SVE GT7 19x11 deal

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Nut took one zip of the impact to get off. No big deal.

RE-torquing it took a little grunt, though.
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Tire Rack was closing out some Eagle F1 Super Car tires in 305/30-19 size for $211 ea. So I picked up my track wheels and tires today for $316 per corner! That's less than half of what I was expecting to spend. Yeah, I still have to get some ARP studs, spacers, and TPMS sensors. But I'd need those regardless.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
good deal.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
those have a 2016 date code. Not that it really matters for 'casual' track use.
Right. These will be track tires, and with a 100 tread wear rating, I doubt they will be long lived. I ran Dunlop Direzza Star Specs (200 tread wear) on a track car for years. They were just as much fun after 5 years as they were when they were new.

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercar 3 are 220tw. You got the 3R? Very fast tire. If you keep the temps under control they last, but wear very fast if they overheat. All the more reason to get the camber in the box.
I haven't done a ton of research on camber solutions. Are you aware of any that do NOT require disassembling the strut?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any suggestions for open steel lug nuts to use with the GT7 wheels? I bought a set of White Knights, but they seem to have an awfully small seating surface (OE shown for comparison). I'd feel better with a bigger "cone" on the bottom of the lug.
2ZRq837EroijNKIPru-Fh2VUpfZH47NGzClcwm1OCBOcwkLEfLYRxqHKPlhIEyGf5HEooKEu=w964-h723-no?authuser=0.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
FP. Or OPMustang has some really cool, surface treated ones. The cone on the nut can be misleading, however. How much of a cone is present on the wheel side? If it's only about 7-8mm then the right side is just fine. Also what is the base diameter at the nose? The Ford example reduces to a very thin edge whereas the aftermarket may be truncated by 1mm.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I guess that's the question; Is it easier to tap out/in 5 studs, or one axle nut @ 251 ft/lbs?
You will have to tighten it (with a new nut - since they're yield to torque) with same torque so better be ready.... Taking off is extremely easy, took me about 2 seconds with an impact.... Torquing new one back wasn't difficult either - torque wrench that can do 250 lb/ft has enough arm length.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FP. Or OPMustang has some really cool, surface treated ones. The cone on the nut can be misleading, however. How much of a cone is present on the wheel side? If it's only about 7-8mm then the right side is just fine. Also what is the base diameter at the nose? The Ford example reduces to a very thin edge whereas the aftermarket may be truncated by 1mm.
I think I'll probably get a set of the FP nuts (below). They appear to have a bigger cone, which would theoretically spread the load better on the wheel seat. The White Knight nuts actually leave at least 1mm of area on the wheel seat unused (i.e., the wheel seat is deeper than the cone surface of the nut). The FP seems like if would fill the entire seat area better.
FP Mustang Lug Nuts.jpg

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having a hard time tracking down "affordable" slip on 25mm spacers. CJ Pony appears to be the only vendor listing them for under $100, with a pair for $42. However, they are back ordered. Still waiting to see how long to get them.

Considering alternatives:
1) CJ has 3/4" (19mm) adapters in stock. Combine these with a 5mm slip on to get close to 25mm.
2) Get a pair of 25mm bolt on spacers for $40 and just tap out the lugs, making them slip ons.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Having a hard time tracking down "affordable" slip on 25mm spacers. CJ Pony appears to be the only vendor listing them for under $100, with a pair for $42. However, they are back ordered. Still waiting to see how long to get them.

Considering alternatives:
1) CJ has 3/4" (19mm) adapters in stock. Combine these with a 5mm slip on to get close to 25mm.
2) Get a pair of 25mm bolt on spacers for $40 and just tap out the lugs, making them slip ons.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
I know you've said affordable but the ones from Optimum Performance are worth the money - they have a flange that simulates hub surface for the wheels to sit on and they're not that much more than bolt ons.
Sponsored