Ford Offered me This....

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The lady couldn’t really explain how it worked I’m thinking it’s just for oil changes...
I can’t rotate the tires and doubt they’d do a through inspection.
If anyone has a bit more info on how this works let me know.
A66FD53E-9254-4C51-BECD-0BA480DE2558.png

Which plan did they offer you, went through this also but best she was able to give at her end was 3 year 45000 miles. I did get the longer one but it was handled differently.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Which plan did they offer you, went through this also but best she was able to give at her end was 3 year 45000 miles. I did get the longer one but it was handled differently.
same 3 year 45k....

must be the standard.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If it’s free great....never buy those things as part of a sale though.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
you have any experience with using it?

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
So I had a customer service issues dealing with a dealership and spoke to a regional. They offered me this as a goodwill gesture on my car.... don’t know too much about it but I do I have it for 3 years and 45k. So I have free oil changes I guess...

The lady couldn’t really explain how it worked I’m thinking it’s just for oil changes...
I can’t rotate the tires and doubt they’d do a through inspection.
If anyone has a bit more info on how this works let me know.
A66FD53E-9254-4C51-BECD-0BA480DE2558.png
I purchased this plan with Full Synthetic oil changes for a '19 GT350. Cost me over $3K

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, confused. Why can one not rotate PP1 tyres (left to right, and vice versa)?

I understand not rotating from front to back. But...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sorry, confused. Why can one not rotate PP1 tyres (left to right, and vice versa)?

Well you can but that's largely pointless because the rears are going to wear much quicker in general on these cars. You're not really saving any tire by moving tires around on the same axle

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, understood. Thanks

Well you can but that's largely pointless because the rears are going to wear much quicker in general on these cars. You're not really saving any tire by moving tires around on the same axle

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
same 3 year 45k....

must be the standard.
Went through this for another reason, asked for longer but was told that is max they can do, I checked further with Ford about plans mentioned the 7/75k plan, did get it in a round about way.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Went through this for another reason, asked for longer but was told that is max they can do, I checked further with Ford about plans mentioned the 7/75k plan, did get it in a round about way.
yeah she had other plans she could offer like for extended warranty and the such however I guess there guidelines to be followed and I’m only 3 months 3k miles into my 3/yr 36k and my 5/yr 60 power train so she felt like this was beneficial.

only thing I see this plan helping with is oil changes, all filters, brakes and wiper blades which I think it covers and I can replace all of those at least once in 3 years and 45k.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
You keep the cars for how long? trade them em a few years later and guess what no one cares if there’s a minor scuff on the belly pan. They just brought a used car that they’re going to drive... doubt they’d care what you did prior whether the dealer changed the oil or you.
Some of us keep our cars much longer. I've had my first Mustang for 21 years so far as a daily driver. Both viewpoints are valid but its a personal preference on maintenance.

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
from the dealer? Sure the package of these plans are negotiable...
Yes mine was from the dealer. My plan is 7 years and 100,000 miles. Oil changed every 5000 miles or about 20 oil changes was quoted $140-150 for a oil change with 10 qt of full synthetic. Also all the filters, plugs, brake shoes and the clutch. I think it is added benefit then just the oil changes.

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco

Ivan from what I have been told you only want to rotate front to back on the same side. Never from one side to the other. I think it has to do with keeping the tire direction the same. They told me it could cause separation within the tire. That was a long time ago and may have changed with newer tires. But I don't want to take the chance of a blowout. These are high performance cars so I expect more for up keep.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, understood.

Ivan from what I have been told you only want to rotate front to back on the same side. Never from one side to the other. I think it has to do with keeping the tire direction the same. They told me it could cause separation within the tire. That was a long time ago and may have changed with newer tires. But I don't want to take the chance of a blowout. These are high performance cars so I expect more for up keep.
Sponsored