Sponsored

Loud Thump from Front Suspension

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I had thought about washers too
Washers probably won't offset it enough. And it it's easy to simulate since you would have to basically compress the strut...
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
so a slip-on shim of about 6mm thickness would do the trick, yes? Paging Steeda Engineering... :)
I'd say you need probably little more than that. It would be good to hear what Steeda says about it - while the link itself is good (and IMO superior to BMRs - not trying to start a war of both companies here but I've had corrosion all over BMR's - BMR has the same issue btw - they're just too thick on the ends), making it fit for all geometries and all sway bar settings hasn't been truly figured out.

It might be the case of sway bar not sitting exactly centered in the frame - since there are some tolerances involved - but nothing you can do about it and trying to center it is next to impossible.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent customer service @SteedaTech . It's little things like this that determine who I shop with.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It might be the case of sway bar not sitting exactly centered in the frame
I would personally design it differently. Fully support the rod-end at either end with a thinner neck of about 1" length and also make it NOT adjustable. Length adjustment would be done in the *middle* of the span. I also don't understand why you wouldn't just use round bar instead of hex bar for this part. The stock unit might as well be made of spaghetti and is cheap-sh*t cast. The replacement made of 1/2" round bar would be vastly stronger on that alone.

Reactions: kz

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Brings a tear to our eyes :) - thank you for the support!

Have a safe & happy 4th of July Weekend!

TJ
Sponsored