrived a few months ago, sales started to blow up, and due to the lack of staff, whether it be in a warehouse or customer service department, they dont have the man power to keep up
3) Companies brought employees back/hired new people, but the sales are still through the roof, they are trying to get stuff done as fast as possible
4) Wouldnt be surprised if you called a CJ, AM, LMR, Summit, etc... you are probably dealing with a brand new Customer Service person that was hired within the past few weeks........so the CS Experience may be terrible for people.

I have heard one Automotive Retail Company, the warehouse people walked out because of working conditions (probably due "mandatory" overtime), so they had to hire new people, so that caused delays

Then you have Automotive companies in California and Michigan, even though they may of been "essential" there were still shut down because of Covid. I think i read somewhere that Roush was shut down for a while at the beginning of this thing because two of their employees tested positive.

I made a few purchases for my car, and it probably took two weeks to arrive from a warehouse in Las Vegas, apparently the packaged decided to take a tour and visit the Great White North (Canada) for some reason, but since i was basically stuck at home with no-where to go/no car shows to attend, didnt really care it took that long to arrive. I just purchased the items for something to do over a weekend.
Sponsored