How to sell a new GT350

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
He means 2016 GT350's with the Technology Package, which is one of the most idiotic ideas in Ford's history. They created the GT350 for the track then inexplicably built units in 2016 that didn't come with the track pack but with a tech pack instead. LOL It wasn't until 2017 that the "base" car came with the coolers and other track pack goodies. Odds are that if you find a 350 for under $45K it is a 2016 tech pack car which is the equivalent of a donkey with three legs (ok, its not that bad but it makes no sense that Ford built quite a few of these cars).

Wow didn’t realize that lol.... so no track package going to research and see what they eliminated...
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
He means 2016 GT350's with the Technology Package, which is one of the most idiotic ideas in Ford's history. They created the GT350 for the track then inexplicably built units in 2016 that didn't come with the track pack but with a tech pack instead. LOL It wasn't until 2017 that the "base" car came with the coolers and other track pack goodies. Odds are that if you find a 350 for under $45K it is a 2016 tech pack car which is the equivalent of a donkey with three legs (ok, its not that bad but it makes no sense that Ford built quite a few of these cars).
It's not idiotic if you consider Ford knows their customers. They know the majority of buyers will never even think about taking it to a race track and put 100 miles on it in a 6 month period at most. That's the true tragedy of special edition cars. So many people just sit on them just so they can stare at it in their driveway. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. But it's just an odd choice to me.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They created the GT350 for the track then inexplicably built units in 2016 that didn't come with the track pack but with a tech pack instead.
Could you at least get both? I imagine so. But you're absolutely correct. It's truly idiotic to build a track car, and make the track pack optional.

A neighbor has a 2016 he bought at an auction, with heated and cooled seats (although Alcantara in the middle, rather than leather, like my Bullitt) that looks just like my Bullitt inside (same screen, etc). Obviously no B&O, although he claimed it did... but didn't come out until 2018, so impossible (it was Sony before). Does it have the 'tech package'? He claims it has both packages, hence my question above. But how can you tell if it has both packages? Just curious now :D.

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Could you at least get both? I imagine so. But you're absolutely correct. It's truly idiotic to build a track car, and make the track pack optional.

A neighbor has a 2016 he bought at an auction, with heated and cooled seats (although Alcantara in the middle, rather than leather, like my Bullitt) that looks just like my Bullitt inside (same screen, etc). Obviously no B&O, although he claimed it did... but didn't come out until 2018, so impossible (it was Sony before). Does it have the 'tech package'? He claims it has both packages, hence my question above. But how can you tell if it has both packages? Just curious now :D.
Your neighbor doesn't know his car. The track pack and tech pack are mutually exclusive. No 2016's were made with both packages. From Car & Driver: "The GT350 has two main options, which are mutually exclusive: the Technology Package and the Track Package. At $7500, the Technology Package includes navigation, Sync 3, leather, dual-zone automatic temperature control, dual power seats with four-way headrests and climate control, a seven-speaker audio system with satellite radio, Ford’s Integrated Driver Control System, MagneRide, heavy-duty front springs, turn-signal mirrors, and a garage-door opener. The Track Package also has MagneRide and the heavy-duty front springs as well as coolers for the engine oil, transmission, and differential; a strut-tower brace; the Integrated Driver Control System; and a rear decklid spoiler."

A couple of tell-tale signs that a 2016 is a tech pack and not a track pack is the spoiler. If it is just a thin "blade" type spoiler it is a tech pack. Also, the tech pack has the huge navi screen and does not come with Recaros. Those are the easily visible ways to tell the difference. Everything else from the track pack (oil, tranny and diff coolers, strut brace, etc.) takes some examining to see obviously. When I was looking for a 350 back in 2018 I became trained on how to spot tech pack cars while doing my search. LOL

I fear Ford is making the same mistake with the Mach 1. It is "the most track ready 5.0 Mustang ever made" yet there is an option for a "handling package." If the Mach 1 is what they say it is, handling should be standard for crying out loud! LOL

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My 2020 GT350, delivered in late March, dropped a valve last Friday like so many before me. The magic is gone and I want out. I have put about $10K into the car in extra wheels and tires, exhaust system, stone chip film, etc. so it is much better equipped than all the new bare GT350s for sale at dealers, but I have damaged goods under the hood. I would like to sell it quickly so I can buy something else.

Any recommendations on where to advertise, and how to price the car considering the engine repair? I'm told a long block will be put in. I have a total of about $77K invested in the car.

Thanks for your suggestions.
My suggestion is to stop letting your emotions run you.

The car will be just fine. It's a mechanical repair, and the car will run just as good, if not better, when you get it back.

Look, lots of people here have their cars damaged. Hell, mine is in the body shop right now. Cars can be fixed, and fixed to as good if not better than new. You will still have your warranty, and you'll enjoy the car just as much if you simply understand such repairs are normal, every-day occurrences.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree, I would hang unto the car if they are not willing to do a buy back, enjoy it, try to sell any after market parts. I've left mine totally stock for a reason... first it doesn't need a new exhaust, tune, super charger etc.. best sounding exhaust i've heard on a stock car. Get an extended warranty out of the deal and if you are still unhappy after a year, then sell it with the extended warranty to a private party....
When I was shopping for my 350, I looked at 2017-18 and often if it had a gen 2 engine replacement with an extended warranty it sold fast....

tsaints1115

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tracey
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar, 2014 F150
Any aftermarket parts on a car are worth pennies on the dollar.

Third party labor costs to install them is worth zero.

Stevbas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT 350.
Mine also went because of a bad valve. My car is a 2020 GT350. I had a new Engine installed. Ford gave me an extended warranty after some negotiation. The car runs great now.​

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Truth is getting rid of it by trading in for something else = waste of money for you. They wont buy back for the price you financed sadly.
The quickest and easiest way to get rid of it is to find something else you think you need elsewhere and trade it for. Hoping you get a good price for your car to clear the loan you have on it and if not, you can accept to finance a baloon on your next vehicle but thats never a good idea. You wouldnt be the first and last to do this

My friend bought the gt350 in 2016 brand new, went through the motor at 1600 miles. traded it for a 2017 and went through 2 engine in that one until he traded it for a pick-up. so i can understand your fear and why you want to do that.
Sponsored