Sponsored

1Slow5PointOh - Gen2 Twin turbo MagnumXL build.

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
Good morning/afternoon everyone. I decided to finally accept the burning hole in my pocket that is my S550 and finally build something I've always wanted. I figured that I might as well start a build thread that way I can document the process for others, as well as for myself to reference if I need to. My car is a guard metallic 2015 Mustang GT, equipped with the premium and performance package trim. I just rolled over 62k miles the other day as I use this car daily and often times for road trips. I've owned and built some decent cars before my mustang but my I'm no master mechanic. I do plan on doing 90% of the work myself with the exception of some things (i.e. powdercoating, OPG/CS install). My main goal is to have something reliable but also fun around 600whp.

Current Mods
Engine:
JLT Cold Air Intake
Speed Daddy headers
Corsa Extreme catback

Transmission:
Stock MT82 with a broken 2nd gear lol

Fuel:
Stock

Electronics:
Ngauge
Lund flex fuel tune

Suspension:
Eibach sportline lowering springs

Brakes:
Powerstop Z23 front and read brakes

Cosmetics:
Grille delete

Wheels:
Stock PP wheels
25mm spacers

Projected Mods
Engine:
On3 Performance Top mount Twin Turbo kit w/ 61mm ball bearing turbo upgrade
On3 Performance vacuum block
2018 Intake Manifold w/ lockouts
Boundary OPG/CS
Bobs Ultimate AOS Kit

Transmission:
Modern Driveline Magnum XL Kit 2.97 first gear
MDL lightened steel billet flywheel
Mcleod RXT clutch
OEM Pilot bushing
ARP Flywheel and Pressure Plate bolts
Dynotech 3.5" one piece driveshaft​
MGW Short Throw Shifter

Fuel:
On3 Performance Triple Pump Return style fuel system
DW 95lb Injectors

Electronics:
NGauge
Turbosmart eboost2 controller
MSD 2 step
Lund Flex Fuel Tune

Suspension:
Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces
Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links
Steeda Drag Springs
Koni Adjustable Front Struts
Viking Crusader Rear Shocks

Brakes:

Powerstop Z23 front and read brakes
Steeda Stainless Steel brake lines

Cosmetics:
MP Concepts GT350 Front Bumper
Ikon GT350 Fenders
Cervinis 4" Cowl Hood
CM Components Rear Seat Delete
ZL1 Wickerbill
GT350 Rear Valence
Autometer Dual A pillar pod (DIY project to fit ngauge and eboost2)
Avalanche Grey/ Satin White Pearl wrap (haven't decided yet..)

Wheels:
Deciding between Weld S71/Velgen VMB9/Forgestar F14

Misc:
MMR Complete gasket set
Ford Performance Timing kit (depends on wear of timing components)
2013-2014 alternator (needed for on3 kit)
NGK 6510 plugs
Cerakote (DIY project for hot side)
Wrinkle Black powdercoat (cold side)

As of now I have the complete TT kit as well as the complete fuel system. I have a lot of parts to order in the next couple months but plan on having everything completed and running by May/June time (hopefully lol..)
If anyone has any tips or recommendations please feel free to share.
If anyone is selling any of the parts listed for slightly used/new send me a PM as well!

Looking forward to updating this frequently and seeing how far this build progresses.
Sponsored

OP
OP

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
Oh how naive I was 4 months ago..

Well, I have a room or two full of car parts now. Starting July third I'm finally going to be tackling this massive project and eventually end up with what will seem like a brand new car.

Some notable part changes that I ended up getting instead.

-Ended up snagging an Airlift 3P set when it was on sale. I plan on keeping the suspension stock other than that and will upgrade with BMR parts as needed. I decided going overboard with BMR and added NVH probably wasn't the best plan of action. I suspect I'll need some BMR pieces, but again, I'll tackle those obstacles when I reach them.

-Added a Watson 4 Point cage, Corbeau FX1 Microsuede seats, and Corbeau 5 point camlock harnesses to the interior as well as a ton of miscellaneous carbon fiber trims.

-Got a deal I couldn't pass up with @LethalPerformance . Snagged their Magnum XL complete swap kit and upgraded to the RXT 1200 and Carbon Fiber driveshaft. Also grabbed a full set of D5 with deadlocks and tires for cheaper than weld rear beadlock wheels alone lol.

-Decided on Satin Flip Ghost Pearl by 3M for the wrap color.

-Finally grabbed an AC evaporator. This Florida and Georgia heat + humidity combo is killing me without AC.

Hopefully everything goes better than expected with the install.

BarberStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (base,6Spd,BAP)
Oh how naive I was 4 months ago..

Well, I have a room or two full of car parts now. Starting July third I'm finally going to be tackling this massive project and eventually end up with what will seem like a brand new car.

Some notable part changes that I ended up getting instead.

-Ended up snagging an Airlift 3P set when it was on sale. I plan on keeping the suspension stock other than that and will upgrade with BMR parts as needed. I decided going overboard with BMR and added NVH probably wasn't the best plan of action. I suspect I'll need some BMR pieces, but again, I'll tackle those obstacles when I reach them.

-Added a Watson 4 Point cage, Corbeau FX1 Microsuede seats, and Corbeau 5 point camlock harnesses to the interior as well as a ton of miscellaneous carbon fiber trims.

-Got a deal I couldn't pass up with @LethalPerformance . Snagged their Magnum XL complete swap kit and upgraded to the RXT 1200 and Carbon Fiber driveshaft. Also grabbed a full set of D5 with deadlocks and tires for cheaper than weld rear beadlock wheels alone lol.

-Decided on Satin Flip Ghost Pearl by 3M for the wrap color.

-Finally grabbed an AC evaporator. This Florida and Georgia heat + humidity combo is killing me without AC.

Hopefully everything goes better than expected with the install.

Update us! Have you started?

OP
OP

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
Update us! Have you started?
I have! The turbo kit and a good amount of other parts were put on last year.
A little bit afterwards though, the CHRA on the turbo went bad (probably due to my negligence).

Parts ended up being backordered for quite some time, then install took a while to find some free time as well.
The car has been back up and running for the past couple months now, so now its time to start on some cosmetic mods and fixing up some minor issues/annoyances. Hopefully I'll have some time this week to drop some pictures and update on parts that I actually ended up getting vs my projected list from ~2 years ago.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Some pictures would really kick this whole thread up a notch.

OP
OP

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
Here's a couple for now. It's definitely rough around the edges for the time being.

First couple pictures are mid-install.

Ended up snagging a cage on here for a good deal and powder-coating it wrinkle black as well as all the cold side piping for the turbo kit.

Instead of using a vacuum distribution block I ended up getting a throttle body plate with vacuum ports on it. That, mixed with the 2018 manifold angled everything just a tad bit too high so I couldn't fit the stock hood back on. I luckily had the Cervinis 4" cowl ready ( and shittily DIY wrapped) so I just ended up throwing that on.

I also ended up getting a really good deal on the Forgestar D5 beadlocks w/ MT ET SS's that I couldn't pass up.

Like I said, I should be able to type up a bit more this week, hopefully.
unfinished1.jpg

unfinished2.jpg

transmission.jpg

finished.jpg

cage.jpg

wheels.jpg
Sponsored