Sponsored

The mods have begun...2018 Mustang GT A10 PP1

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
A little update after some twisty mountain roads today. DA was 4400' at the bottom, 8000'+ at the top. Plus, I had my 3 kids (~175 lbs worth) in the car with me. Needless to say I wasn't trying to judge power as it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Anyway, turn in with the new wheels feels improved, it felt nice and responsive. I can't say much for how they affected acceleration since the DA was so high and I had the kids, and I was stuck behind a lot of cars so I wasn't pushing the engine much. All I know is PP1 w/ MagneRide is great in the turns, so I am always happy after I finish a drive like this.

Some IAT observations for those still curious re: the K&N:
On highway at 60+ mph constant speed: +8 over ambient
Up the mountain (15-20 miles up), 25-40 mph with mostly 20 mph curves (spent 3/4 of the time stuck behind regular cars so most of those 20 mph turns were actually only 20-25 mph, +/-), engine speed range 2200-4000 rpm (depending on if someone was in front of me): +20 over ambient
Going down the mountain roads at 30-45 mph (less traffic), 2500-4000 rpm: +12 to 15 mph over ambient

I love this car. Did the driving in Sport+ mode with the paddle shifters. I can say that, even w/ the high DA, I can feel the additional low/mid range torque from the mods compared to other times I've been up there. It would pull strong enough even below 3000 rpm, very pleased.
What was the Temp outside? And mine is about the same except it will go up another 10 degrees IAT if air conditioning is on. If I'm not stopping at a lot of red lights, it will be about 5-9 degrees above ambient.

Also, did you get a chance to drive your car for a while and park it for about 10-20 mins then get back in and see what your IAT were?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Idaho2018GTPremium

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What was the Temp outside? And mine is about the same except it will go up another 10 degrees IAT if air conditioning is on. If I'm not stopping at a lot of red lights, it will be about 5-9 degrees above ambient.

Also, did you get a chance to drive your car for a while and park it for about 10-20 mins then get back in and see what your IAT were?

Thanks.
It was 65 F in town and 50 F at the top of the mountain. I parked for about 20 minutes at the top then got back in the car. I noticed the IATs were pretty high (130ish maybe?), but I don't really remember how high. I didn't really pay attention to that value because as soon as I started moving they dropped quickly, so it's relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It's going to get hot in the engine bay when the car is parked after a drive, no way around that.

I have a theory that at higher elevations, the IATs will be higher than compared to low elevations, because the mass airflow through the intake is lower, thus, less heat is being removed from the intake system. I haven't quantified it yet (probably won't), but it is an engineering principle that at higher elevations, more air is required to remove heat from a space. Something to keep in mind for my IAT values above.