2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
17 motor blew with frpp 3 installed. Lasted 7800 miles
18 motor blew all stock at 3200 miles
Wow. That's some really bad luck. Do you know the cause? They weren't even being pushed based on the mods.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Wow. That's some really bad luck. Do you know the cause? They weren't even being pushed based on the mods.
Don't exactly know what happened to the 17 motor. I am assuming frpp was the issue because it died after 2000 miles from the install.
18 motor was manufacturer error. clearance of cylinders and camshafts were all over the place.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Here is the link to the whistling noise I am getting from my blower.

You can probably hear it most from 0:20
I have had 4 different 2.3 TVS Mustangs and to me, all sounds normal. I hear injector noises and probably the Direct injection pump could be some of that slight whistle, but over the computer, I hear nothing that sounds unusual.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Got to cruise it around some after work today. 89 degrees and humid, IAT2 was 98-99 the whole time. A week or so ago I found that my HE hose was somewhat crimped, moved my intercooler pump closer to the HE by an inch or two which really helped.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Got to cruise it around some after work today. 89 degrees and humid, IAT2 was 98-99 the whole time. A week or so ago I found that my HE hose was somewhat crimped, moved my intercooler pump closer to the HE by an inch or two which really helped.
Only 10 degrees over ambient? Wow, I have never heard any PD blown engines with iat2 that low unless they had an ice tank or some other cooling mod.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You running a Killer Chiller or Ice Tank?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Only 10 degrees over ambient? Wow, I have never heard any PD blown engines with iat2 that low unless they had an ice tank or some other cooling mod.
I have several things to help cool this thing down to what it is.

Removed the hood liner
Removed the rear rubber strip of the hood
Wrapped my CAI intake tube with sliver heat resistant insulation
Lined my CAI air filter box with silver heat resistant insulation
Installed phenolic spacers
Drilled out every single hole in my upper and lower grille
Installed the VelossaTech big mouth and wrapped that with heat resistant insulation
Removed my fog lights and installed hoses that aim air at the engine compartment
VMP upgraded intercooler pump
VMP triple pass HE-no fans
170 T-stat (although that doesn't affect IAT's)
Cut open my hood vents
Made a cover for my JLT CAI filter box

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
U have a 16 Roush

That kit has a Bigger intercooler vs a 18-20 Kit, plus u have the VMP HE and Phenolic Spacers, that’s mostly why u r running those IAT2 temps

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
U have a 16 Roush

That already has a Bigger intercooler, plus u have the VMP HE and Phenolic Spacers, that’s mostly why u r running those IAT2 temps
True on all those. The phenolic spacers really helped, but every little bit helps.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Very impressive Whitey Dog
Thanks, but it took a lot of doing to get it to that. I did a thread about it after I installed the phenolic spacers last year when the temps were a little higher. I ain't gonna sh*t you guys, those are my real IAT's. If you guys with the 18's on up could get the phenolic spacers I would highly recommend it.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks, but it took a lot of doing to get it to that. I did a thread about it after I installed the phenolic spacers last year when the temps were a little higher. I ain't gonna sh*t you guys, those are my real IAT's. If you guys with the 18's on up could get the phenolic spacers I would highly recommend it.
The problem is the Fead Bracket. VMP was gonna see if the Odin bracket would work but never got back to me, Chsinsaw said he was gonna make his own too. I would do them tomorrow if we had a Fead Bracket.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The problem is the Fead Bracket. VMP was gonna see if the Odin bracket would work but never got back to me, Chsinsaw said he was gonna make his own too. I would do them tomorrow if we had a Fead Bracket.
Yes, I remember you talking about that FEAD bracket being the issue.