Sponsored

Service MOT

chazoshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Received a reminder for my annual Service & MOT from Ford Dealer. My Ecoboost has only done 820 miles since is last service (due to me being overseas and COVID). Its a 2016 year model and the Odometer is currently 12,777 miles (11,957 miles at last year's service). should I just skip a year?? Advice, please?
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
It won’t harm the car as modern engine oils have a much longer life than in years gone by, it’s at resale time it’d be nice to have a ‘dot to dot’ service history, I suppose it depends how long you’re going to keep it, when it’s 10 or 15 years old no one is going to penalise you for having a mileage based history, in the shorter term they probably will, Ford servicing is pretty cheap anyway so I’d probably keep it up for now

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Received a reminder for my annual Service & MOT from Ford Dealer. My Ecoboost has only done 820 miles since is last service (due to me being overseas and COVID). Its a 2016 year model and the Odometer is currently 12,777 miles (11,957 miles at last year's service). should I just skip a year?? Advice, please?
On a relatively new car its paramount IMO that a service history is maintained, preferably a dealer service but as long as you use a garage that uses Ford Parts an indie is fine.

By not having a service history, if you come to sell it people will see it as a red flag and walk away. With such a low mileage car you will be shooting yourself in the foot if you skip its scheduled service.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
On a relatively new car its paramount IMO that a service history is maintained, preferably a dealer service but as long as you use a garage that uses Ford Parts an indie is fine.

By not having a service history, if you come to sell it people will see it as a red flag and walk away. With such a low mileage car you will be shooting yourself in the foot if you skip its scheduled service.
Exactly this. And if someone said they had serviced it themselves I'd be out of there!

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the oil and filters your self and pay a VAT registered garage an hours labour. That way you get the parts you want and the receipt for your service history. I don't trust Ford.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Buy the oil and filters your self and pay a VAT registered garage an hours labour. That way you get the parts you want and the receipt for your service history. I don't trust Ford.
I agree to an extent that an indie ‘may’ actually do a better job, the problem though using an indie is Ford probably would be reluctant to offer any goodwill should anything happen. Personally I would stick to a ford dealership for servicing within the warranty period.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
if you’ve got an extended warranty, you must get it serviced within a small amount of miles over the interval and within one month (which ever) of when it’s due. I can’t stress how important this is from experience.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
depends on your long term plans I would say. If it’s a keeper then based on your 820 miles since last service I would leave it until you hit 5000 miles or 18 months whichever is sooner, or do your own oil change.
If however you see yourself trading it when the finance ends etc then book it into a ford garage to keep the impeccable history and resale potential.
Bearing in mind long term plans can change with circumstances, job loss, kids etc...

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
x2 regarding service history and impact on resale.

X2 on using an indie garage.

My experience with Ford dealers was woeful. Paint chips which they refused to rectify. Work not completed as requested (tracer dye for the leaking air con). Warranty claims rejected (misted lights). TSB bulletins dismissed as not for UK (aircon condensor) and that’s before you look at their charges.
Now the warranty is out, forget Ford and find someone who cares and knows what they’re doing.
I totally understand Ford dealers are independent and they’re not all absolute sh*te but I can only speak from my experience of 3 dealers over 2 years of ownership.
Sponsored