Sponsored

2019 Gurney Flap Price Drop??!!

CRisolvato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
(1st car, long gone) '86 5.0 GT Jalapeno red. '20 HEP-R. The other cars don't really matter.
Thanks for this thread. I have been considering, waiting on and searching for a 350 or 350R for a few months, new or used, depending on the deal (some are still trying to sell a used 19 for what I can buy a new one for at the right place looking to move them). One thing that has held me back was thinking I had to find a standard 350 with the Handling package included because previous threads indicated it could ONLY be purchased if the car came with the extras. This option has opened up dozens of cars if I don't go with a used R.
Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I would mot overthink the handling package in the first place. Camber plates even better then the Ford ones are everywhere, and the track only plastic added flap that comes rignt on and off already seems to have copy cats popping up. If you find the right car I would not let the handlibg package delete be the deal breaker

Om the other end of it, if you want the air conditioned lazy boy seats or the electronics package, etc, that stuff is harder to add back in

CRisolvato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
(1st car, long gone) '86 5.0 GT Jalapeno red. '20 HEP-R. The other cars don't really matter.
Om the other end of it, if you want the air-conditioned lazy boy seats or the electronics package, etc, that stuff is harder to add back in
This is the only other element. I have not had an opportunity to drive (or even sit in) a vented seat car, so I don't know how securely they hold me. I don't care about heated seats, but I run hot, so the idea of some back and bottom cooling is appealing. The drive I had in an '18 w/Recaros was a bit too brief and gave me a slight pause. The right side seat bolster is too far down the leg and presses into my thigh. I need to drive one longer to determine if I can get over it. I am also considering buying one with Recaros (harder to find) and then buying a set of vented factory seats from eBay, etc. The cushioned seats appear to be 1/3-1/2 the cost of someone selling their Recaros and can be pretty easily wired, if my searches on here are accurate.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
As far as I know there was only 2 seats.... the Recaros (marked or not) and the wider heated and cooled

The Recaros are going to be best on the track but some tire of them on long drives. Jay Leno took out his Recardos and put in the standard GT buckets.

Maybe the air cooled is just wires only but I assumed there may.of been hoses as well. Not sure. but its also full power including power lumbar support. I'd assume its easier to toss a Recardo in then the other way around but perhaps others know different

The air cooled seats are cool (no pun intended) but its not the end all. It does helps when the car has a black interior ...and I like them... but its a bit subtle

Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
As far as I know there was only 2 seats.... the Recaros (marked or not) and the wider heated and cooled

The Recaros are going to be best on the track but some tire of them on long drives. Jay Leno took his Recardos and put in the standard GT buckets.

Maybe the air cooled is just wires only but I assumed there may.of been hoses as well. Not sure. but its also full power including power lumbar support. I'd assume its easier to toss a Recardo in then the other way around but perhaps others know different

The air cooled seats are cool (no pun intended) but its not the end all. It does helps when the car has a black interior ...and I like them... but its a bit subtle
Being an old fart (75) with no intentions of ever tracking both my 16 and 17 when I got them I bought the 16 off the showroom floor and made them locate the 17 and would only take them with the leather heated/cooled seats. I sat in one with Recaros and for me said hell no! to hard and only front to back adjustment. In my situation loved the heated/cooled leather seats, was like being in my recliner when driving.

Sponsored

Sd1484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to give a quick update. They called and e-mailed about the part being on backorder. But they said they found the part in-stock at another dealer. There was a difference in price of $35 and wanted to know if that was ok. I called and responded to approve the difference. They just sent me the tracking info!!!!

Hack the part number ending in AA should be the spoiler and the part number ending in AB should be the Gurney Flap.
Do you think it fits the GT500 Spoler