Ford Offered me This....

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So I had a customer service issues dealing with a dealership and spoke to a regional. They offered me this as a goodwill gesture on my car.... don’t know too much about it but I do I have it for 3 years and 45k. So I have free oil changes I guess...

The lady couldn’t really explain how it worked I’m thinking it’s just for oil changes...
I can’t rotate the tires and doubt they’d do a through inspection.
If anyone has a bit more info on how this works let me know.
A66FD53E-9254-4C51-BECD-0BA480DE2558.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Seems like it’s a good deal. It appears to cover all oil changes... and brakes (although not the rotors) but still no labor either. (That would’ve came in useful on my Dodge when I needed brakes within 2 years.)
Wiper Blades and the filter replacements are cool too along side the flushed of fluid... so doubt I do this every 10k though. What I’ll probably do is do the oil and filter changes and right before the plan runs out do the brakes and flush’s of other fluids...

I have no experience with this plan or even how it works exactly so I will find out as time goes on.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Can't rotate the tires on PP1.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Look it’s a free plan... I’m driving a mass produced 5.0l Ford Mustang. This isn’t some rare limited edition McClaren or Ferrari and I admit it’s good to baby the car but who are we fooling 50k or not it’s a Ford Mustang an average everyday car that can be afford by many of working American population. For this I drive it as such and I do take care of it but it’s not a treasured rare piece of gold or a child... it’s cold painted metal.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Heck no! Ain't no one touching my car for simple stuff like that!
You can say that again. Not even if they paid me. Ha ha. Plus it's very inconvenient for me. I spend minimal actual labor time in my garage, and let fluids drain until nothing comes out. Check everything around for leaks, and clean everything too. But importantly, I do it right, including always threading plugs by hand, and using a torque wrench to torque them. Oh, and putting belly pans back together exactly the way they were, with no missing hardware, and nothing installed wrong. I've NEVER seen any job from a dealer done 100% right; I always have to fix/replace something. Oh, and I also have always found scuffs, scratches, etc. inside and/or outside the car too. Not worth the aggravation AT ALL for me :). I only take vehicles to a dealer when I absolutely can't do it myself, or it's too expensive to pay out of pocket (like over $200). Otherwise, it's done by me, be it my Porsche, or my daughters' Hyundais :D.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You can say that again. Not even if they paid me. Ha ha. Plus it's very inconvenient for me. I spend minimal actual labor time in my garage, and let fluids drain until nothing comes out. Check everything around for leaks, and clean everything too. But importantly, I do it right, including always threading plugs by hand, and using a torque wrench to torque them. Oh, and putting belly pans back together exactly the way they were, with no missing hardware, and nothing installed wrong. I've NEVER seen any job from a dealer done 100% right; I always have to fix/replace something. Oh, and I also have always found scuffs, scratches, etc. inside and/or outside the car too. Not worth the aggravation AT ALL for me :). I only take vehicles to a dealer when I absolutely can't do it myself, or it's too expensive to pay out of pocket (like over $200). Otherwise, it's done by me, be it my Porsche, or my daughters' Hyundais :D.

You keep the cars for how long? trade them em a few years later and guess what no one cares if there’s a minor scuff on the belly pan. They just brought a used car that they’re going to drive... doubt they’d care what you did prior whether the dealer changed the oil or you.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Can't rotate the tires on PP1.
Never understood why manufactures do that other than to have you buy tires twice as often in some cases.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If it's free then why not, I can't see of a single reason not to have it if it costs nothing. I prefer to do most maintenance myself but it's also not a specialty car as was said earlier. Anyone should be able to do the basics at least to an adequate degree.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If it's free then why not, I can't see of a single reason not to have it if it costs nothing. I prefer to do most maintenance myself but it's also not a specialty car as was said earlier. Anyone should be able to do the basics at least to an adequate degree.
yeah I reached out to ford customer service due to an issue and they offered the maintenance plan to me no charge.
Sponsored